Drink only water!! All other drinks are evil!!

Options

Replies

• Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink water when I am actually feeling thirsty like after running, but when I just feel like drinking something, Diet Coke is my weapon of choice :-)
  • Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use to not drink plain water... Ever. But since beginning my weight loss journey I've cut out all soda (which was 90% of what I drank before) now, while I don't drink only water, I do drink coffee in the morning and teas in the evening... On special occasions perhaps a little alcohol; I do manage to drink 3 to 5 liters of water a day now.
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly tap water, tea and black coffee, milk ( but less often recently).

Very occasional beer or drink

When i was youmg, there was very rarely soda, coke, pepsi or other carbonated drink in the fridge. So thanksto my parents, i never developped the taste for that type of drink. Also, not often juice.
    When i was thisrty, it was either water or milk.

Do a favor to your kids and don't get them accustomed to sodas and cie.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 80 ounces of water a day, sometimes with lemon, or a passion or ginger tea bag in it. Sometimes with zip fizz, if I'm feeling sluggish, or need a bit of caffeine for a fasted workout.
    I try not to use sweeteners as a matter of course, but do sometimes.
    I drink almond milk, cow's milk, soy milk with hot tea
    I drink wine with dinner most nights, and as my preferred adult beverage.
    (Tomorrow night is an adult beverage night)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    xaryo wrote: »
    I drink mostly tap water, tea and black coffee, milk ( but less often recently).

When i was youmg, there was very rarely soda, coke, pepsi or other carbonated drink in the fridge. So thanksto my parents, i never developped the taste for that type of drink. Also, not often juice.

When I was a kid we didn't have many drink choices at home. There was milk or water. Other drinks were for special occasions.
    I'm a water drinker but my siblings grew up to consume soda pop, coffee, alcohol, etc much more heavily and are not water drinkers.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

like... from the toilet?

Ah for the good old days when water was unsafe to drink and beer, rum and whiskey were considered suitable drinks for children
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've wondered about this too, so thanks for asking, OP.

I drink lots of water, and really enjoy it (especially cold or with ice). I also enjoy lots of other beverages--sparkling water, coffee, tea, La Croix, brewed chocolate (not sweet, more of a coffee/tea substitute), diet coke or some other diet soda, very rarely some juice or milk. I drink a smoothie in the morning sometimes, but don't really think of that as a beverage.

I think WinoGelato is also right to wonder about how the "why would you drink anything but water" thing translates to food. It always strikes me as an odd question in that no one (well, few) questions why people would want variety with food, so why would beverages be different.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do drink a lot of water but I also have coffee in the morning and a beer or wine or whisky at night. I had a La Croix the other night at someone's house and as much as I try to resist all the thing the hipsters are into, it was delicious and I put a box on my shopping list.

La Croix is hipster now? I have been drinking it since 1995. Stupid hipsters ... you think it would cost less now more people drink it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    I do drink a lot of water but I also have coffee in the morning and a beer or wine or whisky at night. I had a La Croix the other night at someone's house and as much as I try to resist all the thing the hipsters are into, it was delicious and I put a box on my shopping list.

La Croix is hipster now? I have been drinking it since 1995. Stupid hipsters ... you think it would cost less now more people drink it.

I posted this in another thread, because I had the same reaction when a friend of mine from Philadelphia referred to it as trendy and it answered some questions. Not sure if you are in the midwest, but it seems to be trendy in other parts of the country, not here (which is hilarious): http://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11666314/lacroix-sparkling-water-seltzer -- "In the 1990s, LaCroix was the favorite drink of Midwestern moms. How did it get so cool?"
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    xaryo wrote: »

When I was a kid we didn't have many drink choices at home. There was milk or water. Other drinks were for special occasions.
    I'm a water drinker but my siblings grew up to consume soda pop, coffee, alcohol, etc much more heavily and are not water drinkers.

I feel it's more of a mindset than the physical availability of drinks. When I was a kid we didn't have anything but water and milk in the fridge, but only drank water for thirst. Milk was often for breakfast, and yogurt for lunch or dinner. I also bought juice at school with my sandwich, soda was an option too but I chose juice more often. I had the option of buying soda using my pocket money, but I preferred other snacks so I only bought it occasionally. My parents occasionally bought soda, and because it was associated with certain meals it felt like a "sometimes food", that is, something I had sometimes but didn't feel the need to have every day.

Even now, if we buy a liter of soda without having it with a meal (we usually buy it with pizza), it lasts a whole week in the fridge or until it goes flat and we throw the rest away, and that's a family of 4 struggling to finish 1 liter. That's why if someone decides to bring soda without a reason, we decided we would only buy the 250 ml cans so that if anyone feels like having one, they are conveniently in single servings and the rest doesn't have to go flat.

For me, personally, I think the casual attitude of my parents about these things helped me not to develop a soda drinking habit. It was not forbidden or explicitly limited, but it was not presented as an option for thirst either. I also had access to it whenever I wanted, so it never felt like a forbidden fruit. I think what helped the most is that all the kids around me had a similar upbringing where soda was not a big deal nor a daily habit, so I didn't feel singled out for not having it daily.

• goddessecouture
    goddessecouture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When people ask my favorite drink, I always ask if it makes me boring that it's water. Nothing beats an ice cold Dasani (or good filtered water) to me! That said, I MUST start the day with a coffee; there's often an espresso somewhere in the day; I love a good tea, and I'm getting more matcha into my day; and yes, I'll have a glass of wine once a week or so as well. If you love something, I don't think you should have to entirely eliminate it. Just practice moderation.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If I am not drinking wine the only beverage I like to drink is water. I hate pop and juice is too sweet and makes me thirstier.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    dkoeppe wrote: »
    I drink human blood exclusively. It has kept me young looking and energetic for 1000's of years. I do find it makes my skin more sensitive to sunlight, so I ALWAYS wear SPF 500 sunscreen.

Drinking it is disgusting.............

Bathing in it makes you eternally youthful.
  • Meticulous_Nails
    Meticulous_Nails Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I drink water and tea . Almond milk with my protein shake is the only other thing I drink. i figure I can enjoy eating other things without the sugar filled drinks.
  • Treece68
    Options
    I find only water to get boring. I drink it all day at work but when I get home I need a little variety. How boring to drink only water.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I drink 1.5 litres of flavoured water MacB every day, along with a zero sugar energy drink, cos they're yummy, plus the odd cup of tea. Every drink counts towards your water intake for the day, you've just got to take into account the dehydrating qualities of things like caffeine and alcohol, which effectively reduce the value of the water intake, if you get my drift. That's what I've been led to believe anyway, though don't ask for my source cos I now cant remember it.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Water? That's the stuff that goes in the back of my coffee pot, right?

That's what I always thought!

I drink black coffee all day long at work and switch to water when I get home.
  • ravenstormwolf30
    Options
    Myself I drink nothing but water....I used to drink only diet pepsi, but I stopped drinking that and started drinking just water as i wanted to get healthier.... So yep I only drink water..
  • Treece68
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Treece68 wrote: »

I posted this in another thread, because I had the same reaction when a friend of mine from Philadelphia referred to it as trendy and it answered some questions. Not sure if you are in the midwest, but it seems to be trendy in other parts of the country, not here (which is hilarious): http://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11666314/lacroix-sparkling-water-seltzer -- "In the 1990s, LaCroix was the favorite drink of Midwestern moms. How did it get so cool?"

LOl I literally just read that because I didn't know about the hipster La Croix thing and wanted to look into it. It has a Buzzfeed article it must be hipster.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Everything I drink is about 98% water, so...