JJ SMITH 10 DAY GREEN SMOOTHIE CLEANSE

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I am spending my 10 bucks on a new running bra from Target! Booyah!

As I've said elsewhere, I'm down a cup size. But since I'm a guy, I'm not complaining.....

Keep going Tacklewasher! You've got this!
  • tammys_130
    tammys_130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Our body naturally tries to eliminate toxins, but overexposure to any of them will slow down the body’s detoxification systems. The reality is that you can assist the body in detoxifying and eliminating toxins that cause weight gain and harm your health. You can and should detoxify and cleanse the body if you want to live better and live longer. After your body utilizes nutrients from the food you eat, it must dispose of the unused food particles and waste produced by the digestive process. Without proper and complete elimination, undigested food can back up and leave toxins and waste in your body. But thanks to green smoothies, you can get the fiber you need to cleanse your body, tone your digestive system, and eliminate toxins.”

“Although our bodies have the ability to eliminate toxins, it’s when the body gets overloaded with toxins that it stores them in fat cells. Fat cells don’t get broken down very easily, so they literally weigh down the body and make it bigger.”

Excerpts From: Smith, J.J. “10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse.” Atria Books. iBooks.

Just my opinion but think some of you are being a bit too critical. Just because something isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't great for someone else. I came across JJ Smiths book when searching for Green Smoothie recipes, as I wanted to incorporate more of these into my diet. I very loosely followed the plan along with high protein meals as well as shakes (since I drink protein shakes after workouts). She doesn't say you have to strictly do the cleanse and gives information how to modify. The author is a certified nutritionist and explains in great detail the importance of greens in your diet as well as the elimination of foods out of your system. This book is about a lifestyle change, which is key to any success to weight loss and good health. Personally, I found the book to be extremely helpful for more than just some recipes. You can't assume we all have healthy functioning livers and colons, etc... and that our bodies are just going to naturally do all the work for us. For some of us we need to get our bodies to that stage so that we can enjoy that healthy functioning and this book helped me to do that. I did not lose a ton of weight but instead learned how to change what I eat, how it affects me and how to make sure it is eliminated properly. I lose about 1 pound a week. Is it completely because of this book? No, but I credit it with giving me a good basis to start with and educating me as to how to change my lifestyle. To me, that is important. If this or anything else helps someone on the path to better health and weight loss then all the power to them. If you feel it's not for you, then just do you.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I think that it's hilarious that people still think cleanses/detoxes are necessary even after seeing all the negative comments about them. They can't claim ignorance.

I would like to see just one OP come back to the thread they opened and share how it worked for them positive/negative.

I'd just like to see one OP actually do a bit of reading here first, realize that what they are posting has been posted hundreds of time before and say *kitten* it and not bother posting in the first place.

I've only been here a few months, but the pattern is crystal clear to anyone with even a tenth of a brain.

LOL! Well yeah that to!

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    tammys_130 wrote: »
    "Our body naturally tries to eliminate toxins, but overexposure to any of them will slow down the body’s detoxification systems. The reality is that you can assist the body in detoxifying and eliminating toxins that cause weight gain and harm your health. You can and should detoxify and cleanse the body if you want to live better and live longer. After your body utilizes nutrients from the food you eat, it must dispose of the unused food particles and waste produced by the digestive process. Without proper and complete elimination, undigested food can back up and leave toxins and waste in your body. But thanks to green smoothies, you can get the fiber you need to cleanse your body, tone your digestive system, and eliminate toxins.”

“Although our bodies have the ability to eliminate toxins, it’s when the body gets overloaded with toxins that it stores them in fat cells. Fat cells don’t get broken down very easily, so they literally weigh down the body and make it bigger.”

Excerpts From: Smith, J.J. “10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse.” Atria Books. iBooks.

Just my opinion but think some of you are being a bit too critical. Just because something isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't great for someone else. I came across JJ Smiths book when searching for Green Smoothie recipes, as I wanted to incorporate more of these into my diet. I very loosely followed the plan along with high protein meals as well as shakes (since I drink protein shakes after workouts). She doesn't say you have to strictly do the cleanse and gives information how to modify. The author is a certified nutritionist and explains in great detail the importance of greens in your diet as well as the elimination of foods out of your system. This book is about a lifestyle change, which is key to any success to weight loss and good health. Personally, I found the book to be extremely helpful for more than just some recipes. You can't assume we all have healthy functioning livers and colons, etc... and that our bodies are just going to naturally do all the work for us. For some of us we need to get our bodies to that stage so that we can enjoy that healthy functioning and this book helped me to do that. I did not lose a ton of weight but instead learned how to change what I eat, how it affects me and how to make sure it is eliminated properly. I lose about 1 pound a week. Is it completely because of this book? No, but I credit it with giving me a good basis to start with and educating me as to how to change my lifestyle. To me, that is important. If this or anything else helps someone on the path to better health and weight loss then all the power to them. If you feel it's not for you, then just do you.

Except from a book one must buy. Yeah, legit AF.
    Yeah, strong first post, indeed. How about some actual scientific studies? Any bozo can write a book.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    And yet, mfp is......free.
    But never cleanse free. :'(

And the New Year is coming.

Forgot about that! Brace yourselves! LOL
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    And yet, mfp is......free.
    But never cleanse free. :'(

And the New Year is coming.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Have not been here that long so I can only imagine what it must be like. Might have to take a bit of a break so my head doesn't explode.