24 Hours of Exercise per Month Challenge - November 2016

Options
b3achy
b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
Here's the 24 hour challenge thread for November! Let's do it again!! And welcome to any newcomers!

The goal is to hit at least 24 hours of exercise during the month of November. Any type of activity that you log in your exercise diary counts (both cardio and strength training).

And for you hosses and hossettes out there (you know who you are), if you want to do more, just post your personal goal that is over the baseline challenge goal. And for anyone who wants to join part of the way through, just post a comparable goal to finish out the month (for example, joining half way through, post a goal of 12 hours).

There is no group for this and no private messages needed. No fancy spreadsheets either, just report your running totals here in the thread.

Last month's thread is here:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10461472/24-hr-exercise-challenge-for-october

Replies

• bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Going from 0 - 24hrs is going to be a challenge but I'm up for it! See you tomorrow!

• b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    bobbylou23 wrote: »
    Going from 0 - 24hrs is going to be a challenge but I'm up for it! See you tomorrow!

Welcome to the challenge! Just find something you love to do and strive for an hour each day. That will give you 6 days / month for down time.

Remember, any activity you log in your diary counts, so even if it is a project around the house that gets you moving, that's good too. And adding simple activities to your normal day, works as well - walking is a great way to get some extra activity in each day - walk around the block, walk to work, etc. With some focus, you'll do great!! :)
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I just barely made it half way in October, I will get it in November!
  • lynda037
    lynda037 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ;) i'll try
    start weight 148
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • bobbylou23
    Options
    Day 1 : 62 minutes down
    2 min arm challenge
    6 min abs and legs challenge
    6 mins glutes challenge
    48 mins walking

Only 1378 minutes to go!
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 80 minutes (spin class =45, walking = 25, strength = 5, stretching = 5)
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @bobbylou23 - what is the glutes challenge?
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Two walks at 3 mph on the treadmill: 1 hour
  • missyloutaylor
    missyloutaylor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walked my 4 dogs for 1:17 hours - only burned 373 calories :/
  • dedaboss
    dedaboss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in i will reach for 40 hours
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Nov 1st- 70 mins

Total- 70 min
    Remaining- 1370 min
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Great to see some returning, and awesome to see so many new faces! Great start to the month already for everyone! Keep on moving! You can do it!!

Personal Goal: 36 hours (2160 minutes) <- I am doing a crazy team challenge that counts minutes, so I'm anticipating it could go higher, but wanted to set a reasonable goal given the holidays, etc.

1 November: 6 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats (4 sets x 15); 122 min Walking (5.55 miles); 4 min Planks (4 x 60 sec - straight arm) = 135 minutes

Total: 135 minutes out of 2160 minutes
    Left to Goal: 2025 minutes

History from previous 24 Hour Challenges:
    June - 33:41
    July - 26:58
    August - 24:45
    September - 26:20
    October - 41:00
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    1.75 hrs cardio
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 60 mins of cardio
  • bobbylou23
    Options

Morning - I've joined this November challenge for abs legs and glutes :

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10471482/november-30-day-fitness-challenges/p5

To me the glute work out was a bit daunting yesterday so I did half in morn, half at night.
  • percycat1
    percycat1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in --- 24 hours = 1440 minutes.
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bobbylou23 wrote: »

Morning - I've joined this November challenge for abs legs and glutes :

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10471482/november-30-day-fitness-challenges/p5

To me the glute work out was a bit daunting yesterday so I did half in morn, half at night.

@MiamiSeoul who started the thread is a real go-getter! She's on my team for the Amazing Race Challenge, and is a workout hossette! I'm sure her abs/legs/glutes challenge is great too!! And I highly recommend joining multiple challenge threads that meet your needs to keep you accountable and motivated. I'm in a bunch of others as well.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    1.45 + 1.45 lifting

• bobbylou23
    Options
    @b3achy - yeah she's great... Loads of suggestions, feedback etc.

Im pretty new to challenges and I really like the way you, @MiamiSeoul and @Spears1354 take time out to make it personal... Very motivating!