What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    can you feel comfortable missing the funeral?

i think a death in the family is not unprofessional. i think it's life. though starting your own business can be challenging enough without delays

me, personally, i'd do the funeral and make a brief announcement with the new date for the open house
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I hope that mosquito I wiz'd on in the locker room doesn't survive long enough to bite someone 😂

I read that wrongly ... Thought yout had sprayed it ... In my head, " he takes bug spray to the gym?" Only thereafter, did your wiz'd click. OMG! Glad it didn't bite you. Just sayin'

It may actually have sought revenge later when I went back to change :grimace:
    Work, not gym Btw
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I never trust a person with a very shiny and clean espresso machine.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

What if that person just has major OCD?
  • Chael2dot0
    Options

I am so NOT OCD anymore, though I used to be, it would probably cause me major anxiety.lol.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

I am so NOT OCD anymore, though I used to be, it would probably cause me major anxiety.lol.

lol I am not near as OCD as I use to be. Depends on what I am working on. So I get that. And I only clean my espresso machine about once a week so it's not always shiny and clean.
  • Chael2dot0
    Options

lol I am not near as OCD as I use to be. Depends on what I am working on. So I get that. And I only clean my espresso machine about once a week so it's not always shiny and clean.

But you HAVE an espresso machine, so that kinda works for me.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

But you HAVE an espresso machine, so that kinda works for me.

:D:D:D I couldn't live without it at this point.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I am in the other boat, get the open house rocked out and you can take a trip to sweden and visit the grave when the time is right. I appreciate the sentiment of big todoos when people pass, but what really matters was the time you spent together when you could and what is in your heart.

Just my $.02

This is what my Mum said to do too, and this is what she said my Aunt would want for me to do as well. I just can’t shake the feeling i’m being selfish. The answer will come, I sure hope it is the right one! Thank you to you and everyone else who offered their help :)

Seriously just go to the funeral.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    My great Aunt passed away and so I need to fly to Sweden to attend her funeral next week. But I’m also opening up my practice next week, and so I’m uncertain which is worse. Pushing off my open house in which people have already rsvp’d. Or missing my Aunts funerals in which I won’t be able to say my final goodbye, I won’t be able to visit my family I rarely get to see, my family will be disappointed in me, and I’ve not been to Sweden in a few years so even though I’m going for a sad reason it would still be nice. But then on the flip side, opening my own practice has been my goal, I’ve put so much work into this and I feel it would look incredibly unprofessional to move the date. Life why must you have no easy answers!?

Decisions. You're going to make the right ones. Hugs.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    I hope that mosquito I wiz'd on in the locker room doesn't survive long enough to bite someone 😂

I read that wrongly ... Thought yout had sprayed it ... In my head, " he takes bug spray to the gym?" Only thereafter, did your wiz'd click. OMG! Glad it didn't bite you. Just sayin'

It may actually have sought revenge later when I went back to change :grimace:
    Work, not gym Btw

Ohhh ...on a safe spot I hope, and NOT your baby-maker?!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

When I was a caffeine hound, my machine was wiped down after EVERY use. Splashes and scuffs disturb me. At the end of the day, a clean out is run before I wipe it down, ready for the next day. Wall units are the absolute best machines.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I feel like I got jipped out of fall this year.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I feel like I got jipped out of fall this year.

Even here in CA desert country, we had wonderful Fall temps during the day for about a minute. It's been Summery every day since. Am guessing it's snowing where you are?
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    so I just discovered that my computer folds back to become a tablet but when i fold it back and need to type a keyboard doesn't come up what.

You’re back!!! I’ve missed you
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I'd like to *kitten* throat punch some people at work.
    The unqualified ones cause the qualified ones more work and it's so *kitten* unfair.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'd like to *kitten* throat punch some people at work.
    The unqualified ones cause the qualified ones more work and it's so *kitten* unfair.

they file things in nonalphabetical order
    because that's where they put it, or because it made sense to them. nevermind everyone else
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I’m sitting here playing on mfp because I haven’t had time to. What I really need to do is get up off my ample *kitten* & get packing. I’m moving next week & ain’t none of this going to pack itself.