What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I like to type everything that is bothering me down to its microscopic detail. Then I would ready myself to meditate in the back yard firepit ...set it alight. Visualize it all turning to ashes before me as I watch and breathe. Then we would go for a run or swim depending on the energy expenditures and pain rooting. Yoga and meditative breathing above the duck, swan pond to magnetize only good and positive vibrations to fill the vacuum of whatever I had allowed to turn to ash and float away from my life. I don't entertain negative spaces or thoughts longer than I absolutely have to.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Honestly, I've tried to meditate and I am not good at it. I find myself making grocery list in my head or planning the weekend trip to the cabin or wondering what I would look like with bangs. I haven't been able to get my head to a clear space with or without facilitated meditation.

BUT I am a giant fan of intentional breathing exercises. They help a lot with stress management.

Have you tried the Headspace app? It’s amazing. It teaches you not to repress thoughts during meditation but to simply observe them. Plus the guy’s voice is 🙌🏻
    My anxiety is taking over today and the scenarios going through my mind is scaring the hell out of me. Can't wait for my daughter to get home and take my mind off of everything, she's been away for 2 days and it's been the longest 2 days ever.

my favorite calm down method is to imagine i’m walking in the woods on a pathway through trees and there are dead leaves covering the path and my breath is so strong that every time i breathe out the leaves are blown off the pathway in front of me and i can see where i’m going
    then breathe in again, and out to clear the path ahead of me just over and over while moving forward

idk if that makes sense but sometimes it helps me anyways

My image is of a beach.. I'm walking on the sand, a line of palm trees on my left the sun low on the horizon over the still ocean on my right. I watch my feet as the very edge of the water coming in touches them.. it's my calming place. I imagine the warmth, smell and feel as if I were there.

i imagine i’m in a casket 😐
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've tried to meditate and I am not good at it. I find myself making grocery list in my head or planning the weekend trip to the cabin or wondering what I would look like with bangs. I haven't been able to get my head to a clear space with or without facilitated meditation.

BUT I am a giant fan of intentional breathing exercises. They help a lot with stress management.

Have you tried the Headspace app? It’s amazing. It teaches you not to repress thoughts during meditation but to simply observe them. Plus the guy’s voice is 🙌🏻
    My anxiety is taking over today and the scenarios going through my mind is scaring the hell out of me. Can't wait for my daughter to get home and take my mind off of everything, she's been away for 2 days and it's been the longest 2 days ever.

my favorite calm down method is to imagine i’m walking in the woods on a pathway through trees and there are dead leaves covering the path and my breath is so strong that every time i breathe out the leaves are blown off the pathway in front of me and i can see where i’m going
    then breathe in again, and out to clear the path ahead of me just over and over while moving forward

My image is of a beach.. I'm walking on the sand, a line of palm trees on my left the sun low on the horizon over the still ocean on my right. I watch my feet as the very edge of the water coming in touches them.. it's my calming place. I imagine the warmth, smell and feel as if I were there.

Does that help?

I have 3 images I go to depending on how I'm feeling.. the one I described above for calming or ( lots of negative thoughts in my head) I imagine myself behind a brick wall with a little window if the negative thoughts that my inner self is saying are really getting to me.. I slide a metal shutter over the window so I can't hear the inner me. It's a visualisation that works really well for me.
    Also if I feel a lot of negativity around me, I imagine dark storm clouds over my house then I picture a breeze coming up and blowing the clouds back till it's only clear, sunny sky.
    These techniques have been with me 20 years and I'm glad I met the lady who introduced me to it.. it's helped me immensely.

• your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Does that help?

I have 3 images I go to depending on how I'm feeling.. the one I described above for calming or ( lots of negative thoughts in my head) I imagine myself behind a brick wall with a little window if the negative thoughts that my inner self is saying are really getting to me.. I slide a metal shutter over the window so I can't hear the inner me. It's a visualisation that works really well for me.
    Also if I feel a lot of negativity around me, I imagine dark storm clouds over my house then I picture a breeze coming up and blowing the clouds back till it's only clear, sunny sky.
    These techniques have been with me 20 years and I'm glad I met the lady who introduced me to it.. it's helped me immensely.
    it helps when i’m feeling overexposed. and it helps me sleep ❤️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Does that help?

it helps when i’m feeling overexposed. and it helps me sleep ❤️

Glad it helps 🙂 ❤
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Debating..... red or green chiles

Life is Hard
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Life is Hard

Green
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Life is Hard

Green

I was leaning red.... but yeah, it probably will be green.

I'm trying to limit red meat in my diet, and grilled chicken pairs well with green; so, yeah... green.

** edit to add: Life is still Hard.

• _Miss_Chievous
    Options

Life is Hard

Green

I was leaning red.... but yeah, it probably will be green.

I'm trying to limit red meat in my diet, and grilled chicken pairs well with green; so, yeah... green.

** edit to add: Life is still Hard.

My invite must have gotten lost in the mail 😋😝
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    TOUCHDOWN!!

tenor.gif
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people are coming over tonight and I already can’t wait for them to leave 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people are coming over tonight and I already can’t wait for them to leave 🤦🏼‍♀️

😂 I feel like that everytime I host something. Or if I go somewhere, I cant wait to go home
    9uc5e4zb786x.jpg

What’s wrong with us? Or why is everyone else so wrong and we’re the only right ones?
  • _Miss_Chievous
    Options

😂 I feel like that everytime I host something. Or if I go somewhere, I cant wait to go home
    9uc5e4zb786x.jpg

What’s wrong with us? Or why is everyone else so wrong and we’re the only right ones?

I don't know but...
    v1xyhylwynel.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @your_future_ex_wife
    Check it out Ex-y!!
    I feel like a proud parent! 18 shamrocks, 2 flowers and 4 more flower sproutlets coming up!
    The leaves and flowers close up at night, it has character! Really enjoying this plant...oh, and the weed I was duped into buying has grown on me, it's cute too. It closes up a bit at night too.
    wwogyhbi566i.jpg
    8p81nd2fc633.jpg
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds bad, but the stress I have right now makes me want to just eat a crap ton of chocolate. Help.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @your_future_ex_wife
    Check it out Ex-y!!
    I feel like a proud parent! 18 shamrocks, 2 flowers and 4 more flower sproutlets coming up!
    The leaves and flowers close up at night, it has character! Really enjoying this plant...oh, and the weed I was duped into buying has grown on me, it's cute too. It closes up a bit at night too.
    wwogyhbi566i.jpg
    8p81nd2fc633.jpg

idk y this made me tear up. i guess cuz you remembered me. and because you waited so patiently for this. they are so pretty. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds bad, but the stress I have right now makes me want to just eat a crap ton of chocolate. Help.

I'm sorry to hear you're stressed. I'd love to help you. Please send any and all chocolate to me! :)