What's on your mind?

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    iMago wrote: »

I try really hard to learn for myself who someone is and not let another person's opinion influence me. Easier said than done, but if someone is really awful I will see it for myself without someone else needing to talk trash about them.

Do you do that with people you've never even talked to or personally don't know? I don't judge and I respect other people's opinions but it's just interesting to me how some people can dislike someone without knowing them personally. I have a hard time letting other people's opinions on someone turn me against someone I don't personally know unless that said person really did something awful to me.

Eta: I know some people will disagree with this because I've seemed to be a target for bullying here since the day I stood up for myself , it could and SHOULD have been done another way, what's done is done but just to be clear, even though I know some people don't like me here, I won't go down to that level again and I'll still try to be kind to those people. I just wish those people would have the balls to message me and personally tell me what their issues are instead of being passive aggressive because... it hurts.

I guess I am slightly confused by this. I form my own opinions. Period. I try not to judge people because everyone has their own battles, but I don't have to agree with everyone.
    I am not sure who is being passive aggressive to you. I don't spend enough time in here anymore to be able to pickup on everything. Sometimes we make assumptions. I have seen posts from you (like this one), and others, that have felt like they COULD be a dig at me, but I chalk it up to my own insecurities and move on. I don't have time to dwell on forum BS. I have enough going on in my life without that. It seems like you do too so my only thought is be kind, be true to you and those who deserve to be in your life will have their place.
    And regarding your edit.... we all screw up sometimes and act in ways that we aren't proud of. Truthfully, I think these forums do that to many and it's why I don't come around as often as I used to. I don't need the negativity and frustration in my life.

Thank you for your respond ❤ I know it's hard to not make assumptions, I guess I do also because I often feel like some are made about me. This wasn't a dig at you. I've always found you to be compassionate to others and respectful. I hope you have a great day.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member

I try really hard to learn for myself who someone is and not let another person's opinion influence me. Easier said than done, but if someone is really awful I will see it for myself without someone else needing to talk trash about them.

Do you do that with people you've never even talked to or personally don't know? I don't judge and I respect other people's opinions but it's just interesting to me how some people can dislike someone without knowing them personally. I have a hard time letting other people's opinions on someone turn me against someone I don't personally know unless that said person really did something awful to me.

Eta: I know some people will disagree with this because I've seemed to be a target for bullying here since the day I stood up for myself , it could and SHOULD have been done another way, what's done is done but just to be clear, even though I know some people don't like me here, I won't go down to that level again and I'll still try to be kind to those people. I just wish those people would have the balls to message me and personally tell me what their issues are instead of being passive aggressive because... it hurts.

Can totally relate to this.
    Appearantly i have pissed off someone on here and that person is ignoring me, instead of messaging me and talk about it
    How childish...
    If i don't know what i did wrong, i can't make a mence, right?

I just moved on and putted the person on my ignore list, it was actually the first one i ever had to put on ignore list, because it was kinda hurtfull how that person acted on public forums talking trash about me, without mentioning me. I can't deal with that
    Have had my share of drama, and don't want that anymore.
    Just surround myself with positive people
  • _Miss_chievous_

Can totally relate to this.
    Appearantly i have pissed off someone on here and that person is ignoring me, instead of messaging me and talk about it
    How childish...
    If i don't know what i did wrong, i can't make a mence, right?

I just moved on and putted the person on my ignore list, it was actually the first one i ever had to put on ignore list, because it was kinda hurtfull how that person acted on public forums talking trash about me, without mentioning me. I can't deal with that
    Have had my share of drama, and don't want that anymore.
    Just surround myself with positive people

I've put those people on ignore also, I didn't really want to but I am someone who let's internet BS bother me, I wish I didn't but I've meet some people I really care about here who has became real life friends also. I'm surrounded by alot of positive people and the day I did that, my life started to get better... well as better as it can be for now.
  • _Miss_chievous_

I guess I am slightly confused by this. I form my own opinions. Period. I try not to judge people because everyone has their own battles, but I don't have to agree with everyone.
    I am not sure who is being passive aggressive to you. I don't spend enough time in here anymore to be able to pickup on everything. Sometimes we make assumptions. I have seen posts from you (like this one), and others, that have felt like they COULD be a dig at me, but I chalk it up to my own insecurities and move on. I don't have time to dwell on forum BS. I have enough going on in my life without that. It seems like you do too so my only thought is be kind, be true to you and those who deserve to be in your life will have their place.
    And regarding your edit.... we all screw up sometimes and act in ways that we aren't proud of. Truthfully, I think these forums do that to many and it's why I don't come around as often as I used to. I don't need the negativity and frustration in my life.

