What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm French and this is so funny to me because it's so true 😅 cent quatre vingt cinq =185 😂
    https://youtu.be/9rmBqIFeHN8
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I'm French and this is so funny to me because it's so true 😅 cent quatre vingt cinq =185 😂
    https://youtu.be/9rmBqIFeHN8
    funny but his NY accent is sort of off
  • TheChristianSimone
    Options
    I love learning even when I feel like blah picking up a new skill always seems to breathe life into me.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Why can’t I cry anymore. Remember how relieving it used feel to have a good cry.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Trying so hard not to dwell on family problems but it is difficult.

Tomorrow will be a day of meditation.

• _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Hope everything gets better.

Meditation helps me alot too. I've been trying to take some time every day for it. It's good for the soul.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've tried to meditate and I am not good at it. I find myself making grocery list in my head or planning the weekend trip to the cabin or wondering what I would look like with bangs. I haven't been able to get my head to a clear space with or without facilitated meditation.

BUT I am a giant fan of intentional breathing exercises. They help a lot with stress management.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I try to look beyond the surface, to extend grace for human errors, to invest time and effort, emotion and energy. For two or maybe three years now this has been what I’ve tried to do. because I want to be given the same kindness. I *kitten* up a lot. Say stupid things. Become self-absorbed. But I’ve tried to learn to be open, that people can care for each other even though we’re all a bunch of dumbasses.

But now IRL and online it doesn’t feel like it’s yielded much good fruit. And even though I try not to keep a record of wrongs, I have a list of four or five examples in that time of people either taking unfair advantage of my good faith or being suspicious and cruel about my motives. (And yes, one time in which I was a suspicious *kitten* about someone else’s motives and *kitten* it up.) What I’d hoped were budding friendships. I’m not even talking about sex or romance which I guess is supposed to be even more complicated.

I don’t know why I’m sharing all this, continuing to be vulnerable. Probably just a habit at this point.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @your_future_ex_wife I think looking inward and assessing what works for us and why and what isn't working for us and why is really important. It's hard work and the gains are not consistent but in the long run its work that makes us more comfortable with who we are and what is driving us to do the things we do.

Good on you for doing that work. It's not comfortable.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Honestly, I've tried to meditate and I am not good at it. I find myself making grocery list in my head or planning the weekend trip to the cabin or wondering what I would look like with bangs. I haven't been able to get my head to a clear space with or without facilitated meditation.

BUT I am a giant fan of intentional breathing exercises. They help a lot with stress management.

Have you tried the Headspace app? It’s amazing. It teaches you not to repress thoughts during meditation but to simply observe them. Plus the guy’s voice is 🙌🏻
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I try to look beyond the surface, to extend grace for human errors, to invest time and effort, emotion and energy. For two or maybe three years now this has been what I’ve tried to do. because I want to be given the same kindness. I *kitten* up a lot. Say stupid things. Become self-absorbed. But I’ve tried to learn to be open, that people can care for each other even though we’re all a bunch of dumbasses.

But now IRL and online it doesn’t feel like it’s yielded much good fruit. And even though I try not to keep a record of wrongs, I have a list of four or five examples in that time of people either taking unfair advantage of my good faith or being suspicious and cruel about my motives. (And yes, one time in which I was a suspicious *kitten* about someone else’s motives and *kitten* it up.) What I’d hoped were budding friendships. I’m not even talking about sex or romance which I guess is supposed to be even more complicated.

I don’t know why I’m sharing all this, continuing to be vulnerable. Probably just a habit at this point.

Hugged this because you’re a complicated beautiful soul
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    My ex showed up at my house last night. Luckily my dad was up watching the LSU football game. Told him to to leave, that I wasn’t interested in seeing him. My ex then proceeded to call my phone and leave voicemails. (He’s blocked so his voicemails went to my blocked voicemail box.)
    He “just wanted to talk”. 🤣 #nope
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Hope everything gets better.

Meditation helps me alot too. I've been trying to take some time every day for it. It's good for the soul.

Thank you 🤗❤️🥰
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I need to ignore Samsung health calorie count and just follow mfp. It's confusing me
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »

Have you tried the Headspace app? It’s amazing. It teaches you not to repress thoughts during meditation but to simply observe them. Plus the guy’s voice is 🙌🏻
    My anxiety is taking over today and the scenarios going through my mind is scaring the hell out of me. Can't wait for my daughter to get home and take my mind off of everything, she's been away for 2 days and it's been the longest 2 days ever.

my favorite calm down method is to imagine i’m walking in the woods on a pathway through trees and there are dead leaves covering the path and my breath is so strong that every time i breathe out the leaves are blown off the pathway in front of me and i can see where i’m going
    then breathe in again, and out to clear the path ahead of me just over and over while moving forward

idk if that makes sense but sometimes it helps me anyways

My image is of a beach.. I'm walking on the sand, a line of palm trees on my left the sun low on the horizon over the still ocean on my right. I watch my feet as the very edge of the water coming in touches them.. it's my calming place. I imagine the warmth, smell and feel as if I were there.