What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    One of the many many things I've learned this year is to not put any stock into about 93% of any online friendships. Almost everyone I've talked to or confided in this year are gone. A majority of the rest don't actually give a *kitten* about you. Then there's a couple that you hope don't go away anytime soon. I'm at that age where people are still people to me and not just some username on the screen. I think the younger you get, the easier it could be to be less considerate in other people's actual feelings. I'm not saying everyone, but just in general.

I've had online friends just disappear and it can be really hard. You get to used to them always being there and because it's online and you sometimes don't have any other way to communicate with them when they sign off of here they practically disappear. It sucks.

For the most part I'd say that when they do that it has nothing to do with you at all - it's just them not realizing that by leaving they're accidentally being inconsiderate of your feelings.

I look at it this way. The more anonymous a relationship is, the less stock i put into it. If i dont know your real name, or just your first, im probably not all that bonded to the friendship. If there is no real trust, then im not vested. If we have more than just internet communication, like at least phone or text, i obviously will be more attentive to the relationship, but still not as much as someone i personally interact with physically. I do not consider anonymous messenger apps as any real form of communication either. And no i dont have kik ;).

I have been on this site for a few years now. I have seen people come and go, reinvent themselves, make transformations with mind as well as body....not always for the good. But the one constant i see, is, very few things here last a long time. Proclamations of all sorts get made, and its amusing to watch them change. Sometimes sad too. I see the wave of popular kids come in as the old guard fades away, and its funny as to who the new cast of characters will be.

I take most topics with absolutely no seriousness, and a lot of the people i just enjoy them for what they are. There are also those i dislike as well, but i still enjoy them for what THEY are. Its. Fun place if you keep it prioritized to your reality.

truth
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    How people preach on a subject but you know damn well they’ve done the same thing they are preaching about.

ie all parents

what like telling you children "we don't lick people" or bite... or scratch? :D:D:D
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    ... Haven't been able to shake it off since I'd happened upon it via a subscription "Food insecurity & tribal solutions - The Navajo Nation, Arizona."
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    you know i think it'd be pretty cool if they made a haunted house but it was just filled with women saying "IM FINE"

With a garage off to the side filled with men saying... I dont need instructions/directions, I know what I'm doing!

?

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THEY ALWAYS PUT EXTRA SCREWS IN THE PACKAGE YOU DONT NEED ALL OF THEM GOD JUST LISTEN"
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    you know i think it'd be pretty cool if they made a haunted house but it was just filled with women saying "IM FINE"

With a garage off to the side filled with men saying... I dont need instructions/directions, I know what I'm doing!

?

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THEY ALWAYS PUT EXTRA SCREWS IN THE PACKAGE YOU DONT NEED ALL OF THEM GOD JUST LISTEN"

So you're raising your voice at me now? It's ok.... IM FINE.
  • iMago
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »

You might be on to something. Maybe some snow for added ambiance.

they could also have a room where they all wear sweaters but the thermostat is set at 81
  • iMago
    Options
    a haunted house where a couple argues passive aggressively shutting drawers a lil too firmly and saying things like “looks like someone ate the rest of the peanut butter and didn’t replace it” until finally the guy goes into the garage and wife goes into the master bedroom and shuts the door and u just hear the faint sound of hgtv droning on in the background and her muffled sobbing

"well looks like we're out of coffee again. guess i'll run to the store and pick some up. you're just gonna stay here and watch netflix again?"
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,198 Member
    Options

and “ I don’t care where we eat, you choose”.
  • iMago
    Options
    a haunted house where a couple argues passive aggressively shutting drawers a lil too firmly and saying things like “looks like someone ate the rest of the peanut butter and didn’t replace it” until finally the guy goes into the garage and wife goes into the master bedroom and shuts the door and u just hear the faint sound of hgtv droning on in the background and her muffled sobbing

"well looks like we're out of coffee again. guess i'll run to the store and pick some up. you're just gonna stay here and watch netflix again?"

“looks like the dishwasher didn’t get run again. i’ll go ahead and do it” *clatter of silverware being thrown in sink*

"oh i guess my clothes didn't get put in the dryer last night"
  • iMago
    Options

hey that one's got an easy solution actually.
    you just gotta hit her with "hey im taking you out to eat tonight- guess where?" and whatever the first place she says, you say "yep you guessed it baby" and you take her to that place.

“I hope not Whataburger again”

*turns radio up*
    *justin timberlake's 'Mirrors' plays"

"ha funny you know he wrote that for his grandparents? they must have really loved each other."
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

hey that one's got an easy solution actually.
    you just gotta hit her with "hey im taking you out to eat tonight- guess where?" and whatever the first place she says, you say "yep you guessed it baby" and you take her to that place.

You sir are my HERO!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I need ssssssss.......

Voldemort???
  • iMago
    Options

I like to pretend that I don't fall into stereotypes but I am 100% guilty of this

this is, somehow, not surprising. not even a little bit. not even at all.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    My favorite “the office” bit is holly and Micheal making the same joke at each other in different ways
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Today it felt lonely walking into an empty house. I don't feel this way often but today, I did.