Thank you for your respond ❤ I know it's hard to not make assumptions, I guess I do also because I often feel like some are made about me. This wasn't a dig at you. I've always found you to be compassionate to others and respectful. I hope you have a great day.

Can't tell you how many times I have seen someone get upset about posts in here that they think are about them because of what is going on in their life and their mind and they are way off base. It makes it toxic at times because it stirs up emotions whether it is about you or not. I now TRY to assume nothing is about me unless said straight to me, but again.... easier said than done.
    Try not to let this place impact you. From what I have seen of your posts you have enough real life people that love you to not give a *kitten* about internet drama 😊

You're right. It does make it toxic, I wish I wasn't so damn sensitive at times and didn't take things too personally. I'm definitely not perfect and I've said alot of things I regret here. I wish I would be strong enough to not let internet *kitten* bother me but I guess I'm not. I'm trying to stay away from these forums a little more also. And for the record, we don't know eachother but I meant what I said. People like you here and I don't see you as a mean person.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member

Can't tell you how many times I have seen someone get upset about posts in here that they think are about them because of what is going on in their life and their mind and they are way off base. It makes it toxic at times because it stirs up emotions whether it is about you or not. I now TRY to assume nothing is about me unless said straight to me, but again.... easier said than done.
    Try not to let this place impact you. From what I have seen of your posts you have enough real life people that love you to not give a *kitten* about internet drama 😊

You're right. It does make it toxic, I wish I wasn't so damn sensitive at times and didn't take things too personally. I'm definitely not perfect and I've said alot of things I regret here. I wish I would be strong enough to not let internet *kitten* bother me but I guess I'm not. I'm trying to stay away from these forums a little more also. And for the record, we don't know eachother but I meant what I said. People like you here and I don't see you as a mean person.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
    I hope you didn't take that to mean that I think you're weak if you let this stuff get to you. If you're weak for that so am I and so are 99% of the people here. It happens. We probably shouldn't let it, but it does. We're human, we get hurt. MFP has provided me with lots of positive experiences, but it has also done its share of harm. I think most of us can say that if we have opened up and allowed people in. I would bet most of us also have regrets about what we have done, said or who we have let in. Suppose that is the same in real life too though 🤷‍♀️

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    pq03jkcdwu5z.jpeg
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    pq03jkcdwu5z.jpeg

I don't know what it is, but i take 3, only 114 kcal each
  • LiftingSpirits
    pq03jkcdwu5z.jpeg

I have never even heard of this but it seems like something I need in my life
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    pq03jkcdwu5z.jpeg

I don't know what it is, but i take 3, only 114 kcal each
    pq03jkcdwu5z.jpeg

I have never even heard of this but it seems like something I need in my life

Do you guys have dairy milk where you're from? A twirl is made of the same chocolate but it's like a flake (also made of the same chocolate) that's wearing a chocolate jacket (are you with me?). If not - come to the UK and I'll educate you. Anyhu - THIS is a limited edition twirl and you cannot get them anywhere. My brother had to order them off of Amazon.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm putting myself into a musical cocoon today and hope to emerge as a beautiful butterfly
  • LiftingSpirits
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I'm putting myself into a musical cocoon today and hope to emerge as a beautiful butterfly

You're already a beautiful butterfly
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Sometimes I find it extremely hard to not over react in situations that I know my reaction will ultimately cause the exact opposite effect I was looking for.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

Butterflies 😑
    o1sflniyyc87.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Butterflies 😑
    o1sflniyyc87.jpeg

There's a pretty one on my window chilling out because it's too cold for him to fly at the moment. Shall I send him your way? :laugh:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Butterflies 😑
    o1sflniyyc87.jpeg

There's a pretty one on my window chilling out because it's too cold for him to fly at the moment. Shall I send him your way? :laugh:

They’re okay when they’re not moving 😬