What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about trying to get birds of prey in my yard

@nooshi713 may be of some assistance.

Can I just say I love the new profile pic? That blue shirt and your red hair look great together!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Is happiness a choice?
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

bbo0189aefld.gif

I had one nest at my old place in the woods. Was a falcon. Named him Xerxes. Never brought me dinner though.

I'd settle for an owl or two

Owls are cool too! The snowy owls are really pretty
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Can I just say I love the new profile pic? That blue shirt and your red hair look great together!

Thank you, kind sir :)

You're welcome! :)
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    Is happiness a choice?

Good question. Personally I think it’s a complicated answer because it involves different variables and perspectives. After all, can you be held accountable for not knowing any better?

Yeah, I know it's totally subjective but the mind is a powerful thing and perspective is everything. Even in the face of a dark wall of negativity and you just override it and say "frak it", turn around and see the light?

It is a choice, how we can react to everything?
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Is happiness a choice?

I believe it largely is. The old saying life is 10% what life deals you and 90% how you handle it would go a long way in explaining happiness. I dont think one needs to always be happy to experience happiness, but the less you deal in dread the more happy you will be i believe.

Right on.
  • amorfati601070
    Options

check out this Cooper’s hawk i saw on my neighbors fence the other day

eta i would love to be a falconer they are so awesome :love:

qrt364gnck7d.jpeg
    th25hods1hse.jpeg

At my parents house out in the country we get Wedge Tailed Eagles... they're scary because they might eat our pug. Birds of Prey are still majestic animals tho. I wish I could morph into a Peregrine Falcon and fly.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

You must have prey species that they feed on or a tree that they want to nest in, preferably a large older tree with a hole in it. You can put up an owl box. Leave grass piles or food to attract mice, etc.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

One of the methods is to use other birds as bait so she really could be helpful

Never!!!!!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I have said some sincerely kind and sympathetic things to a few people here over the years. Directly. Not vaguely.

I now regret having extended myself like that for reasons which are evident in the comments that appear in some of these these discussions.

While I have not and will not delight in anyone's misfortunes or emotional difficulties, I also will not involve myself in attempting to assuage such misfortunes or difficulties. Not even with a kind comment, without being more cautious in observing the characteristics of who I am addressing.

Too bad it has to be that way. But fool me once, shame on you. Fool my twice, shame on me.

Disclaimer: this does not apply to everyone I have extended myself to in a caring way. Just a few folks. The rest of you I will continue to interact with, play with and care about as before.

Sorry, I just wanted to say that.

Just because you don’t agree over something shouldn’t change your entire view of that person. Perhaps that person only spoke vaguely to prove a point. Personally I can share the same views and values of someone but completely disagree with their approach.

Oh? Since you're quoting me Prima, what exactly do you mean by this and to who do you think I was referring?