Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Contemplating the impermanence of life.

At 8:22 pm? That’s gonna make for a loooong night
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    BuckCherry station on Pandora is pretty silly.....plays a lot of Nickelback.......i think Canada is not represented well here.

pity. we have great bands up here. nickelback is most definitely not one of them.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    I allocated a certain amount of food for the number of people eating it.
    I was just informed 3 extra people are coming from my DIL side.

I almost freaked out. 🤯🥺🤬

Then, after calming myself down I realized, I’m cooking the food and there will be a certain amount.
    Eat accordingly, I don’t give ****.
    I don’t even care if I eat at this point.
    I just want to hang with the grandkids. 🥰

people don't have to loosen their belts. it's about family more than the food. i hope you can get through the day M.... i'll be thinking of you! <3:*
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    BuckCherry station on Pandora is pretty silly.....plays a lot of Nickelback.......i think Canada is not represented well here.

pity. we have great bands up here. nickelback is most definitely not one of them.

What? How can you say this ??

Nickelback is not only the greatest Canadian band ever, Nickelback is also one of the best bands anywhere, ever!

I listen to them every single day. They're the absolute best !!

Sincerely,

Chad's Mom

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What? How can you say this ??

Nickelback is not only the greatest Canadian band ever, Nickelback is also one of the best bands anywhere, ever!

I listen to them every single day. They're the absolute best !!

Sincerely,

Chad's Mom

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • cdubks88

Rush is still in my top ten favorite bands. I measure all drummers against Peart. Those fellas could rock. 😁😎🤘
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    I allocated a certain amount of food for the number of people eating it.
    I was just informed 3 extra people are coming from my DIL side.

I almost freaked out. 🤯🥺🤬

Then, after calming myself down I realized, I’m cooking the food and there will be a certain amount.
    Eat accordingly, I don’t give ****.
    I don’t even care if I eat at this point.
    I just want to hang with the grandkids. 🥰

people don't have to loosen their belts. it's about family more than the food. i hope you can get through the day M.... i'll be thinking of you! <3:*

I agree but this also makes me think, about the potential financial and/or physical burden that unbeknownst to the guests, the host might be dealing with.

I'd help by either bringing a dish, that they'd otherwise prepare and/or provide a financial donation, to them.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    The finance people have to walk through my office to get to their office. There is one lady who stares so intently at me as she walks through. What do you want lady?! I am trying to procrastinate here.

I will sometimes catch myself doing this at an innocent bystander if they look familiar or remind me of someone...

That being said, you do have a kind of familiar face
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    The finance people have to walk through my office to get to their office. There is one lady who stares so intently at me as she walks through. What do you want lady?! I am trying to procrastinate here.

I will sometimes catch myself doing this at an innocent bystander if they look familiar or remind me of someone...

Do I?!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Do I?!

Yeah, I've actually had to click on your pp several times to figure out if you might be one of several people who have disappeared...

But I'm fairly certain now that you are Ntm

Then again, I don't have the best eyes either 🤓 lol
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Got me a disagree stalker in the maintenance forum. Love you boo 😘😘

Damn what are they disagreeing on

Anything and everything! The weirdest one is disagreeing with my progress pictures... not sure how you can disagree with that :laugh:

That’s crazy. Especially with progress pics. They should be empowering and supportive. We are all on a journey. Let them be hater gators and drown in their own hatorade juice.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two least favorite holidays.
    2020 cannot get here soon enough

It’s so commercialized now a days. I also can’t wait for 2020!!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

Do I?!

Yeah, I've actually had to click on your pp several times to figure out if you might be one of several people who have disappeared...

Huh. Fancy that. I've had this same profile for some years now 😊
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Do I?!

Huh. Fancy that. I've had this same profile for some years now 😊

And don't worry, you're in good company...
    They were pretty pineapple pizza people too 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Pumpkin spice bourbon cake, y'all. :wink:
  • cdubks88

Commercialized isn't a big deal to me.

I can't change it, so I just ignore it.

That being said, giving and receiving gifts with loved ones is a wonderful holiday tradition.

You just don't need to buy someone a new Lexus to be appreciated; instead, it can be a small homemade gift that will carry more meaning than some mass produced and marketed consumer item.

1000x this. Appreciate this comment so much. Especially since I make a lot of homemade gifts. They may not seem like much to some, but I invest my joy, passion and love in each thing I make, so it's nice to see others appreciate that kind of thing.

Thanks! 😊
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »

Commercialized isn't a big deal to me.

I can't change it, so I just ignore it.

That being said, giving and receiving gifts with loved ones is a wonderful holiday tradition.

You just don't need to buy someone a new Lexus to be appreciated; instead, it can be a small homemade gift that will carry more meaning than some mass produced and marketed consumer item.

1000x this. Appreciate this comment so much. Especially since I make a lot of homemade gifts. They may not seem like much to some, but I invest my joy, passion and love in each thing I make, so it's nice to see others appreciate that kind of thing.

Thanks! 😊

Seconded. And I think that's WONDERFUL that you make a lot of homemade gifts. Honestly, I wish more people would embrace that aspect.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Seconded. And I think that's WONDERFUL that you make a lot of homemade gifts. Honestly, I wish more people would embrace that aspect.

I love working with wood. It's definitely my passion outside of work when it comes to hobbies. I do stuff like this......

2o19dcjcwwl5.jpg

iggxves4pwwu.jpg

2w96qcw0bnkc.jpg

3h0svxyqla2c.jpg

my8fg9dgm7r7.jpg

....and about anything people challenge me to do. I learn so much in the process and it brings so much joy to it.

It may seem like something small, but to see where this piece started and where it is now curing until it's gifted for Christmas makes me probably way more excited than the recipient. I can only hope those who receive it get as much joy as I do from making it.

Thank you for your kind words. So sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😊

Wow that's amazing