Replies

• Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I wish I was a little bit taller.

I wish I was a baller.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Luck. I narrowly escaped a serious high speed crash recently when a trucks unsecured load sent cars all around me swerving in every direction. We all avoided a crash.

What in the final destination! That’s terrifying. glad you’re OK
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    Luck. I narrowly escaped a serious high speed crash recently when a trucks unsecured load sent cars all around me swerving in every direction. We all avoided a crash.

What in the final destination! That’s terrifying. glad you’re OK

Thank you, and thanks all. I'm grateful it was seat cushions (I think) going everywhere instead of timber logs.

Still, someone swerved right into my position as part of a domino effect..and while I did well to decelerate and swerve myself off of the road I'm just lucky I wasn't forced off of the shoulder or into another car.

Later on in the drive, though...it came to gridlock and the reason was that some other people had gotten into an accident. Every long drive seems to have one. Makes me think about fate.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Two things. Whether I am a lesbian and what to make with all of the avocados I have left before they go bad.
  • LilithReigns

Now I am old and live rural and gas is over $5 per gallon and my job is only 7.5 hilly miles away and I’m scared I don’t remember how to change a flat but I’m going out to find a commuter bike today.

Send good thoughts I don’t hurt my sorry old bones.

Well, I did it & I didn’t die.

I did get a ride up the first hill, but after that it was all me. There were two hills that did try to take me out but I prevailed. Most of it was rolling hills that I handled OK.

I got chased by a farm dog! I was too quick for him though

I live in a very beautiful place and it was even more apparent from the seat of a bicycle.

I opted to walk the very last hill because the winding wooded road was busy with commuter traffic and it freaked me out a little.

I still need to master gear changes, not because I have forgotten how, but because I believe I never really learned properly. It seems counterintuitive to me.

If I make the commute home ok it’ll be the beginning of a great summer.

this sounds delightful, and kudos to getting up the hills! hills still take the breath out of me even if im just walking up and down.... if I didn't work so far from home a bike ride during the warm summer mornings and evenings to and from work would be such a treat.
  • twitchymcgee
    Two things. Whether I am a lesbian and what to make with all of the avocados I have left before they go bad.

I saw an interesting frozen dessert made with avocado and condensed milk. I usually go for savory things with avocado but a lot of people seemed to like it.
  • LilithReigns

I saw an interesting frozen dessert made with avocado and condensed milk. I usually go for savory things with avocado but a lot of people seemed to like it.

recipe??

so far I have made avocado breakfast smoothies with natural peanut butter, avocado breakfast toast, and avocado turkey burgers.
  • twitchymcgee

recipe??

so far I have made avocado breakfast smoothies with natural peanut butter, avocado breakfast toast, and avocado turkey burgers.

I saw it on another app and unfortunately I didn’t save it. Sorry.

I also like to put avocado on my sandwiches
  • LilithReigns

recipe??

I saw it on another app and unfortunately I didn’t save it. Sorry.

I also like to put avocado on my sandwiches

That's okay, maybe it was a mousse of some sort? I am sure I can google up a whole list of desserts using avocados.

and yes with sandwiches it adds a nice texture.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,531 Member
    edited June 2022
    How about guacamole? I also like cubed avocado mixed in with scrambled eggs (after the eggs are cooked)
  • LilithReigns
    cmsienk wrote: »
    How about guacamole? I also like cubed avocado mixed in with scrambled eggs (after the eggs are cooked)

It's truly funny that I did not even consider making guac... :D but now that is a great idea and I can make some homemade tortilla chips for dipping.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member

I saw an interesting frozen dessert made with avocado and condensed milk.

Was it a shake? My mom is Brazilian and she's always made avocado milkshakes this way. Just put some avocado in the blender with condensed milk, milk, and sometimes ice. If she doesn't have condensed milk she'll use sugar. I imagine you could use stevia to replace the sugar/condensed milk.
  • twitchymcgee

I saw an interesting frozen dessert made with avocado and condensed milk.

Was it a shake? My mom is Brazilian and she's always made avocado milkshakes this way. Just put some avocado in the blender with condensed milk, milk, and sometimes ice. If she doesn't have condensed milk she'll use sugar. I imagine you could use stevia to replace the sugar/condensed milk.

It was very similar to this but I think a slightly thicker texture than a shake. And it looked like the person had rolled it up into tubes of some kind like a bite-able ice cream thing. But yes, I do think those were the ingredients minus the Stevia
  • twitchymcgee
    edited June 2022
    OK! It was Filipino ice candy and you can find recipes with minor variations online. That was making me nuts

Here’s one recipe
    https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/avocado-ice-candy/
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    OK! It was Filipino ice candy and you can find recipes with minor variations online. That was making me nuts

Here’s one recipe
    https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/avocado-ice-candy/

Remembered them growing up..

Also shake

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/139425/filipino-avocado-milkshake/
  • IYKYK_
    IYKYK_ Posts: 87 Member
    Finally! Coming here for the recipes has paid off 🙆
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Thinking about how people like to go to great lengths to show how “unbothered” they are. It’s ok babe, we get it, it bothers you.
  • twitchymcgee
    Thinking about how people like to go to great lengths to show how “unbothered” they are. It’s ok babe, we get it, it bothers you.

I don’t know what I missed but you always hot & bother me
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member

Why you calling me out like this? You know I’m sensitive and fragile. 🥺
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    edited June 2022

I’d be willing to help you figure out the first 😏😏😏

Can’t help with the avocados 🤢