Drink only water!! All other drinks are evil!!

Hehehe, I can do click bait too B)

However I notice in every diet coke or coffee or alcohol or similar thread we get posts saying Water is best!, Swap to water!, I drink only water! etc

Drinking water is great and I drink at least several glasses of it every day.

But does anyone really drink ONLY water?

Is there some reason they think one cannot drink water some or even most of the time and also have a cup of coffee or a diet soda or a glass of wine at other times?

Just curious.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    There are so many peculiar ideas about food and drink that I shall not be surprised if someone proudly confirms your question.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I rarely drink regular water. Maybe 16oz a week.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Water, to make sure I'm hydrated, coffee to wake me up, an occasional beer, tea with honey almost every afternoon, milk, protein drinks on workout days. But, no, I couldn't just drink water.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    I drink a lot of water (often over 2 litres a day) to help keep me hydrated, but I drink tea and coffee as part of meals and snacks for the taste and to finish off my meals. I also drink alcohol on weekends (and some naughty weeknights). I drink smoothies but consider them meals as opposed to drinks, and I drink diet/sugar free drinks occasionally!

Currently working up to being comfortable drinking juices again. Maybe full sugar soft drinks but I doubt I'll ever actually get there! :tongue:
    Hopefully I'll also be able to start drinking flavoured plant milk drinks again at some point. There is a brand of coconut milk iced coffee that I'd really love to feel comfortable drinking!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    I drink a ton of water but also drink lots of different teas, coffee, diet soda, regular soda, ice tea, alcohol, occasional juice...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    I almost never drink plain water. It's always diet soda or caffeinated Mio/Mio knock-off enhanced water.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I drink a lot of water. But I also drink coffee, iced tea, diet soda, flavored sparkling waters, etc. - all of which contribute to hydration needs, as does the water we get in our foods. I've also occasionally been known to drink a beer or mixed drink - or two.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I do drink a lot of water but I also have coffee in the morning and a beer or wine or whisky at night. I had a La Croix the other night at someone's house and as much as I try to resist all the thing the hipsters are into, it was delicious and I put a box on my shopping list.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I drink water most of the time. My other drink of choice is unsweetened tea...maybe once a week. I could happily just drink water.
    Other people in my house drink water, tea, milk, hot chocolate, soda pop, juice, etc. Doesn't matter to me what they prefer to drink.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I drink strictly water. I like the way it goes down, and it only costs .35 cents per gallon.

Maybe in the hotter months, on a rare occassion, I'll buy a jug of Simply Lemonade. But I have to dilute it because it's much too sweet.

I stopped drinking soda in high school. Initially I just wanted to give up caffeinated sodas to see if it would help me sleep better. When I reintroduced it, I found it very uncomfortable to get down. Literally burned my tongue and throat.... so no soda, ever again.

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I drink quite a bit of water because it's so easy and cheap. Open tap, fill glass or bottle. I also drink a homemade latte most days, ginger or peppermint tea, sparkling tap water, and hot chocolate a few times a week. I'll occasionally have a Dr Pepper or an adult beverage.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Majority of my drinks are water (tap and in restaurants carbonated mineral), but always coffee in the morning. Now it is getting colder my tea consumption is up too. I treat myself occasionally to a glass of milk, freshly squeezed orange juice, mocktai or in winter a hot chocolate. But they are treats for me, so maybe once a month.
    I don't drink any alcohol (never have) and stay well away from any soda, regular, light or zero. Personally I think they all taste vile
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I drink water, tea, coffee and milk, that's pretty much it. I'll have a regular soda every couple months or so when we go out to dinner.
  • crazycatcuddler
    crazycatcuddler Posts: 8 Member
    Water, coffee, and cashew/almond milk over here. Occasionally, tea. And on very rare occasions, diet sodas. Even rarer occasions, milk.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    I drink a lot of water, always have done. I also drink tea mostly a herbal type of tea currently, but do drink green, earl or lady grey sometimes. Occasionally I like soda water with lemon or lime, that's mostly as a thirst quencher or replacement for wine

Sometimes for breakfast I have a fairly large full fat milk - keeps me going until lunch time.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,925 Member
    I drink water, coffee and tea almost exclusively. Occasionally, I add some Crystal Light to my water. I can't say I never have anything else, but 99% of the time I drink water or water with something added to it.

I guess if you count coffee as being water with something added to it - in my case coffee granules and milk - then there are many days, when I exclusively drink water too.
    ie all I drink on such days is some plain water and some cups of coffee

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,925 Member
    I drink strictly water. I like the way it goes down, and it only costs .35 cents per gallon.

Maybe in the hotter months, on a rare occassion, I'll buy a jug of Simply Lemonade. But I have to dilute it because it's much too sweet.

I stopped drinking soda in high school. Initially I just wanted to give up caffeinated sodas to see if it would help me sleep better. When I reintroduced it, I found it very uncomfortable to get down. Literally burned my tongue and throat.... so no soda, ever again.

Do you never drink alcoholic drinks or juices or coffee/tea?

Fair enough if you dont, I did pose the question and wondered if anyone drank only water - seems you are one person who does almost entirely do that then. :)
  • jadefitnow
    jadefitnow Posts: 47 Member
    Coffee every morning, water all day, seltzer often, tea at night and red wine a few times a week. Not perfect, not bad. Regular life.
    The issue with diet sodas for me is they triggers craving for sweets. If I have a sweet, I'd much rather dessert than a sugary drink.