Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I hate when some people suffer.

Conversely, some people deserve it. I have a list.

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Now if we're talking about face punching, I need a thicker book than that. LOL

Most people have multiple volumes.

I wouldn't have multiple volumes for certain people. Those people deserve a body slam, or a hit to the head with an object. :lol:

Lol. I will need two books. Sure, violence is the answer for some, but there are a select group that I prefer to inflict emotional trauma on. Cuts and bruises heal, I like to really leave my mark.

:lol: some people deserve the prolonged suffering. I thought no I would feel better, and my relationship with that person, would be better once I get that punch, hit or slam out.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I hate when some people suffer.

Conversely, some people deserve it. I have a list.

gasjxhyn6uqr.jpg

Now if we're talking about face punching, I need a thicker book than that. LOL

Most people have multiple volumes.

I wouldn't have multiple volumes for certain people. Those people deserve a body slam, or a hit to the head with an object. :lol:

Lol. I will need two books. Sure, violence is the answer for some, but there are a select group that I prefer to inflict emotional trauma on. Cuts and bruises heal, I like to really leave my mark.

:lol: some people deserve the prolonged suffering. I thought no I would feel better, and my relationship with that person, would be better once I get that punch, hit or slam out.

If one of y'all can add my Ex's name to this list I would be much appreciative.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I feel like a granny because I brought my mini sewing kit to work so that I could fix a button on the shirt I'm wearing

Was it an exquisite ivory button?

tumblr_inline_mmcoyvjuLD1qz4rgp.bmp
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Edging
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Sometimes forgiving others is extremely hard, so it's no surprise that forgiving oneself is ten times more difficult.

I get this. I used to be like that. I carried so much guilt over something that happened so long and it affected most aspects of my life until I decided enough was enough. Forgave myself, forgave the other person and now i realize that forgiving the people who hurt me it's so much better than carrying that with you. It's toxic to your soul. I live a better life now, now that I know forgiveness can be done.

I carry a lot of guilt over failed relationships (friends/family). Some of it is internalized, but a lot of it is because of how I was treated while I was engaging in those relationships. In a similar vein, having survived sexual assault, there is a lot of guilt wrapped up that as well (even though I know deep down that what happened to me was not my fault). So for me to be able to forgive myself (finally) for the one, but not the other just ceased making sense to me. I also think it was causing me a lot of unnecessary anger.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Sometimes forgiving others is extremely hard, so it's no surprise that forgiving oneself is ten times more difficult.

Another good sign. You expect more from yourself than you do others, indicating an excellent moral compass.

Personal growth is good. Just a pity I had to learn a lot of things through numerous trial and error. I suppose that's how it's supposed to be, though. :)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Currently, I am wondering how many "second chances" you should give someone you know/knew. Is it worth it to keep giving them chances or is there a cutoff when you say "No, I've had enough."? If a person has proven consistently that they are unreliable, self-absorbed and/or only interested in your company when no one else will pay attention to them, is there really a point?

I feel ten years' worth of second chances is probably several hundred chances too many.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Currently, I am wondering how many "second chances" you should give someone you know/knew. Is it worth it to keep giving them chances or is there a cutoff when you say "No, I've had enough."? If a person has proven consistently that they are unreliable, self-absorbed and/or only interested in your company when no one else will pay attention to them, is there really a point?

I feel ten years' worth of second chances is probably several hundred chances too many.

I'm the type who gives several hundred chances. I forgive over and over and over until I reach the level where I'm totally done, then there is absolutely no turning back. No more chances. Although I'll forgive, I'll no longer accept.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

I'm the type who gives several hundred chances. I forgive over and over and over until I reach the level where I'm totally done, then there is absolutely no turning back. No more chances. Although I'll forgive, I'll no longer accept.

I think I've finally reached that point, honestly. Total forgiveness is taking some time, but I'd rather do that than be angry about this for the rest of my life.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I give WAY too many chances but once I am done, I am done. I will keep giving chances till that point then once I have had enough whether it be 6 months or years, I can turn as cold as an ice cube in an instant and never look back. I think ten years worth is quite enough. You have to look out for you and that sounds extremely draining.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, as some of you know, i had a baby lastnight, he is good and doing all the things hes supposed to, but his lungs weren't quite ready to be used, so he is in NICU. For all you prayers out there, We would appreciate all the praying we can get. Sorry to be the pity party guy but really thats whats on my mind

Congrats on the baby, and prayers heading his way.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Hey guys, as some of you know, i had a baby lastnight, he is good and doing all the things hes supposed to, but his lungs weren't quite ready to be used, so he is in NICU. For all you prayers out there, We would appreciate all the praying we can get. Sorry to be the pity party guy but really thats whats on my mind

Congratulations and absolutely prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family. <3
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

I think I've finally reached that point, honestly. Total forgiveness is taking some time, but I'd rather do that than be angry about this for the rest of my life.

Good for you. Forgiveness is about yourself and not the person who wronged you.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wonder at what age women start wearing big gaudy jewelry all the time. I also wonder if there's a male equivalent kind of fashion I need to avoid as I get older.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

My grandmother used to tell me this, but I still can't understand why it helps or how to do it.

To me somethings are unforgivable.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

My grandmother used to tell me this, but I still can't understand why it helps or how to do it.

To me somethings are unforgivable.

I am with you. I can understand how holding onto things and constantly over thinking them can be detrimental. I so understand the need to let yourself be at peace. But it doesn't mean I will forgive everything. Some things just can't be forgiven.