• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    On my mind is the need for some kind of text alert or something for when things go down on the forums.

Same. Just trying to catch up here but I need a secret decoder ring or something because I'm clueless AF. From what I've observed so far, not just this instance but even prior incidents, dudes can be bigger drama queens than the ladies. Smh

100% agree. They need to get their tightest skinny jeans on and just fight it out.

Ooohhhh..... this is a great idea! A skinny jeans throw down!

Let's get them to wear heels too and bash each other with handbags.

Can we also add hoop earrings and hair extensions?

Yes! Shave their eyebrows too and draw them back on as Nike ticks.

Perfect!! Also fake nails, those weird pointy ones that are allllllllll the rage right now.
    Like these??
    knf7ksr2e8ca.jpg

man, those would chew up a girl's earlobes
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I've lost grandparents but never experienced any other real tragedy. I feel like it cripples me when trying to figure out how to be helpful and empathetic toward people who are grieving. My cousins are losing their dad to cancer and I feel powerless and ineffectual.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I've lost grandparents but never experienced any other real tragedy. I feel like it cripples me when trying to figure out how to be helpful and empathetic toward people who are grieving. My cousins are losing their dad to cancer and I feel powerless and ineffectual.
    From someone who has experienced that..there's nothing you can do but try to just be there. It's all loud at that point and you can't really hear anyone or anything else. I do always remember the people who were there though.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I can empathize with you. Its hard when you want to do or say something but don't know what to say or do.

I don't think that there is really anything you can do, just help them if they ask for something or maybe offer or just go ahead and do things to help keep up with day to day life.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    From someone who has experienced that..there's nothing you can do but try to just be there. It's all loud at that point and you can't really hear anyone or anything else. I do always remember the people who were there though.

Seconded. No words can take away their pain but just being there and "taking care" of what you can to lessen their burdens. Such as meal prep, clean up, errands. Things like that. Or just sitting with them will always bring them some relief.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about the sex of a person- more like the type of person- some people just like using 'weight' to beat the crap out of others

The heart and make up of an individual is the measure not the way they look- hugs all

Very nice post :+1:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I can empathize with you. Its hard when you want to do or say something but don't know what to say or do.

I don't think that there is really anything you can do, just help them if they ask for something or maybe offer or just go ahead and do things to help keep up with day to day life.

Seconded. No words can take away their pain but just being there and "taking care" of what you can to lessen their burdens. Such as meal prep, clean up, errands. Things like that. Or just sitting with them will always bring them some relief.

Thanks, ladies. Much appreciated.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Some bridges are best left burned.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I don't add friends on mfp because I am failing so badly with my diet that I can't even be supportive. I feel like a major failure and a huge disappointment to others. I wish it didn't weigh so heavily on my mind.

giphy.gif

...... is it okay if I add a reach-around to this virtual hug?
  • slimgirljo15
    edited August 2017
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I don't add friends on mfp because I am failing so badly with my diet that I can't even be supportive. I feel like a major failure and a huge disappointment to others. I wish it didn't weigh so heavily on my mind.

126qvaqvvf93.gif
    Ahhh , yeah ya maybe not want to try and grope the unfriendly ones .. they bite and scratch :/

I hope you find peace..you aren't perfect , none of us are, Give yourself a break, you're here and you're trying.. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    A snickers ice cream.. :/ thanks @blackcomaro
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options

@slimgirljo15 imagine how good it will taste next sunday ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

@slimgirljo15 imagine how good it will taste next sunday ;)

But..but thats 6 days away :(:'(