Shame.

5vjofcryw9nv.gif
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    what's on my mind:
    a best friend of a good friend needs a place to stay for a few weeks. i've room. but part of me is nervous. what if the timeline is over and they don't leave-though i'll make them sign something say they will. they have a place to live but is waiting for the current tenant to leave.
    what if they are dirty? or loud? or a turd
    i've been on my own for 2 years but i know my friend will do anything for me and has. so now i feel selfish
    i know he wouldn't put me in a bad situation as he has had to white knight for me in the past.
    i've never lived with anyone other than in the dorms and even then my roomies weren't often their room and neither was i.

Think of the worst possible scenario, you cannot pre-determine happening to you, and when and if it does happen with your temporary guest ... Can you handle it? Exit strategies?

i can handle most things. i've lived in some tough situations. that's why i'm hestitant :smile:

exit strategy: call good friend-come get the turd. if that doesn't work. call good friend's wife-come get your husband's turd

:laugh: The tentative guest has it coming, if turdishness is a handicap. Your turd reference was completely unexpected.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2018
    Options
    EsteeVibes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    First day on community and feeling confused 🙃😩😊

Welcome!

iedwgjhm055b.gif

Forewarned...take most stuff here lightheartedly...lots of fun 'play'

Serious questions/posts are also usually respected

...jump in and be you!
    Thank you 😊

Adding my welcome to the board @EsteeVibes !!
  • EsteeVibes
    EsteeVibes Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    First day on community and feeling confused 🙃😩😊

Welcome!

iedwgjhm055b.gif

Forewarned...take most stuff here lightheartedly...lots of fun 'play'

Serious questions/posts are also usually respected

...jump in and be you!
    Thank you 😊

Adding my welcome to the board!!

Aww so sweet! Thank you.

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    What the duck
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    This reminds of when I was in the 7th grade...

Some kid in the class use to always give me a hard time. Once he said something about my mom and you just don't do that to the son of a single mother...

I grab him by his shirt and told him it was going to go down if he ever did that again...

So he got his little gang together and plotted to jump me in between periods. I walk passed them all and at the end of the day, none of them wanted to help him because they really didn't like this kid anymore than I did..

I heard the ring leader say to him, that they wouldn't help him if he was too scared to fight me on his own.

Before that kid turned 20 he was shot in the head outside of a grocery store near where I lived by a rival gang... Crazy story

This resonates with me. My Dad was in and out, so the lion's share of being the primary parent was on my mum & her earnings whilst we were all in Elementary level. To this day, I could still hurt anyone who crosses her, even with loosely veiled insults or threats. I will not and have never permitted those to slide.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    This reminds of when I was in the 7th grade...

Some kid in the class use to always give me a hard time. Once he said something about my mom and you just don't do that to the son of a single mother...

I grab him by his shirt and told him it was going to go down if he ever did that again...

So he got his little gang together and plotted to jump me in between periods. I walk passed them all and at the end of the day, none of them wanted to help him because they really didn't like this kid anymore than I did..

I heard the ring leader say to him, that they wouldn't help him if he was too scared to fight me on his own.

Before that kid turned 20 he was shot in the head outside of a grocery store near where I lived by a rival gang... Crazy story

This resonates with me. My Dad was in and out, so the lion's share of being the primary parent was on my mum & her earnings whilst we were all in Elementary level. To this day, I could still hurt anyone who crosses her, even with loosely veiled insults or threats. I will not and have never permitted those to slide.

I whole heartedly understand... When you see someone like that struggle for you. It'll change the way you view life
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Why do I keep waking up at 3 am most days??? Its killing me!!! By 8 pm I'm just ready to crash with exhaustion.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Why do I keep waking up at 3 am most days??? Its killing me!!! By 8 pm I'm just ready to crash with exhaustion.

And now you are stuck in that cycle?

Snacks cycles back the other way... Because he's left handed 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

And now you are stuck in that cycle?

Snacks cycles back the other way... Because he's left handed 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Counterclockwise

It's like you walked out of a mirrored dimension lol