Options

Replies

• fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    fjmartini wrote: »
    My insecurities and how to get over them.

Any advice is welcome :smile:

What are some of them?

Biggest one is speaking my mind and not having people look at me with blank stares like I did or said something wrong or them being upset or offended.

I guess that insecurity leads me into the other big one...that I am unlikable or put people off.

And that leads into why do I care? About any of the above mentioned...does it matter?

It doesn't really matter in the big picture.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

What are some of them?

Biggest one is speaking my mind and not having people look at me with blank stares like I did or said something wrong or them being upset or offended.

I guess that insecurity leads me into the other big one...that I am unlikable or put people off.

And that leads into why do I care? About any of the above mentioned...does it matter?

It doesn't really matter in the big picture.

True, but in the "small picture" or day to day it's awkward (for me)

I often unabashedly speak my mind, just say my honest and random thoughts...but the responses I get make me feel like I did something wrong.

I'm trying to not care, and I do get over it...but I hold back more than I want to I guess because of negative responses.

• Vikka_V
    Options

What are some of them?

Some people are going to get upset or offended regardless, you have no control over that. I think it's the same with being liked by some and not by others. I think speaking your mind is empowering and I do it often but I have learned that timing is everything and I always assess the situation and ask myself beforehand "is this necessary and/or the right time" before I launch into a rant :D

I'm super bad with that...I've been told I'm cold and just rude or a *kitten*...something for me to work on
    kace_kay wrote: »

What are some of them?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

:heart: :heart: good point!

It's funny tho because I don't mean to offend...but I can't lie...and apparently lack tact often!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

What are some of them?

Some people are going to get upset or offended regardless, you have no control over that. I think it's the same with being liked by some and not by others. I think speaking your mind is empowering and I do it often but I have learned that timing is everything and I always assess the situation and ask myself beforehand "is this necessary and/or the right time" before I launch into a rant :D

I'm super bad with that...I've been told I'm cold and just rude or a *kitten*...something for me to work on

What are some of them?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

It's funny tho because I don't mean to offend...but I can't lie...and apparently lack tact often!

You seem to be doing just fine right now, very tactful and honest and most importantly of all... Genuine

One take away from the Dali Lama in the book of Joy that I got is that we are basically all the same, we all wish to be happy and to not suffer at our cores...

He says that when you think of yourself as different, you automatically set up barriers between you and everyone else which makes it hard to relax and relate to people because you have already decided that you are different...

For myself, this is a daily struggle... So I sort of understand where you are coming from.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

What are some of them?

What are some of them?

You seem to be doing just fine right now, very tactful and honest and most importantly of all... Genuine

One take away from the Dali Lama in the book of Joy that I got is that we are basically all the same, we all wish to be happy and to not suffer at our cores...

He says that when you think of yourself as different, you automatically set up barriers between you and everyone else which makes it hard to relax and relate to people because you have already decided that you are different...

For myself, this is a daily struggle... So I sort of understand where you are coming from.

Thank-you...that helps me a lot!

I'm glad you see genuine, because I am.

The bolded is a great point, and it's probably hard to not do for most people.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A dream. It felt so real and how it's going to be on my mind all day.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Same here. Now I need someone to explain to me why motor oil would be leaking from the roof of my car and taste like chocolate syrup. I also need to know why people were sitting and stretching in one lane, while traffic whipped by in the other lane. I'm tired.

I love dream interpretation, since it's mostly bogus anyway. I'm going to take a shot:
    The chocolate oil leaking into your car shows that you thrive on chaos. (I imagine you were sitting in the drivers seat with your head back and mouth open to catch it)
    The traffic? Uh... I don't know. What lane were you in?
  • WorkerDrone83
    edited August 2017
    Options

Same here. Now I need someone to explain to me why motor oil would be leaking from the roof of my car and taste like chocolate syrup. I also need to know why people were sitting and stretching in one lane, while traffic whipped by in the other lane. I'm tired.

I love dream interpretation, since it's mostly bogus anyway. I'm going to take a shot:
    The chocolate oil leaking into your car shows that you thrive on chaos. (I imagine you were sitting in the drivers seat with your head back and mouth open to catch it)

I was pulled off to the side because my engine just seized due to lack of chocolate oil apparently. The oil hit the side of my face and i wiped it with my hand, then tasted it. The street I was on was a street near my hometown that I used to cruise up and down as a kid.

Hmmm. You're feeling like you're being left behind; that something is holding you back, but you're determined to make the best of the situation... or something about your mother. I don't know, I was only a Psych major for a year. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

I was pulled off to the side because my engine just seized due to lack of chocolate oil apparently. The oil hit the side of my face and i wiped it with my hand, then tasted it. The street I was on was a street near my hometown that I used to cruise up and down as a kid.

Hmmm. You're feeling like you're being left behind; that something is holding you back, but you're determined to make the best of the situation... or something about your mother. I don't know, I was only a Psych major for a year. :D

I disagree..all that chocolate oil..definitely sexual :laugh:
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Cant understand why wife refuses to be happy no mater what I do... smh

Change your attitude and your life will change after it
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I'm naturally enthusiastic and kind, don't know how to, nor want to be anything less...

I realize people either love you or hate you for it, regardless I'm just thankful it's Friday and I feel pretty damn good!

I try to be this way too, and that is totally true. Dont let the *kitten* get you down
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Reading the hobbit to Ezra
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

How is little Ezra doing?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

OMG you named him Ezra... That's super bad *kitten*!
    Best luck man, hope you get to bringm home soon!
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    Coaching a soccer team of 3 and 4 year-olds this weekend is going to be hilarious!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    It's funny how some people blatantly try to cockblock.
    #Noshame
    #thirsty
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    It's funny how some people blatantly try to cockblock.
    #Noshame
    #thirsty

It's even funnier when it's on a fitness site.. like the reality of it actuality of it really happening is a cockblock in itself.