caco_ethes wrote: »
    You: hi!

Me: hello!

You: how are you?

Me: fine, you?

You: good, thanks.

silence

You: How was your day?

Me: Oh you know, same ol, same ol. Thanks for asking. Yours?

You: it was good. Did some stuff.

Me: oh good.

silence

Me: so, I’ll talk to you soon.

You: yeah, good. Let’s keep in touch.

Perspective!🤔 I have this exact conversation on my phone right now..
    I have it virtually and irl Every. *kitten*. Day. If I try to interject some odd tidbit of real conversation the party of the first part cannot relate.

Yep- same!! Makes me question why I hold onto such shallow relationships? I think next conversation with them I’ll just screenshot the one before- cause it’s literally going to be identical! I like your thought process- next time I’m going to throw in the most random thing to say- it’ll either make the convo better or finally end it all together!!🤣

Or when you give some real conversation, they respond in a short exchange with mere disinterest.

Ugh.. yep, that’s my favorite! I can definitely be a “wordy” talker so I don’t expect to be matched word for word. However, if I write a paragraph & only get back a word or two then it tells me all I need to know about the value that person places on our relationship! ( 🎶 Thank you next... 🎶 )

Yesterday i messaged a friend a big long diatribe about my day/life and ranted about a few things. I finally asked “but how are you?”

The message i got back was:

I am fine

That was it. I laughed so hard, still laughing about it today in fact

I admire the fact that you can laugh it off. I feel so vulnerable when I’m treated in this manor.

Although I have come to realize at times it’s my own expectations that let me down and it’s actually not the person’s fault.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I apologize. I have been having a super rough time lately and was particularly snarky yesterday.

I love you ❤
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I apologize. I have been having a super rough time lately and was particularly snarky yesterday.

I love you ❤

I love you too.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

silence

silence

I have it virtually and irl Every. *kitten*. Day. If I try to interject some odd tidbit of real conversation the party of the first part cannot relate.

Yep- same!! Makes me question why I hold onto such shallow relationships? I think next conversation with them I’ll just screenshot the one before- cause it’s literally going to be identical! I like your thought process- next time I’m going to throw in the most random thing to say- it’ll either make the convo better or finally end it all together!!🤣

Or when you give some real conversation, they respond in a short exchange with mere disinterest.

Ugh.. yep, that’s my favorite! I can definitely be a “wordy” talker so I don’t expect to be matched word for word. However, if I write a paragraph & only get back a word or two then it tells me all I need to know about the value that person places on our relationship! ( 🎶 Thank you next... 🎶 )

Yesterday i messaged a friend a big long diatribe about my day/life and ranted about a few things. I finally asked “but how are you?”

I am fine

I admire the fact that you can laugh it off. I feel so vulnerable when I’m treated in this manor.

Although I have come to realize at times it’s my own expectations that let me down and it’s actually not the person’s fault.

Oh, they were absolutely joking. Just taking a little jab, which is why it was so funny 😅
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

silence

silence

I am fine

Oh, they were absolutely joking. Just taking a little jab, which is why it was so funny 😅

Joking? Sounds like an insensitive cad to me. You know what they say about removing toxic people from your life....your life might smell better but your life’s soil probably still won’t grow anything for a few years.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

silence

silence

I am fine

Joking? Sounds like an insensitive cad to me. You know what they say about removing toxic people from your life....your life might smell better but your life’s soil probably still won’t grow anything for a few years.

They probably fat fingered the send button before they finished and I’m just giving entirely too much credit
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It's our anniversary!
  • CaliValleyGirl
    edited October 2019
    Options
    On the road again. 🎤🎙️🎶🎵

I love road trips.

Except for the semi trucks on the freeway n make me nervous.

I've seen final destination, that crap does happen!

Every log truck, "We're going to die".

Every gas tanker, "We're going to die".

May your day be filled with love and light.

5le38wp1maza.jpg

• Plague_Doktor
    Plague_Doktor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Halloween, so my grotesque appearance on random trips to Walmart look like a fun spooky choice and not just my reality
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It's our anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    It's our anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you!
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love Halloween, so my grotesque appearance on random trips to Walmart look like a fun spooky choice and not just my reality

I smile when they compliment me on my costume, then weep into my Oreos when I get back to the car
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I miss the anticipation for trips that i felt as a kid. As an adult it sometimes just feels more stressy than excited
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    I miss the anticipation for trips that i felt as a kid. As an adult it sometimes just feels more stressy than excited

are we there yet?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

sometimes ?

sometimes ?

I need to move.

.... any vacancies in West Dakota ??
  • caco_ethes
    Options

are we there yet?

This is even going to be a kidless vacation. Just me and two of my friends. How am i not involuntarily pumping my fist in the air?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

sometimes ?

sometimes ?

I need to move.

.... any vacancies in West Dakota ??

West Dakota is one giant vacancy
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

are we there yet?

This is even going to be a kidless vacation. Just me and two of my friends. How am i not involuntarily pumping my fist in the air?

IDK but if you don't wanna go then I will!
  • Plague_Doktor
    Plague_Doktor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

I smile when they compliment me on my costume, then weep into my Oreos when I get back to the car

Same pal, same
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Options
    Getting nervous.

So far we almost hit a solid safety barrier that rolled into the freeway. Then we almost hit hay bales that fell off a truck.

I'm ready to go home.