What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Seconded. And I think that's WONDERFUL that you make a lot of homemade gifts. Honestly, I wish more people would embrace that aspect.

I love working with wood. It's definitely my passion outside of work when it comes to hobbies. I do stuff like this......

2o19dcjcwwl5.jpg

iggxves4pwwu.jpg

2w96qcw0bnkc.jpg

3h0svxyqla2c.jpg

my8fg9dgm7r7.jpg

....and about anything people challenge me to do. I learn so much in the process and it brings so much joy to it.

It may seem like something small, but to see where this piece started and where it is now curing until it's gifted for Christmas makes me probably way more excited than the recipient. I can only hope those who receive it get as much joy as I do from making it.

Thank you for your kind words. So sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😊

That is... amazing. I wish I had the skills or the tools to do traditional woodworking. There are tons of things I want to learn, but lack the infrastructure to do so in my current position, so I'm always in awe when I run across someone who can do them.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    That is... amazing. I wish I had the skills or the tools to do traditional woodworking. There are tons of things I want to learn, but lack the infrastructure to do so in my current position, so I'm always in awe when I run across someone who can do them.

Thanks! You can do it too. I know you can.

I started small. Had no skills but knew I wanted to learn. Learned so much through YouTube and even more just trying on my own. Didn't take long to have a few "catches" with the tool while turning to learn VERY fast that it is and always will remain in sharp tool edges and angles.

It's easy to get lost in. If you think you'd like it, start small with old school chisels, sharpening stone and whatever kind of wood you like...
    ..what you create is up to you. That's the beauty of it. 😊

• cdubks88
    Options
    Wow that's amazing

Thanks! 😊 Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😁

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    mctxfrxbdwpn.jpeg
    Why is my husband whiter than me?!?!?!?
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Seconded. And I think that's WONDERFUL that you make a lot of homemade gifts. Honestly, I wish more people would embrace that aspect.

I love working with wood. It's definitely my passion outside of work when it comes to hobbies. I do stuff like this......

2o19dcjcwwl5.jpg

iggxves4pwwu.jpg

2w96qcw0bnkc.jpg

3h0svxyqla2c.jpg

my8fg9dgm7r7.jpg

....and about anything people challenge me to do. I learn so much in the process and it brings so much joy to it.

It may seem like something small, but to see where this piece started and where it is now curing until it's gifted for Christmas makes me probably way more excited than the recipient. I can only hope those who receive it get as much joy as I do from making it.

Thank you for your kind words. So sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😊

That’s awesome, bro
  • cdubks88
    edited November 2019
    Options
    That’s awesome, bro

@Deadman_Diggingup

Thanks, man. 😁

It's kind of crazy to me. I meet lots of people and we talk about different woods and when I bring up elm, they look at me like I'm a little crazy (I at least deserve that).

I always ask them, "but have you SEEN elm and not just smelled it?"

Most people don't like the pungent smell, but it's a gorgeous wood. The ring patterns are amazing.

Can't wait to see your stuff when you start, brother. You should. And I say that wanting to see you do it. 😊😁😎
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    So... I ate one TINY slice of the cake I made... but I want more. It was so good.. but one could seriously get drunk off of eating that cake. I ain't mad... pretty sure I just found my perma-pumpkin pie replacement.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    The finance people have to walk through my office to get to their office. There is one lady who stares so intently at me as she walks through. What do you want lady?! I am trying to procrastinate here.

I will sometimes catch myself doing this at an innocent bystander if they look familiar or remind me of someone...

That being said, you do have a kind of familiar face

Do I?!

Yeah, I've actually had to click on your pp several times to figure out if you might be one of several people who have disappeared...

But I'm fairly certain now that you are Ntm

Then again, I don't have the best eyes either 🤓 lol

Huh. Fancy that. I've had this same profile for some years now 😊

And don't worry, you're in good company...
    They were pretty pineapple pizza people too 😂

The pretty pineapple pizza people gang is just the very best gang 🤗
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The finance people have to walk through my office to get to their office. There is one lady who stares so intently at me as she walks through. What do you want lady?! I am trying to procrastinate here.

I will sometimes catch myself doing this at an innocent bystander if they look familiar or remind me of someone...

Do I?!

Yeah, I've actually had to click on your pp several times to figure out if you might be one of several people who have disappeared...

you keep getting more and more perfecterer.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Giving up
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Giving up

Hope you're ok....
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Giving up

If I'm not allowed to, neither are you. :heart:
  • ghudson92
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Do I?!

you keep getting more and more perfecterer.

Oh you 🤭
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just that , I been giving up on things too easily and trying to think of the way how our mind can make us addictive to habits and how to break those addictive thoughts/habits.
  • CarbsAndCompounds
    CarbsAndCompounds Posts: 281 Member
    Options

2o19dcjcwwl5.jpg

iggxves4pwwu.jpg

2w96qcw0bnkc.jpg

3h0svxyqla2c.jpg

my8fg9dgm7r7.jpg

Crazy. And beautiful!
  • ghudson92
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I was out till 2am last night had mulled wine, beer, whiskey, gin, and more gin, and started work at 9am today

Sounds like a good night!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    A dream I had last night.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Lots of things in front of me today, but I'm relatively at peace with it all...

First things first... Dancing in the kitchen while making my ninja juice, stretching, and shoulders...
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Slept long last night and had a huge dream about getting a job where I had to be P.T. Barnham for a middling “werewolf show and dinner theater” and it was quite cool.