What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I try to keep things light and fun around here in an effort to escape the sometimes stressful moments of my job. I'm about to get deep, because I think this message of appreciation is important. A year ago I spent 8 days at my dying Father's bedside. The nights were long and sleepless, but I refused to let him die alone. This place was my escape. I would come here and read posts, write to friends, and smile a lot at a time when smiling was extremely difficult. I want to take this opportunity to thank a few of you who are still here. Your humor, friendship and words of wisdom I hold dear. Thank you for holding my hand, for giving, and for being a light in my darkest hours. ❤ @George_of_the_Jungle @kinetixtrainer2 @kwph @CaptainFantastic01 @UrBaconMeCr8zy @caco_ethes (even though we've never spoken a word, you always make me smile.) The rest are no longer here. 🙁

This was nice. I mis being part of something like I used to be on here. At least it felt that I was and that was good enough for me. Online friends can be valuable friends and having a place to go to laugh and feel connected is important.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I try to keep things light and fun around here in an effort to escape the sometimes stressful moments of my job. I'm about to get deep, because I think this message of appreciation is important. A year ago I spent 8 days at my dying Father's bedside. The nights were long and sleepless, but I refused to let him die alone. This place was my escape. I would come here and read posts, write to friends, and smile a lot at a time when smiling was extremely difficult. I want to take this opportunity to thank a few of you who are still here. Your humor, friendship and words of wisdom I hold dear. Thank you for holding my hand, for giving, and for being a light in my darkest hours. ❤ @George_of_the_Jungle @kinetixtrainer2 @kwph @CaptainFantastic01 @UrBaconMeCr8zy @caco_ethes (even though we've never spoken a word, you always make me smile.) The rest are no longer here. 🙁

Lots of love for you! I’ll make sure this gets to bacon too
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I try to keep things light and fun around here in an effort to escape the sometimes stressful moments of my job. I'm about to get deep, because I think this message of appreciation is important. A year ago I spent 8 days at my dying Father's bedside. The nights were long and sleepless, but I refused to let him die alone. This place was my escape. I would come here and read posts, write to friends, and smile a lot at a time when smiling was extremely difficult. I want to take this opportunity to thank a few of you who are still here. Your humor, friendship and words of wisdom I hold dear. Thank you for holding my hand, for giving, and for being a light in my darkest hours. ❤ George_of_the_Jungle kinetixtrainer2 kwph CaptainFantastic01 UrBaconMeCr8zy @caco_ethes (even though we've never spoken a word, you always make me smile.) The rest are no longer here. 🙁

And this is why I don’t belong on your list. But thank you. People like you are a good reminder to me that everything we do will impact another person in one way or another and I can’t keep indulging in the false notion that the internet is a vacuum. It has not escaped me that i tend to gloss over the more serious posts, which is terrible because i do think about those people/posts a lot. A good example is @Miss_Chievous_ posts lately regarding her health. Pretty sure I haven’t responded to even one of them even though i think of her often. I’m always so afraid of saying the wrong thing 😣. So I’m glad you included me in your list despite my being a generally distant and difficult-to-get-to-know person.

Side note: Why is it that when we don’t really know what to say, we end up using way more words than if we DID know what to say? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well said. I'm rarely serious here and avoid a lot of the serious discussions. I try to keep in mind that you never know what people are going through, so be kind. I'm not great at it, work in progress.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I try to keep things light and fun around here in an effort to escape the sometimes stressful moments of my job. I'm about to get deep, because I think this message of appreciation is important. A year ago I spent 8 days at my dying Father's bedside. The nights were long and sleepless, but I refused to let him die alone. This place was my escape. I would come here and read posts, write to friends, and smile a lot at a time when smiling was extremely difficult. I want to take this opportunity to thank a few of you who are still here. Your humor, friendship and words of wisdom I hold dear. Thank you for holding my hand, for giving, and for being a light in my darkest hours. ❤ George_of_the_Jungle kinetixtrainer2 kwph CaptainFantastic01 UrBaconMeCr8zy @caco_ethes (even though we've never spoken a word, you always make me smile.) The rest are no longer here. 🙁

And this is why I don’t belong on your list. But thank you. People like you are a good reminder to me that everything we do will impact another person in one way or another and I can’t keep indulging in the false notion that the internet is a vacuum. It has not escaped me that i tend to gloss over the more serious posts, which is terrible because i do think about those people/posts a lot. A good example is @Miss_Chievous_ posts lately regarding her health. Pretty sure I haven’t responded to even one of them even though i think of her often. I’m always so afraid of saying the wrong thing 😣. So I’m glad you included me in your list despite my being a generally distant and difficult-to-get-to-know person.

Side note: Why is it that when we don’t really know what to say, we end up using way more words than if we DID know what to say? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well said. I'm rarely serious here and avoid a lot of the serious discussions. I try to keep in mind that you never know what people are going through, so be kind. I'm not great at it, work in progress.

❤️
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wondering how @Miss_Chievous_'s whoopee cushion affair went off yesterday.

It was ruined by me laughing before they even got to sit on them 🤦‍♀️😂
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

I’ve done this telling a joke before - I start laughing mid joke and can’t get to the punch line lol
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

I’ve done this telling a joke before - I start laughing mid joke and can’t get to the punch line lol

I do that too 😂 I suck at things like that or hiding things... I've ruined Christmas a few times by telling my kids their gifts before Christmas because I was just too excited 😐😂
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    🤔 what trouble i can do this weekend.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I find it so irritating when I get a nice fr, I add the person and it becomes obvious fairly quickly that he only wants to “chat”.

Also, I’ve noticed it’s generally always guys of a certain age group
    (much younger than me) and they are so persistent.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I find it so irritating when I get a nice fr, I add the person and it becomes obvious fairly quickly that he only wants to “chat”.

Also, I’ve noticed it’s generally always guys of a certain age group
    (much younger than me) and they are so persistent.

I AM pretty persistent 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • IwillLOSE40kg
    IwillLOSE40kg Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thinking pizza wasnt a good idea lol
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Thinking pizza wasnt a good idea lol

Nah - pizza is ALWAYS a good idea
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member