What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    My uncle's funeral is today. Obviously, I'm too far away to attend, which is a bit of a bummer, but I also wouldn't want to take my son out of school to go to a funeral for a person he has never met. Still sucks. He was a really cool dude and my dad really liked him.

So now that makes two people on my mom's side that passed away this year. :(

So sorry that you couldn't make it and for your loss. 😞
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Even after having 5 days off, still didnt want to come to work this morning. Currently configuring a master plan to win the lottery so I dont have to work ever again.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Slayer is no more. I will never be the same.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    apoorvan22 wrote: »
    I feel kind of disgusted with myself. I didn't do anything the whole day and shut out everyone saying that I want to study for my exam tomorrow, but I haven't started doing that either :(

There is nothing wrong with taking time for you and nobody else.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    apoorvan22 wrote: »
    I feel kind of disgusted with myself. I didn't do anything the whole day and shut out everyone saying that I want to study for my exam tomorrow, but I haven't started doing that either :(

Which one of us hasn’t done that? Atleast you had the right intention.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Interviewing for jobs & being consistently over-qualified or encountering the few who think I need an advanced degree to do my job (uh... I've got 20+ yrs experience... I've done fairly well sans advanced degree, thanks, then)... both sides have been an issue for a long time.

What helps? Lighting candles? Praying to the gods/goddesses? Incense? Tarot cards? Church? Downplaying my resume? Done all of the above... none have proven helpful. Now what?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Dark minds, fear, and the spectrum related to the two
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Pepper Jack Cheez-its :yum:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    It's been 2 years since my stepmother was called home. I know this day is hard on my Dad. I'll be glad when it's over.

I'm sorry :(
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Even after having 5 days off, still didnt want to come to work this morning. Currently configuring a master plan to win the lottery so I dont have to work ever again.

Same here. It's not that I don't like what I do, I just wish I had my own office space to be a complete introvert and I only had to talk to people because I wanted to!
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Missing my partner who decided to move on without moi.

...and pizza
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ... why are all the pictures ridiculously small now? It's like they don't want me to see all my zits and face blemishes. :lol:
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Should I buy a big Christmas tree or a Charlie Brown one
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Should I buy a big Christmas tree or a Charlie Brown one

both
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    over-qualified = we're afraid you'll show us everything wrong and try to fix it when we really like it broken.
    advanced degree = someone is looking at paper requirements and isn't qualified to actually vet you for a position

come back to the world of software development.... you know you miss the 1's and 0's

I do miss all that is binary & would jump back in in a second if I felt I could revamp my skills & get a job. Outside that field, I'm at the mercy of the interviewers... gotta revamp my plan, cuz what I've been doing for many months isn't working at all. :(
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I’d watch this show