What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Ecologists at the University of Sydney estimate around 480 million creatures have been killed in the wildfires, including 8,000 koalas.
    That is insane 🥺

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jo. I saw the NSW & Victoria evacuations today. Just awful.

Thank you.. I'm in the Hunter region, looks like our turn maybe today. Predicted wind and 44c temp is not going to help 😔
    You'd think there'd be nothing left to burn but yep, it just keeps coming. 🥺

So sad 😞
    Ecologists at the University of Sydney estimate around 480 million creatures have been killed in the wildfires, including 8,000 koalas.
    That is insane 🥺

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jo. I saw the NSW & Victoria evacuations today. Just awful.

Thank you.. I'm in the Hunter region, looks like our turn maybe today. Predicted wind and 44c temp is not going to help 😔
    You'd think there'd be nothing left to burn but yep, it just keeps coming. 🥺

So sad 🙁 Thinking about you Jo and everyone else in Australia. Be safe xox

Thank you 🤗
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many cheese balls I can fit in my mouth 🤔
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sleeeep hopefully I get some 🤞🏻
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Are there really aliens 👽 out there some where
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I will beat little kids at carnival games at Animal Kingdom to establish my dominance.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    I will beat little kids at carnival games at Animal Kingdom to establish my dominance.
    xkm4bg60sf1x.gif

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My daughter messaged and said it has hit 47c (116.6f ) at her place.. geezus ☀️..just gone up again.. 48c.
    It's 46c here at my place. Man, it's hot.

Keep us posted. This must be horridly worrying for you, especially about your daughter. Hopefully it's over very soon. And, you already know, but... if evacuated, go!

Be safe.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    My daughter messaged and said it has hit 47c (116.6f ) at her place.. geezus ☀️..just gone up again.. 48c.

Keep us posted. This must be horridly worrying for you, especially about your daughter. Hopefully it's over very soon. And, you already know, but... if evacuated, go!

Be safe.

🤗 I'm ok and so is daughter its just hot and smokey here.. it's sad watching the TV though 😕
    I'm hoping for rain soon.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Hope you are doing well otherwise Jo and away from those fires... That's crazy hot

I've seen 112 here in California a few times and once 117 in the last 20yrs..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Hope you are doing well otherwise Jo and away from those fires... That's crazy hot

I've seen 112 here in California a few times and once 117 in the last 20yrs..

Thanks Jesse, I'm doing ok, but it is crazy hot 🙂
    I hope you and the fam are doing great 🤗
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    That is scary. I hope there is relief soon Jo.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    That is scary. I hope there is relief soon Jo.

Thank you :)
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Bummed that I'll have to spend at least a few days in bed, nursing my rib/back injury. I can barely walk, but had enough back braces, Ace bandages & waist cinchers to truss myself up & make a quick trip out for a giant bottle of Ibuprofin. I had to open the bottle & swallow a few in the store, cuz I got stuck walking, leaning on the basket & couldn't let go without feeling I was going to fall. Oh, bloody boo...

They kicked in in 1-1/2 hrs, I was able to make it to my car & my apologies to the WalMart crowd, listening to my howling & muttering to myself.

Bonus... with 4 cinchers on, my waist was looking mighty fine... even through the tear stained tee I was wearing. :smile:

giphy.gif
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I’m here to rant about how inconsiderate 70% of people are these days. For all I know it’s always been like this but some *kitten* that I work with almost hit me with her cart and this almost happens all time. Coworkers and customers. Nobody moves out of the way. I used to but now I’m also playing chicken like hit me *kitten*. The day someone does I’m getting fired because I’m going to fight them. 😤
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Humans should stop breeding.
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    That is insane 🥺

The destruction of trees will have profound effects on ecosystems. We’re pretty much *kitten* now.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    That is insane 🥺

The destruction of trees will have profound effects on ecosystems. We’re pretty much *kitten* now.

Over 99% of species that were on this planet at one time are extinct......humans arent special, they will eventually follow suit.
  • amorfati601070
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    That is insane 🥺

Over 99% of species that were on this planet at one time are extinct......humans arent special, they will eventually follow suit.

It’s a bit cruel, to know that’s our fate. But we’re do ducking stupid and docile. Musk wants to take us to Mars but every planet we go to, we will just trash it.

They should just invent the matrix already, put people on some TPN mixture and stop devouring the planet.