• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    My sister
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I am wondering about all the ancient threads that keep coming up.

What is better? To bump a thread from like years ago or start a new fresh discussion on the same or a similar subject?

Personally I think it's better to start a new one if the last reply to a similar idea was years ago.

Sorry.

There isn't anything wrong with it, but it's weird to me when a bunch of the members aren't around anymore for the discussion I think.

Who knows tho...maybe it will become popular again! Especially if it is fun.

I didn't think about that before.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Some lucky person in Watertown, MA.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Wine, dine and 69 ^^^^
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    How nice it would be to win $700 Millon even if I had to split it with 50 co-workers who went in for the tickets.

Right. I don't even have to be rich, I just want enough to be debt free and be able to do whatever I want whenever I want even if I still have to work.

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

Being rich would be amazing, but my dream is to be comfortable enough to be able to say, "I want to go somewhere nice on holiday this year," and actually have that be easily done.

Is it student loans? I've never really understood why people can't. Money is a touchy subject with people you know.

I don't understand you non understanding....Not everyone has disposable income

nvm

I am no youngin but there are situations in life that come up that sometimes put people on hard times. That's all

Exactly, honestly we were doing great a few years ago and were almost debt free, could do most anything we wanted then my husband got crushed by an excavator at work, was in a wheelchair for 6 months. Couldn't work for a year and a half and we have been paying for it ever since. Unfortunately it wasn't his fault nor was it equipment failure or anything like that. Just a co-worker's negligence. There's no one to "sue" to make up for our lost income and increase in other bills due to this. It was just bad luck and bad timing that completely changed our lives in about 2 seconds. It's hard and it sucks and I am tired of it but it's what we were dealt. I will be glad when I can quit working so damn hard to make up for it.

That truly blows, were you all stuck with all of the medical bills too?

Fortunately workman's comp took care of that. There were millions in medical bills. We would have truly had to file bankruptcy if so. But WM'S comp did not even begin to cover the lost income that he brought in. Plus we had to hire a lawyer to get that out of them. They covered about a third of his lost income for a year and a half. That's a lot of lost income that I had to make up through extra jobs. Also drained our nest egg we had going. He is back to work now but unable to work as much as he did before considering his whole pelvis and upper thighs are screwed back together.

Did I ever think something like would happen to us, hell no I didn't! Don't ever think that you will always be financially secure, it can change in the blink of an eye. Literally.

This is the kind of story that should be shared by people when trying to persuade someone to but disability insurance.

Right, with his new employer they offer all of that, aflac, short term and long term disability.. bet your sweet *kitten* we signed up for it as soon as we could.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    How nice it would be to win $700 Millon even if I had to split it with 50 co-workers who went in for the tickets.

Right. I don't even have to be rich, I just want enough to be debt free and be able to do whatever I want whenever I want even if I still have to work.

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

Being rich would be amazing, but my dream is to be comfortable enough to be able to say, "I want to go somewhere nice on holiday this year," and actually have that be easily done.

Is it student loans? I've never really understood why people can't. Money is a touchy subject with people you know.

I don't understand you non understanding....Not everyone has disposable income

nvm

I am no youngin but there are situations in life that come up that sometimes put people on hard times. That's all

Exactly, honestly we were doing great a few years ago and were almost debt free, could do most anything we wanted then my husband got crushed by an excavator at work, was in a wheelchair for 6 months. Couldn't work for a year and a half and we have been paying for it ever since. Unfortunately it wasn't his fault nor was it equipment failure or anything like that. Just a co-worker's negligence. There's no one to "sue" to make up for our lost income and increase in other bills due to this. It was just bad luck and bad timing that completely changed our lives in about 2 seconds. It's hard and it sucks and I am tired of it but it's what we were dealt. I will be glad when I can quit working so damn hard to make up for it.

That truly blows, were you all stuck with all of the medical bills too?

Fortunately workman's comp took care of that. There were millions in medical bills. We would have truly had to file bankruptcy if so. But WM'S comp did not even begin to cover the lost income that he brought in. Plus we had to hire a lawyer to get that out of them. They covered about a third of his lost income for a year and a half. That's a lot of lost income that I had to make up through extra jobs. Also drained our nest egg we had going. He is back to work now but unable to work as much as he did before considering his whole pelvis and upper thighs are screwed back together.

Did I ever think something like would happen to us, hell no I didn't! Don't ever think that you will always be financially secure, it can change in the blink of an eye. Literally.

This is the kind of story that should be shared by people when trying to persuade someone to but disability insurance.

Right, with his new employer they offer all of that, aflac, short term and long term disability.. bet your sweet *kitten* we signed up for it as soon as we could.

I have all sorts of insurances that people think are dumb, but you know what that means based on my luck? I will be protected from all the bad stuff because I am "wasting" the money on the insurances. So in the end I am okay with it.

I am ok with it too. We have had it in the past, unfortunately the employer he was with at the time of the accident only offered health insurance. None of the extras. I told him not to take the job but I lost that fight. I just had a bad feeling about the company from the get go but it is what it is now.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Starbucks Grande Quad Americano has officially kicked in. :smiley:
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

What's in one of those?

4 shots of espresso and water.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

What's in one of those?

Holy smokes! I would probably strip naked and run 20 miles.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

What's in one of those?

Are you flying yet?

What's in one of those?

:D I might clear this one aisle at work and attempt some cartwheels.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

What's in one of those?

Wanna go get some coffee?

You're buying?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

What's in one of those?

Are you flying yet?

What's in one of those?

:D I might clear this one aisle at work and attempt some cartwheels.

:D

What's in one of those?

Wanna go get some coffee?

You're buying?

A cup of joe for a naked 20? Yup.

I feel I should be honest, it's either going to be a naked 20 or I will be sitting in the corner rocking, feeling my hair grow and freaking out. You will be taking a 50/50 chance here. Bonus is I might still strip naked either way.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I hate when some people suffer.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

Conversely, some people deserve it. I have a list.

I almost added that I secretly smile when I see certain people suffer, but I kept that off. LOL
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Now if we're talking about face punching, I need a thicker book than that. LOL
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Most people have multiple volumes.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Because you have so many names or because that book wouldn't hurt enough?

Um, yes. :lol:
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Most people have multiple volumes.

I wouldn't have multiple volumes for certain people. Those people deserve a body slam, or a hit to the head with an object. :lol: