Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    The meaning of 'she's a sad tomato.'
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I ate close to 4,000 calories yesterday and right now I weigh a pound and a half more than I did last week. I"m so mad at myself, it takes so long to lose and so short to gain!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?

It’s not you.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?

It really is
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I think I might just have to accept being fat forever. :neutral:
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I am sorry. That sucks :(
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

you dont look 200 *at all* in your pics

for me the only time i lose weight is when i’m exercising like for real, i know people say u can lose when u eat less but if i dont exercise too its like my body just wont do it <3

Same. I actually had to up my calories 1500...and excercise atleast an hour a day high intensity...and wait about 12 weeks...to see any changes...stick with it and eventually it will come off...
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

for me the only time i lose weight is when i’m exercising like for real, i know people say u can lose when u eat less but if i dont exercise too its like my body just wont do it <3

Yeah, I might have to accept that as harsh reality, even though science says that exercise really does very little in the long term for weight loss.

Me thinks science might be wrong or not have the whole picture.. yet again.

Same. I actually had to up my calories 1500...and excercise atleast an hour a day high intensity...and wait about 12 weeks...to see any changes...stick with it and eventually it will come off...

I've been all over the board since 2012. From about 1800, down to 1200. Nothing really seems to matter. I stick to 1550 currently just to be on the safe side and because well.. I got older, lol.

Good things are that I broke my dependence on Mt. Dew and Diet Mt. Dew, I no longer crave cakes/cookies/sweets like I once did and I gravitate toward better choices (most of the time). So there's some good to come out of it, yeah?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

I’m sorry if this is too personal but do you have any type of hormonal imbalance?

• cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options

I’m sorry if this is too personal but do you have any type of hormonal imbalance?

I'm really relating to this. And it's beyond frustrating.

When I first started, I managed to lose 38 pounds. Slowly it's come back, even when I still do what I did then to lose it.
    I did a 90 day UFC fit challenge this summer and only lost 2 lbs, which I've gained back plus more.
    I think I might ask the doctor about checking my hormones, too. Good thinking.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

If I do I am unaware of it as of my last check up (which was about a year ago, I guess). So far that I know it and my thyroid are chill. I guess I can always go get it checked out again.
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    Options

When I first started, I managed to lose 38 pounds. Slowly it's come back, even when I still do what I did then to lose it.
    I did a 90 day UFC fit challenge this summer and only lost 2 lbs, which I've gained back plus more.

I agree with a possible medical problem or some medication can cause weight issues.
    I have both problems , I’ve tried just about every kind of diet going and just healthy eating counting calories, I watched them work for others, but using keto diet is the only one that helped me to lose have and lots more energy even though I have more than half a dozen medical things and medication that make you gain weight 😉
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I agree with a possible medical problem or some medication can cause weight issues.
    I have both problems , I’ve tried just about every kind of diet going and just healthy eating counting calories, I watched them work for others, but using keto diet is the only one that helped me to lose have and lots more energy even though I have more than half a dozen medical things and medication that make you gain weight 😉

I might have to seriously consider keto or some similar diet. I try to limit carbohydrates most days just because I don't feel full eating them. Protein/fat definitely powers my days better.

But, I wonder if I struggle so much because I have been overweight my entire life. I have never been below I wanna say 160 since I was a teenager. Set point and all that crap. Biology is weird and it sucks. :(
  • Bravissimocurves
    Options

I might have to seriously consider keto or some similar diet. I try to limit carbohydrates most days just because I don't feel full eating them. Protein/fat definitely powers my days better.

But, I wonder if I struggle so much because I have been overweight my entire life. I have never been below I wanna say 160 since I was a teenager. Set point and all that crap. Biology is weird and it sucks. :(

For me keto was a last resort I couldn’t get my head around how eating all that fat could be healthy or work, I was afraid of putting more weight on instead of losing BUT.. it really works and you can set your macros on here to 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat, just read up on diet Doctor.com , they have a 2 week challenge which is free they even give you a shopping list and plan for each week 😉👍
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

I know keto isn't for everyone but my husband was very overweight and has lost 114lbs on keto. Our doctor approved the diet and he's no longer diabetic and all of his bloodwork is in normal ranges. He's surpassed his plateau and is down to his lowest weight since high school. I think there's a misconception about the diet, there are healthier ways to eat on it than just butter, cheese, and meat. It's worth researching to see if it's right for you.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

For me keto was a last resort I couldn’t get my head around how eating all that fat could be healthy or work, I was afraid of putting more weight on instead of losing BUT.. it really works and you can set your macros on here to 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat, just read up on diet Doctor.com , they have a 2 week challenge which is free they even give you a shopping list and plan for each week 😉👍

I'll just live on a diet of avocados and eggs and be set. :laugh:
  • Bravissimocurves
    Options

I'll just live on a diet of avocados and eggs and be set. :laugh:

Haha 🤣 you can simple as that you know, just a handful of green veg or salad with a 150g portion of meat or fish , eggs ,avocado add more full fat butter cheeses and cream and your good to go 😜