What's on your mind?

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    How awesome my instant pot is! I LOVE it! 😍
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    My sister insulted me yesterday on FB, and when I called her on it, she claimed that it was only a joke and that she was the victim of what I said back. I hate passive-aggression and I am tired of her trying to make herself look better at my expense. Sisters cannot get along - my mother's legacy to her daughters.

Passive aggressives often throw loaded jokes, thinking that it softens the blow, to shroud the delivered insult with their joke disclaimers.

She knows not to go there, thinking a more public setting would prevent you from responding. It's the only way to shut them down, no matter who it is, until they reboot.

Hugs Elsie. That is not an easy exchange to have to acknowledge, and share with us all.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,090 Member
    smb717 wrote: »
    Why do jalapenos grow so much later than tomatoes?! It's ruining my salsa game.

Wait until they turn red. So much better.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    A hole in a pipe.

I mean whatever works babe
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    A hole in a pipe.

I mean whatever works babe

I know. And I was thinking, if we move it a little to the left, it would be so much better.

Maybe fill the pipe with something soft
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    How awesome my instant pot is! I LOVE it! 😍

Thank you. I got my son's girlfriend one as a Christmas gift for this year and I'm really hoping she feels the same.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    My 60 minute Sunday night walk
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    bojack5 wrote: »
    It doesnt matter how far you've come or what you've had to overcome.....there will always be someone that sees you now and never saw the fight, the struggle. They may be fighting their fight and be jealous that you are not like them. They will be angry, they will try and minimize you as being lucky. They will find like minded people to commiserate with. You will not fit in. Dont get angry, they are unaware......the truth need not be loud or even spoken. Not being heard doesnt make it any less true. Be at peace with that.

Truth!
  • 777Gemma888
    sarahbums wrote: »
    just finished my application to go back to school next year for my second bachelor's degree, either in Nutrition Science (RD track) or Nursing!

Thought you had already attained a Nursing Degree Sarah. Good for you!
  • 777Gemma888
    My upcoming weeks schedule. Am so happy the weekend is over. Done. Kaput. ...
    Staying the course ... Focussing on my fitness goals and priorities.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Monday morning work plans
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    Pay special attention to people who try to knock you down for your success or confidence. I used to feel bad for people like that, but in the end they're just insecure and toxic which is quite a sad combo. Watch out for their rages too.

I say pay them no attention.

I agree, but when that behavior is their habit, pay attention to that choice they make to be that way to you. It's not cute or romantic. It's mostly obnoxious and creepy.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    81Katz wrote: »
    Pay special attention to people who try to knock you down for your success or confidence. I used to feel bad for people like that, but in the end they're just insecure and toxic which is quite a sad combo. Watch out for their rages too.

Agree. One needs to keep the crazies within your line of sight. It's due diligence. Insecure and toxic people who are rageful can do damage.

It's foolish to disregard or dumb down the security risks they are.