14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options

Replies

• rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That should say if there if test results come back with an issue.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Phone ask them to print your result, and go pick them up
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »
    My results are back just gotta try and get an appointment to find out what they are now all the appointments for today are gone already so will have to try again tomorrow

Good for your follow through! You are smart to clear your health with the doctor. If all is well, you can always work on adding calories with nutritious meals and track on MFP to make sure you eat recommended calories to match TDEE. There is a forum on MFP for people who are working to gain weight. Kudos.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    My results are back just gotta try and get an appointment to find out what they are now all the appointments for today are gone already so will have to try again tomorrow

So they want you to come In but didn't give you an appointment??

we know OP doesn't really try very hard, and wont ring when they surgery first opens...
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

we know OP doesn't really try very hard, and wont ring when they surgery first opens...

Yes but when they. Called to tell him the results are back, they would have set up and appointment for him.
  • DebSozo
    Options

Surgery? Did I miss something?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    rosey35 wrote: »
    The doctor usually call you up and discuss the results with you and make an appointment then and there for you they can do it on their system.. You can also go on the patient emisaccess website and look at appointments available and make your own.

I was going to suggest using emisaccess too, but didn't know if every surgery uses it (plus he would need to get a user ID/password from reception first). I always make my appointments through there, it's easier than trying to get through on the phone and I can export it to my Google calendar.

I'm lucky, I live in an area that has a few different surgeries I can choose from and I can get an appointment on the same day if I want it but not with a specific doctor. I know that not every area is like this though and that different practices have different rules. At my surgery results take 10 days or so and it's the patient's responsibility to make the follow-up appointment to get the results, so I always make a future appointment on the day of the test. In my experience hospitals will contact me if the results need action, but GPs don't.

ETA: GPs don't contact me even when the results aren't good, it's up to me to make an appointment.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yes but when they. Called to tell him the results are back, they would have set up and appointment for him.

you'd think....
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

you'd think....

Except they don't do advance appointments, full stop. We've already covered this. Their system is the same regardless, call on the day.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »

it's what we call the doctor's office in the UK.

Oh
    Whew!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,408 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

it's what we call the doctor's office in the UK.

Oh
    Whew!

Exactly. Rubbish system, but that's how it works in many doctor's offices hereabouts.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Had my appointment today it was with my family Dr who hasn't seen me in years so he went over my entire medical history and he was concerned about my weight but the blood test came up clear so he booked me in for another blood test he was asking me things like have I ever thought I was fat or overweight and am I stressed out or sleeping properly the he asked if I eat a lot I said I eat ok but don't eat any sweets crisps or fizzy drinks and he said that's good but I should try eating some more healthy fats and protein from things like milk and cheese but don't just start eating loads as it could damage my body with the sudden increase in calories and fats and as I go to the gym a bit doing weight training he told me to eat more protein and I will bulk up a bit and also to start cardio exercises to make sure I'm keeping my heart healthy then he said he wants to keep an eye on me so after the blood test I have to see him but he said it will most likely not be till after Christmas

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to get more direction. I'm also glad that the completed blood work was good, but that he is doing additional testing.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This all sounds positive. Make sure you see this one when you return. It can really help to see someone who knew you and your family. Please try to do all he suggested. Please let us know how you get on in the New Year.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This sounds very positive. I second the recommend for the gaining weight board and for trying to follow up with this doctor specifically. Please let us know how it goes!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I hope you haven't put off eating more for twenty days to wait for the test results.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    just add a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of full fat milk after your last meal of the day!
    Wouldn't that in itself become another meal?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I hope you haven't put off eating more for twenty days to wait for the test results.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    just add a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of full fat milk after your last meal of the day!
    Wouldn't that in itself become another meal?

I would call it "dessert"!

I'd just have the milk and peanut butter!