JJ SMITH 10 DAY GREEN SMOOTHIE CLEANSE

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @vetsnatural have you tried adding your meals and smoothies into your diary here? If so, what do your calories and macros look like?
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I just cleansed with Dove body wash. But I'm still fat. :/

Hey, I used Dove body wash this morning too. Magnolia and pistachio scented. So delightful smelling but I am still fat as well. Boo
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    The Cleanse are smoothies with protein and healthy snacks. Its a jump start for me so if you are not going to be helpful... please step off.

What "jump start"? Look, if it's having a placebo effect, great.

I've lost over 100lbs eating food. You do you.
    BAM, lady! Right on!!

<3
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Op honestly you are just getting distracted and decieved by foolishness
    I bet you are peed off right now but hopefully soon you will see that these cleanses are just wasting time and money
    Use the tool as designed, and you will be successful
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am currently on day 7 of the JJ Smith 10 day cleanse I can say that it has gotten me out of my Sugar/bread/meat cravings and I feel good. I am doing the full cleanse for 10 days then going to do the modified cleanse which is two smoothies and snacks and 1 clean meal. I think I have gotten control of my eating habits and I am ready to continue this lifestyle change of eating cleaner and staying away from foods that are unhealthy or at least being able to control my eating habits. I also plan on staying with a paleo with minimal dairy low carb clean eating lifestyle. Am I trying to do to much too soon?

Good you're making changes to your lifestyle

And in 3 more days you can start to think what foods you really love to eat and how to work them into your diet to your utmost satisfaction at a calorie defecit

What I would recommend is you start logging now ...get the nutrional details off your packaging and create the smoothie in the MFP database and log it to see what it is you're eating

Then when you start introducing real food log that too..by weight again

Look for some recipe resources you like ..personally I'm fond of www.skinnytaste.com

Start building those recipes in your account and trying them out

Eventually you will replace the smoothies with real food cos who wants to drink their nutrition? And gradually you will build your own arsenal of go to foods that you understand the calories and nutrition of

80% of your food to hit your nutritional goals but each mouthful filling and delicious, 20% cos I don't wanna give up certain things like alcohol and chips and ice cream although that also helps me hit some of my nutritional goals

Good luck
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    OP I am sorry if you thought people where being unhelpful. It just makes me sad when people spend their hard earned money on shakes and cleanses when they are 100% capable of achieving their goals without all those products.

And especially when these products can do much more than just financial harm.
  • lagina19871
    lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting the cleanse myself. Like you said as a jump start to weight loss. The book is about 10 bucks so for those of you who are saying its a waste of money come on now, I could see that if you had to pay a monthly membership most of you spend more at starbucks. LOL :D;)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    All the jump start I've ever needed:

*sets MFP calorie goal to healthy weight maintenance*
    *tracks calories for normal day*
    *exclaims "Holy *kitten* balls, I've been eating twice as much as I should be! Better get that mess in line!"*

TIL another word MFP will let through its filter.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

*exclaims "Holy *kitten* balls, I've been eating twice as much as I should be! Better get that mess in line!"*

TIL another word MFP will let through its filter.

I made some tweaks so as not to get in trouble.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Yup!

When I started here at MFP, I spent the first two weeks simply tracking everything I normally ate and getting used to logging and weighing everything. I didn't make any changes, just want to really find out what my 'normal' was.

It was an eye-opener, to say the least.

Then I started by making small, sustainable, incremental changes in my diet and exercise. As my calories went down and my activity went up, the weight started coming off.

It was really that simple and that uncomplicated. :)

In hindsight, I wish I had done that. Be curious to see what I was eating for total calories.

I know, I'll just go back to old habits and log it. If I gain too much I can just do a cleanse to jump start me back on track.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting the cleanse myself. Like you said as a jump start to weight loss. The book is about 10 bucks so for those of you who are saying its a waste of money come on now, I could see that if you had to pay a monthly membership most of you spend more at starbucks. LOL :D;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1