14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,561 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, @RogueDeer5
    Do ask your doctor's receptionist for a printout of the results and post them here.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates and hope all goes well. When I was at the worst of my eating disorder my BMI was 14.5 and I felt really terrible. Wishing you health and healing!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, @RogueDeer5
    Do ask your doctor's receptionist for a printout of the results and post them here.

Definitely do not do this

Yeah no need to publicly post your medical records. Usually when you get a blood test there will be some items flagged that are abnormal so you should be able to see if anything is out of the ordinary. Hope you figure it out.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting a copy for your own records, but would never post them here or anywhere else for that matter. I hope you get some answers.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »
    I dont understand this - if you ring up and they are booked out for the day, can't you make an appt for the day after - at least you would get seen this week.
    Surely appt's aren't made on a ring up that day only basis.

and, yes I agree with everyone else - sudden unexplained weight loss is a symptom of serious problems - your underweight status is a health risk in itself but the underlying cause also needs to be found out and treated.

Yeah there on a ring that day only basis

So you're entire town can only book an appointment for the day they ring? I find this unlikely. I live in the UK and i know that every doctors I have ever rang or been to allows you to book for future days - it may not be soon, but it's an appointment.

I'm a little late in on this but this isn't true for my town. I lived in Leeds for years and you could only book an appointment for that particular day and now I live in Bradford and it's the same here. An appointment cannot be booked days in advance here
  • halimaiqbal00
    Options
    All the best with your results OP, hope you get this sorted quickly. Thanks for updating us along the way
  • RogueDeer5
    RogueDeer5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My results are back just gotta try and get an appointment to find out what they are now all the appointments for today are gone already so will have to try again tomorrow
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    All the very best. I hope you are given one very soon.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My results are back just gotta try and get an appointment to find out what they are now all the appointments for today are gone already so will have to try again tomorrow

Did they not give you the results over the phone a lot of Gps will say if it's normal or not over the phone . If they say come in for an appointment then usually it means they have found something or they want to do more tests on you. I've had loads done over the years and many different gps/Hospital tests because of a long term illness plus (Moving and gps closures here). Hope you get some answers x
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Did they not give you the results over the phone a lot of Gps will say if it's normal or not over the phone . If they say come in for an appointment then usually it means they have found something or they want to do more tests on you. I've had loads done over the years and many different gps/Hospital tests because of a long term illness plus (Moving and gps closures here). Hope you get some answers x

I'm guessing even if the results WERE normal they would hopefully invite the OP in just to discuss ways of bumping his weight up.

Hopefully there is nothing serious going on. If it was really serious they would make an appointment for you straight away.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,561 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Even if anything is ok (again, ok does not mean being very close to the reference boundary) the TO should talk to his GP.

My practice actually doesn't give out results before I've talked to the doctor for some reason. Which in itself is annoying because if everything is ok then I'm taking an appointment away from someone who might need it more urgently. But I know what the healthy range of a couple of regular tests is. I don't need to see the doctor.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry not explaining well.i'm not saying he shouldn't go in regardless (Because he should) But they can often tell you if it is normal or not over the phone, so I'm surprised he doesn't know what his results are (Instead of having to wait days, weeks to know because he has had to wait for an appointment) .
  • halimaiqbal00
    Options
    Sorry not explaining well.i'm not saying he shouldn't go in regardless (Because he should) But they can often tell you if it is normal or not over the phone, so I'm surprised he doesn't know what his results are (Instead of having to wait days, weeks to know because he has had to wait for an appointment) .

My Drs also don't tell you over the phone if something is wrong though you will know it's wrong because they will ask for the patient to come in. Otherwise they'll say results have come back fine, over the phone
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

My Drs also don't tell you over the phone if something is wrong though you will know it's wrong because they will ask for the patient to come in. Otherwise they'll say results have come back fine, over the phone

Same here. I have blood work frequently and they will call and telle to come in if something is off
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

So they want you to come In but didn't give you an appointment??
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The doctor usually call you up and discuss the results with you and make an appointment then and there for you they can do it on their system.. You can also go on the patient emisaccess website and look at appointments available and make your own.