What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My boss is going to KILL ME!!

I forgot to run the report tool on Friday!

We're required to run it daily.. omg

How many people will die as a result of this malfeasance ??

Just me, but if we had a mishap and we didn't run the tool that catches it in time, we lose the agency money.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Thinking of ways to pester someone tomorrow but all my ideas are inappropriate
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Thinking of ways to pester someone tomorrow but all my ideas are inappropriate

do it anyway...

what's the worst thing that could happen ??
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I’ve been listening to The White Stripes.
    I really like Jack White’s lyrics.
    That’s what’s on my mind.

And there was a time when all I wanted
    Was my ice cream colder and a little cream soda, oh well, oh well
    And a wooden box in an alley full of rocks
    Was all I had to care about, oh well, oh well, oh well

Now my mind is filled with rubber tires, and forest fires
    And whether I'm a liar, and lots of other situations where I don't know what to do
    At which time God screams to me "There's nothing left for me to tell you."
    Nothing left for me to tell you
    Nothing left
    Oh well, oh well, oh well
    Oh well
    Oh well, oh well, oh well
    Oh well
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone wanna be in love so bad?

What’s so great about putting another person before yourself? Considering the needs and desires of another before your own? Being patient, kind, humble? Do people think it’s easy keeping no record of wrongs? What’s so wonderful about always trusting, hoping, protecting, persevering? It seems to me if people want to love they can go ahead and start doing it without waiting for some magical partner.

But I think I’d rather speak in the tongues of men and angels.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

What’s so great about putting another person before yourself? Considering the needs and desires of another before your own? Being patient, kind, humble? Do people think it’s easy keeping no record of wrongs? What’s so wonderful about always trusting, hoping, protecting, persevering? It seems to me if people want to love they can go ahead and start doing it without waiting for some magical partner.

If I’m being honest, I’m a pretty selfish person. I put myself first a lot of the time. And I don’t have any real plans to change. I also spend my life with a very laid back person who knows this about me and accepts me for who I am, so I guess I feel less guilty than I should.

But love is beautiful. I feel like it’s worth all that. Sure it’s hard, but it’s those challenges that make the unit stronger. I get the appeal of spending your life with someone, but you’re right it’s no easy task and it doesn’t have to start with a life partner.

I don’t really know where I’m going with this tbh. Just my uncaffeinated thoughts.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    Options

If I’m being honest, I’m a pretty selfish person. I put myself first a lot of the time. And I don’t have any real plans to change. I also spend my life with a very laid back person who knows this about me and accepts me for who I am, so I guess I feel less guilty than I should.

But love is beautiful. I feel like it’s worth all that. Sure it’s hard, but it’s those challenges that make the unit stronger. I get the appeal of spending your life with someone, but you’re right it’s no easy task and it doesn’t have to start with a life partner.

I don’t really know where I’m going with this tbh. Just my uncaffeinated thoughts.

we’re sharing uncaffeinated thoughts together! 😊
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

Some fools think
    Of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness
    Some fools fool themselves, I guess
    They're not foolin' me
    I know it isn't true I know it isn't true
    Love is just a lie made to make you blue
    Love hurts
    Ooh love hurts
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

I envision love being, two that have themselves figured out (not being perfect beings) just capable of owning their Crap. Idk accountability, honesty and happy being themselves. Then meeting someone, who they genuinely can be their self with and both just meshing their two worlds, as one. Is that a thing? ❤️

• your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Some fools think
    Of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness
    Some fools fool themselves, I guess
    They're not foolin' me
    I know it isn't true I know it isn't true
    Love is just a lie made to make you blue
    Love hurts
    Ooh love hurts

smart, romantic, and pretty too
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

I dunno that everyone *does* wanna be in love so bad. My experience is that love is a very personal thing, so much as in how it's defined as well as how it's expressed. As for the Biblical definition, the world would be a better place but some people would be sacrificing more of themselves than others to make it all uniform.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I envision love being, two that have themselves figured out (not being perfect beings) just capable of owning their Crap. Idk accountability, honesty and happy being themselves. Then meeting someone, who they genuinely can be their self with and both just meshing their two worlds, as one. Is that a thing? ❤️

🤷‍♀️ maybe?

i think love requires a lot of work, forgiveness even in a good match. I think everyone has their limit.

i feel like life is easier, freer, more comfortable without that deep commitment to one person. And I wonder if people really really knew what it meant, would they be so keen.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

I dunno that everyone *does* wanna be in love so bad. My experience is that love is a very personal thing, so much as in how it's defined as well as how it's expressed. As for the Biblical definition, the world would be a better place but some people would be sacrificing more of themselves than others to make it all uniform.

people are romantic fool. Fools, I say!

😁
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

🤷‍♀️ maybe?

i think love requires a lot of work, forgiveness even in a good match. I think everyone has their limit.

i feel like life is easier, freer, more comfortable without that deep commitment to one person. And I wonder if people really really knew what it meant, would they be so keen.

I agree.. also feel like I’ve never been in love and I’m married.. so there’s that

...and you're not alone, sadly
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

🤷‍♀️ maybe?

I agree.. also feel like I’ve never been in love and I’m married.. so there’s that

...and you're not alone, sadly

And sadly, married but alone
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I think love or the idea of love just seems like a better option than loneliness for some - until that partner starts wearing on them and that infatuation feeling leaves then love sucks and they would rather be alone again - it’s a vicious cycle of this human condition yo 🤷‍♂️ we are a bit high maintenance I spose maybe

insightful and hugged
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

🤷‍♀️ maybe?

You're definitely not alone on this.