14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »
    No I don't have any medical issues (that I know of) and I haven't deliberately gotten this low I feel like I eat a decent amount

If this is in fact true, then I hope that all is well and doctor gives you great ideas in how to go about all of this. No one on this thread has all of the details. I hope that your second set of tests after Christmas serve as a springboard to achieve the health and body you are looking for.

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year. Keep trying to gain weight in the meantime by adding extra calories. I still believe that you are honestly seeking help and really do hope that there are no medical reasons for the recent loss.

Please do eat more as you are very active and expend a lot of calories. In addition you have to be in a calorie surplus in order to gain muscle. Also you need adequate nutrients so that you don't get worn down. If anything on this entire thread rings true, please take good care of yourself and turn this around.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No I don't have any medical issues (that I know of) and I haven't deliberately gotten this low I feel like I eat a decent amount

can you log all your calories for the day and open your diary? People who are emaciated and malnourished with ED can feel like they eat a decent amount. Your perspective may be skewed. Do you know how many calories you eat? I mean there is a HUGE difference with how to help you if you are actually eating enough vs if you are subconsciously restricting. If you are eating a lot and losing randomly, then there is definitely something going on. I suspect if you log you will see how little you really are eating.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    how are you doing?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing too. How are you doing?

Just looked, It seems he last logged in on the second. Hope he will look in again soon.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I hope he is on the "gaining weight" board and has been actively gaining.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just weighed myself at 8st8 but I did have a particularly heavy day of eating (mcdonalds 3 times :)) so I don't know if I've pit any on and if I have joined much just waiting to go for my ultra sound test o the 16th now

You'll always weigh more at the end of the day compared to first thing in the morning.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    One always weighs more at the end of the day. It sounds like a good day. I hope you have more days with plenty of food available to you, don't forget some veg. Wishing you a Healthy 2017.
  • RogueDeer5
    RogueDeer5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Had a phone call from the clinic today they've moved my ultrasound appointment to the 6th of February :(
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Had a phone call from the clinic today they've moved my ultrasound appointment to the 6th of February :(

That's annoying. But the good thing is they clearly aren't seriously worried that you have an immediate health issue.

Have you gained any weight since you started this thread? Thanks for checking back in with us, I think there's a lot of us here keen to hear your progress.
  • hazcad
    hazcad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been reading your posts and it's good you are finally getting help. It's horrible having to wait ages for an appointment. It in the mean time I think it would be good for you to just concentrate on eating more.

Instead of cereal for breakfast have eggs and or bacon, much more nutritious than cereal and will help you build muscle.

If you can't eat a lot eat lots of small meals. Maybe look at nutrition shakes and bars to help you too.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Edited to delete