What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I have to give a presentation today and I don't wanna. It's not only my biggest fear, it's very boring material to the general population.
    I believe in you! You’ve got this sista
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have to give a presentation today and I don't wanna. It's not only my biggest fear, it's very boring material to the general population.

Add some excitement by shooting fireworks into the crowd!
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    Just submitted an application for something I've been on the fence about for months, and it's late, so my chances of getting accepted are low imo...but it's like getting on a roller coaster, maybe? I don't feel ready but it's done now, so no turning back if I *do* get in
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Just submitted an application for something I've been on the fence about for months, and it's late, so my chances of getting accepted are low imo...but it's like getting on a roller coaster, maybe? I don't feel ready but it's done now, so no turning back if I *do* get in

hey i’m gonna apply for an art show and it’s been years since i ever applied for anything but i totally get that kinda fatalistic feeling 100%

Nice, do it so we can feel this combination of excitement/dread together! I've talked myself out of this thing about six times before doing it before I could talk myself out of it a seventh.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Add some excitement by shooting fireworks into the crowd!

Or air in the side of caution and just shoot t shirts at them with one of those tee shirt shot gun things they use as basketball games - you wanna keep it safe
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you catch a friend in a lie it’s a blessing in disguise.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Miss 100% of the shots you don’t take my friend - if you don’t get accepted 🤷‍♂️ if you do . See what happens. If you fail miserably .. so what at least you tried and you won’t have the what might have been regret type feeling and what not - glass half full dude
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    There was a guy who kept on inviting me to his place every week and I started quietly getting irritated by it, he was kind of jaded and faltering, and he basically said that he's messed up. I didn't talk to him in 5 months now and while I'd like to continue avoiding him, I'm worried he might be quietly suicidal or something and I'm thinking that maybe I should send an email. I'm just worried it will trigger him to continue inviting me to his place again.

I decided that I'll contact him again

How'd that go?
    he seemed the same as usual, not getting worse or anything
    Seems good
    what's on my mind - there's such a huge array of different people out there, in physical appearance, personality etc.

And ALL of them are the star of their own life! This is CONSTANTLY on my mind. Like you’re there with your thoughts and stresses and successes and whatever and you’re in the freeway with 1000 other people who also have their own thoughts and stresses and successes and i always just wish I could get a look at their life and cheer them on.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    A woman just walked into my work, carrying her pants...said she didn't have enough time to put them on!

Btw, she was 1/2 hour early...and knew it...I don't quite know what to think
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    A woman just walked into my work, carrying her pants...said she didn't have enough time to put them on!

Btw, she was 1/2 hour early...and knew it...I don't quite know what to think

How’s that tush thiugh?
  • Reckoner68
    Options

It went over like a lead balloon. I'll be sobbing in my car if anyone needs me.

It'll be alright. At least it's over? I hate giving presentations too, bleh
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

It went over like a lead balloon. I'll be sobbing in my car if anyone needs me.

I’ll bring some coffee