What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Watching someone I love dearly (my dad) suffer and feeling totally helpless.

I really hate that you are going through this very difficult time! Hope you and your family can find some peace.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I reinjured my back yesterday. To say this is a setback is a huge understatement. Now I'm going to lose a couple more weeks trying to get back to it. I feel like I've been punched in the face so much, that I don't have any chin to keep up. I'm on the brink

That sucks homie... What do you think you injured? Do a lot of stretching over the next week. Slow long stretching.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I have 2 new-er plants that don't have names.(yet)

Mac and cheese?

One is a big leafy ivy type plant. 'Ivy' seems generic. :lol:
    Forgot what the other one is. Funky looking thing.
    9kxk5qtl0pp9.jpg

Drew Barrymore for the Ivy because she was in the 1991 movie Poison Ivy.

And Mr. Spock for the other plant.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    I’m leaving on jet plane, going back to work again. Wondering when and where I should go next for another 2 weeks.
    I tried so hard to make this fit into the song.
    I am disappointed how I have handled myself these past 8-9 months. I wish I could turn back time, and re-do it all.

Every day is an opportunity to be better than yesterday love. Keep moving forward
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I went to hot yoga this morning and it was exactly what I needed. I think I sweated out all the beer I had yesterday :D and I'm now ready to start my day with good energy.

*cough cough* pics or it didn’t happen *cough cough*
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    So I work in a place where people die. Part of my job is to keep people clean and safe and comfortable until this happens. I really love the job I have. @toned_thugs_n_harmony knows what I am talking about. But I had my first resident die on Saturday night and it didn’t freak me out or make me sad or feel anything really and I dunno if that’s normal or not. That’s what I am thinking about
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    So I work in a place where people die. Part of my job is to keep people clean and safe and comfortable until this happens. I really love the job I have. @toned_thugs_n_harmony knows what I am talking about. But I had my first resident die on Saturday night and it didn’t freak me out or make me sad or feel anything really and I dunno if that’s normal or not. That’s what I am thinking about

Someone with better knowledge will know than me. But i think 1. Knowing you are there to help them stay comfortable during this difficult time will help knowing its their time to pass. And 2. Some may effect you more than others. What you do is amazing. They are so lucky to have your smiles there.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I just had to sit in the same room with an ex.....from work and then drop off paperwork to her and email her. I want as limited contact as possible with her.

My mistake. A lesson learned.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Someone with better knowledge will know than me. But i think 1. Knowing you are there to help them stay comfortable during this difficult time will help knowing its their time to pass. And 2. Some may effect you more than others. What you do is amazing. They are so lucky to have your smiles there.

all of this, well said lady

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    "Reading 'Don't touch it' in Braille must be terrifying."

:D
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    @caco_ethes look at this gif of @Caporegiem that I've found

7y0w8a2cl24a.gif

I wish getting rid of my computer was that easy....
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    @caco_ethes look at this gif of @Caporegiem that I've found

7y0w8a2cl24a.gif

This made me so happy
  • Caporegiem
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    caco_ethes look at this gif of @Caporegiem that I've found

7y0w8a2cl24a.gif

Would you fix this in the same way that you told me you fix printers?

Of course, it's an unwritten benefit at work.

giphy.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options
    I reinjured my back yesterday. To say this is a setback is a huge understatement. Now I'm going to lose a couple more weeks trying to get back to it. I feel like I've been punched in the face so much, that I don't have any chin to keep up. I'm on the brink

Sorry to hear this TJ. Hope you have a fast recovery.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    @Caporegiem I also found a gif of you using your phone

hy51ntwc8t9a.gif

Such an aggressive swipe
    @Caporegiem I also found a gif of you using your phone

hy51ntwc8t9a.gif

Such an aggressive swipe

Is that not what I'm supposed to do when I get booty pics?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes look at this gif of @Caporegiem that I've found

7y0w8a2cl24a.gif

Would you fix this in the same way that you told me you fix printers?

Of course, it's an unwritten benefit at work.

giphy.gif

Good. Good.

04vhjxfxvh09.gif