14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    that is a lot of weight to lose in 2 months - definitely see a dr, you probably have some kind of underlying health issue like a thyroid imbalance or something similar.

While you are waiting to see a dr or nurse - try to eat a lot more calories, whatever is going on internally, your body is in need of those extra calories while it tries to cope...try calorie dense foods like cheese and nuts, maybe half and half or cream on your cereal instead of milk, more mayo or peanutbutter on your wraps, add butter or oil on your pasta to push the calories higher...if you aren't feeling hungry and you aren't a snacker then these are way to add calories to what you are already eating.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Rapid, unexplained weight loss can be a sign of multiple serious problems. Or it could just be a matter of you need to increase your caloric intake. Where are your fruits and veggies? Healthy fats? Your diet sounds lacking in nutritional sustenance and that can cause serious problems as well. Please seek out your doctor to screen for the serious problems and if nothing comes up, ask him to refer you to a dietician to help you figure out how to eat appropriately for your body.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »
    Well I rang the Dr's but their full so gotta try again tomorrow

Did you explain to them what your concerns are? I know it may seem intimidating, but this is serious enough to warrant being more assertive about your needs to see the doc. If you weren't very assertive, please call them back and explain your situation and your concerns.
  • RogueDeer5
    RogueDeer5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Did you explain to them what your concerns are? I know it may seem intimidating, but this is serious enough to warrant being more assertive about your needs to see the doc. If you weren't very assertive, please call them back and explain your situation and your concerns.

I just rang up and asked for an appointment and they said ring back tomorrow as we're fully booked today
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I just rang up and asked for an appointment and they said ring back tomorrow as we're fully booked today

When you call them in the morning, if they say they are full, tell them some more details. Let them know that you are worried, as are others that you have talked to (which is true, there are several here who have expressed concerns). Be a bit more assertive. You need some help.

Were you able to eat more today?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    You need to be in the hospital, you could die at any moment.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Were you able to get in there today?
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Not actually sure if it was today or yesterday I rang up if it was yesterday then I forgot to ring today
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Not actually sure if it was today or yesterday I rang up if it was yesterday then I forgot to ring today

It was yesterday. You are dangerously underweight. Please get help quickly. Is it still early enough to call today and ask for an emergency appointment?
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    You need to be in the hospital, you could die at any moment.

I agree that he needs to seek help....but the way u wrote this isn't HELPING
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You 'forgot'?

Seriously?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

You 'forgot'?

Seriously?

if you are forgetting things you need to be seen asap
  • RogueDeer5
    Options

It was yesterday. You are dangerously underweight. Please get help quickly. Is it still early enough to call today and ask for an emergency appointment?

No it's too late now
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I agree that a doctor is a good idea, especially if you're food intake is the same was it when you weighed more.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

No it's too late now

its not too late call tomorrow or find a clinic with late hours maybe?
  • RogueDeer5
    Options

No it's too late now

I live in a small town it's the only Dr's I think but I may be able to call tomorrow not sure if they take call on the weekend
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

No it's too late now

I live in a small town it's the only Dr's I think but I may be able to call tomorrow not sure if they take call on the weekend

if not do they have an urgent care center or something? can you go to a bigger area and see a dr? I dont know how it works over the pond.
  • RogueDeer5
    Options

No it's too late now

if not do they have an urgent care center or something? can you go to a bigger area and see a dr? I dont know how it works over the pond.

There's no urgent care that I know of and don't know if I can go to another Dr's I don't really know how it works either
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

No it's too late now

There's no urgent care that I know of and don't know if I can go to another Dr's I don't really know how it works either

See if there's a larger centre in the next town over. Honestly, this isn't something that should wait. A good friend of mine started having seizures at a very low BMI.