What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I'm really really over the summer heat 😩

I'm 100% boycotting summer. It's time for fall weather.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

kamobud0i4rh.gif
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I was asked at work if I would be interested in filling in for a manager for the next 6 months. I'm on the bottom of a short list, we'll see what happens.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Wegman’s came through!9y0ljmvqie5o.jpeg

aaaaaand it’s not diet
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I tried to get help today with some repairs at home and the guy was really snarky and kinda rude on the phone. What he said has stuck in my brain all day. It made me a bit upset. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my appointment with him. Should I?
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Why do some people treat everything as a joke? Is it just some deep rooted insecurity on their part?

It’s a coping mechanism- be it insecurity- their own depression or anxiety- I take nothing seriously myself and try to make light of most things - 🤷‍♂️

For example, a group of people having a serious or even delicate conversation about something and this person will put themselves center stage with some snarky and inappropriate comment.

Does that fall under making light of something?

There's a million different reasons that this could be happening and honestly I am too tired to list them off. I don't know who you are referring to, but Chit Chat is full of sarcasm and silliness. It is what most people come here for. Very few expect serious conversations in this area. Half of the "serious" stuff that goes on here is BS and attention seeking stuff anyway.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Wegman’s came through!9y0ljmvqie5o.jpeg

aaaaaand it’s not diet

This is adorable because you were clearly just so stoked to see it that you didn't notice

it’s because they tricked me 😠
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    helow88 wrote: »
    I tried to get help today with getting some things repaired at home and the guy was really snarky and kinda rude. What he said has stuck on my brain all day. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my appointment with him. Should I?
    Can you get someone else to do the repairs.? There's no excuse for rudeness, he doesn't deserve your business.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Why do some people treat everything as a joke? Is it just some deep rooted insecurity on their part?

As someone who does this a lot, i often wonder if it’s because I’ve never known any real tragedy in my life.

I have known tragedy. To find your way through the darkness sometimes you need the light from a smile as opposed to the darkness of never ending frowns.

I like to think that tragedy would sharpen, not dampen, my wit. Time will tell. I have no idea if those commas were necessary and i love your profile pic
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

As someone who does this a lot, i often wonder if it’s because I’ve never known any real tragedy in my life.

I have known tragedy. To find your way through the darkness sometimes you need the light from a smile as opposed to the darkness of never ending frowns.

Went through our share of rough patches while growing up, my dad would always say “if it’s laugh or cry, might as well laugh”

Mom would say the same thing, word for word
  • caco_ethes
    Options

What you have gone through would be considered major tragedy to some.

That? That was just fodder
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

I like to think that tragedy would sharpen, not dampen, my wit. Time will tell. I have no idea if those commas were necessary and i love your profile pic

thanks, everyone in fun and games kept calling me a dude so I changed it. I still may be a dude, as this IS the internet after all.................... or maybe not a dude. Who really knows?

I thought you were a pizza all this time
  • caco_ethes
    Options

thanks, everyone in fun and games kept calling me a dude so I changed it. I still may be a dude, as this IS the internet after all.................... or maybe not a dude. Who really knows?

Distract them with lips, i almost never say