What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    my immediate coworker has been sneezing all day. allergies i guess. she said she took allergy meds this morning at least. if she did they don't work.

but she doesn't just sneeze. she screams them out. like its the loudest most obnoxious sneeze you'll ever hear from another person.

"ERRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH-HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHW"

and she's been doing it all day, in sets of 4-5 at a time. i don't want to hate on her because allergies suck, but she just lets them rip too. she doesn't cover her face/mouth at all. this is our busier time of year and we've had families like looking in our office windows because its so loud they can hear her out there.

she sits maybe 10 feet away from me and i'm getting a headache from listening to her sneeze screams and its also killing my soul that there is two hours left of this nightmare.

She sounds like my Grandma. When she sneezes I swear, you can hear it from a block away. It's like she just yells.

i literally can't even about it. but then i'm already triggered because she took her lunch during our peak eclipse times (i had to take mine earlier)

when she came back in i said, "well hows it looking out there?"

she goes "oh its not very cloudy i don't think its going to rain again"

"no i mean, the eclipse hows it looking"

she goes "i don't know actually i didn't even look up at it"

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

Maybe she doesn't have allergies, it's just her brain screaming "LET ME OUT!"
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    my immediate coworker has been sneezing all day. allergies i guess. she said she took allergy meds this morning at least. if she did they don't work.

but she doesn't just sneeze. she screams them out. like its the loudest most obnoxious sneeze you'll ever hear from another person.

"ERRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH-HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHW"

and she's been doing it all day, in sets of 4-5 at a time. i don't want to hate on her because allergies suck, but she just lets them rip too. she doesn't cover her face/mouth at all. this is our busier time of year and we've had families like looking in our office windows because its so loud they can hear her out there.

she sits maybe 10 feet away from me and i'm getting a headache from listening to her sneeze screams and its also killing my soul that there is two hours left of this nightmare.

She sounds like my Grandma. When she sneezes I swear, you can hear it from a block away. It's like she just yells.

i literally can't even about it. but then i'm already triggered because she took her lunch during our peak eclipse times (i had to take mine earlier)

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

its just annoying. i was wanting to go outside to take pictures of it when it looked the best and wasn't able to, and she didn't even bother.

i am choosing to believe its really her brain screaming for attention. she's like early 50s and there's another woman her age across the hall who she is friends with. they talk to each other in that baby voice some women put on for no reason. like, when you're talking a beloved pet or something idk. i've mostly tuned it out but the sneezing today broke my resolve and i just want it to end.

That baby voice is one of my pet peeves. I would punch her just for that.. why do groups of women start doing that around animals and babies?? So annoying.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

its just annoying. i was wanting to go outside to take pictures of it when it looked the best and wasn't able to, and she didn't even bother.

i am choosing to believe its really her brain screaming for attention. she's like early 50s and there's another woman her age across the hall who she is friends with. they talk to each other in that baby voice some women put on for no reason. like, when you're talking a beloved pet or something idk. i've mostly tuned it out but the sneezing today broke my resolve and i just want it to end.

Let's take care of the problem, I'll bring my shovel.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Reading all the annoyances got me to thinking about my hiccups.. No one wants to be around when I get a bad case of hiccups.. its horrendous.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

That baby voice is one of my pet peeves. I would punch her just for that.. why do groups of women start doing that around animals and babies?? So annoying.
    newmeadow wrote: »

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

They're doing women-of-a-certain-age camp. It's not as funny as man camp, but it suffices for some gals. Yes. They tend to work in offices.

"When she stopped conforming to the conventional picture of femininity she finally began to enjoy being a woman." Betty Friedan

Then they watch Lifetime made-for-TV movies together and sneeze in a normal fashion when no one's around.
    Caporegiem wrote: »

MFW

T8fZiHm.gif

Let's take care of the problem, I'll bring my shovel.

seriously i think the voice thing is worse at this point. the dichotomy between her crazy insane yelling sneezes and then jumping into that stupid voice with no hesitation is absolutey cancerous to me at this point. i'll never make it to 5.

JsKErOG.png

I think it's a side effect of having to work with someone in close proximity over an extended period. Their habits that didn't bother you at first slowly start to compile and nag at you until you hit a breaking point. Then you have to visit HR because you told Janice in Purchasing that you're going to rip the microwave door off and beat her head in with it the next time she takes her food out early and doesn't clear the timer.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    I'm wondering where the growing thread is, I can't find it and I want to post my rhubarb there. @Renaissance_Turtle did you create it? I can't remember. @HyeKarma I remember you posted in it too.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm wondering where the growing thread is, I can't find it and I want to post my rhubarb there. @Renaissance_Turtle did you create it? I can't remember. @HyeKarma I remember you posted in it too.

What kind of thread? A recipe thread? Or pictures of what we cooked? Or picture of what we grew? Oh... oh.. ok hold on... I got it.. Let me find it.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »

What kind of thread? A recipe thread? Or pictures of what we cooked? Or picture of what we grew? Oh... oh.. ok hold on... I got it.. Let me find it.

Yes, the last one!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Let's just strap a voice changer to her face, it'll be more entertaining if every time she sneezes she sounds like Darth Vader or Morgan Freeman...whoever.

UNDERRATED COMMENT :joy::joy::joy:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of wondering why all of my female friends went from never wanting any children to wanting to amass an army comprised of them. It's a bit weird after having known them all for so long. Their choice, of course.. just weird from my vantage.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    That was under the old acct that I quit because I got questioned & grilled about every damn thing I posted.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I missed the twilight discussion but my 2 cents...

The two guys were lame af... Any guy that would stick around hoping to be picked while some chick goes back and forth is just not worth his salt...

And Bella, while pretty, was an absolute dummy...

I trust the books were better, but once Hollywood producers get ahold of something and try to make it trendy and hip, they usually just make it lame ashit

Just my opinion...
  • Holly_981
    Holly_981 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Food and sleep are always on my mind