What's on your mind?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited October 2019
    Bad timing
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    I thought I was going to have a heart attack tonight... my boyfriend took a ring box out of his pocket. I've always made it clear that I don't think I'll ever get married again. He gave me a ring to promise me that he's going to stick by my side, even if I'm at my worse right now. I found out my cancer had spread to my lymohnodes only 2 month after we've meet and he's been there with me every step of the way. He even put his career on hold until I'm done my treatments.

I didn't think he'd stick around...It was hard for me to believe that someone who just started to date me would want to put up with all of this and care about me so much. These last few days have been hard but my heart is filled with joy ❤ 😊

Definitely a pair of heroes
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I thought I was going to have a heart attack tonight... my boyfriend took a ring box out of his pocket. I've always made it clear that I don't think I'll ever get married again. He gave me a ring to promise me that he's going to stick by my side, even if I'm at my worse right now. I found out my cancer had spread to my lymohnodes only 2 month after we've meet and he's been there with me every step of the way. He even put his career on hold until I'm done my treatments.

I didn't think he'd stick around...It was hard for me to believe that someone who just started to date me would want to put up with all of this and care about me so much. These last few days have been hard but my heart is filled with joy ❤ 😊

OMG, EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sorry, ridiculously happy over this for whatever reason.

k3av395u4mkh.gif
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I hate late afternoons. They’re so oddly depressing. Even the way the sun streams in a room in the afternoon makes me feel blue. Can people relate to this? I have always felt this way, even as a kid.

I blame daylight savings. But yeah when it goes from daylight to that orange/amber glow where you can see all the dust and the loooong shadows. I get it.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I hate late afternoons. They’re so oddly depressing. Even the way the sun streams in a room in the afternoon makes me feel blue. Can people relate to this? I have always felt this way, even as a kid.

I blame daylight savings. But yeah when it goes from daylight to that orange/amber glow where you can see all the dust and the loooong shadows. I get it.

Yes, it’s like the day got old and tired and lost it’s potential. I find myself dreading that time of day
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member

OMG, EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sorry, ridiculously happy over this for whatever reason.

k3av395u4mkh.gif

Thank you Hun ❤🙃
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

What a special man you have, what a beautiful thing to do 🤗❤
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Yes, it’s like the day got old and tired and lost it’s potential. I find myself dreading that time of day

Just think of it as a shift change
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member

This is tremendous. So nice to see and hear and is well deserved. 😊
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Almost died again today. Could be worse...Always wear your helmet. fngtvo25ye9q.jpeg
    8k1wmeeyeo8i.jpeg

Crippled again...summer just around the corner.

o07wjozqhk5b.jpeg

Need a new hobby now.

holy jesus wtf did u get hit by car again??

Yeah, but I came off worse this time. But they didn’t drive off this timeI fractured my patella and big toe so I cannot walk now. I tire my biceps pretty bad. Last time I just broke my collar bone. I was concussed for about 5 minutes and list my vision briefly too, but could still hear everything. That was terrifying. If I was not wearing a helmet my brains would be coming out through my nose.

Should be able to get a new bike through insurance but won’t be riding for a whilez and my studies have to be postponed 😥

Dude that is rough. Question though, seems like this would be the perfect opportunity to intensify your studies, why postpone them?

how would he get to class all broken rn ?

I’m doing nursing and paramedic, we can’t go on placement if we’re not physically apt. I could do theory subjects But I’ve done them for the year. I was meant to go on placement (ambulance) during December. Have to see what the school says.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Almost died again today. Could be worse...Always wear your helmet. fngtvo25ye9q.jpeg
    8k1wmeeyeo8i.jpeg

Crippled again...summer just around the corner.

o07wjozqhk5b.jpeg

Need a new hobby now.

holy jesus wtf did u get hit by car again??

Yeah, but I came off worse this time. But they didn’t drive off this timeI fractured my patella and big toe so I cannot walk now. I tire my biceps pretty bad. Last time I just broke my collar bone. I was concussed for about 5 minutes and list my vision briefly too, but could still hear everything. That was terrifying. If I was not wearing a helmet my brains would be coming out through my nose.

Should be able to get a new bike through insurance but won’t be riding for a whilez and my studies have to be postponed 😥

Dude that is rough. Question though, seems like this would be the perfect opportunity to intensify your studies, why postpone them?

how would he get to class all broken rn ?

I’m doing nursing and paramedic, we can’t go on placement if we’re not physically apt. I could do theory subjects But I’ve done them for the year. I was meant to go on placement (ambulance) during December. Have to see what the school says.

I'm so sorry that happened to you but I'm glad you're alive. I hope your recovery goes good.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

Wow....you each have found an amazing person.....so awesome :)
  • George_of_the_Jungle

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478284/whats-on-your-mind/p1931

Is there a way to skip directly to a page number in one of the threads? I got all the way to page 54 or so in the wholesome memes thread a while back ago. I really don't want to have to scroll through all 54 to pick up where I left off again.