What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Wow, I missed a lot.

When I first came to the forums, I had no idea who was ‘cool’. I only knew who made me feel welcome ( @beingmore1 ) and who made me laugh til I cried ( @cee134 @MeeseeksAndDestroy ).

There are a lot of people I like now that completely ignored me until I started inserting myself in their conversations. :sweat_smile:

I didn’t notice @hellvee at all. Not even once. Until he had been here a month and started joking around with me.

I guess I’ve learned that people come and go, they change their pics and screen names, and more often than not I’m looking at what is being said, not who’s saying it, so I don’t notice new people right away.

I know there are people who have been here this whole time who I have never interacted with, nor them with me. I don’t sweat it. It doesn’t mean I’m mad. It doesn’t mean they’re aloof.

I hear a lot about cliques here. I kinda get it, I kinda don’t. I felt like an outsider in high school so I know what it’s like to hate the ‘cliques’. But here.. we didn’t all grow up together. Some have been here years, some only a few weeks or months. Inside jokes will come up. Stay long enough and soon you’ll understand some of them. Don’t begrudge the others the things that made them laugh before you came along.

If I’m in a clique, I’m unaware. I gravitate toward people who are positive, laid back, and thrive on the ridiculous. I will sometimes be serious, usually a dork, and almost never a jerk. You won’t hurt my feelings and if I hurt yours, it was a misunderstanding.

This is my longest post ever, if you read this far please click insightful. I hardly have any. :wink:

Oh and @SEAHORSES4EVER I would be crushed if you quit coming around. You don’t even know what a ray of sunshine you are, you and your dark soul. :smirk:

TLDR...

giphy.gif

I still like you.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Wow, I missed a lot.

When I first came to the forums, I had no idea who was ‘cool’. I only knew who made me feel welcome ( @beingmore1 ) and who made me laugh til I cried ( @cee134 @MeeseeksAndDestroy ).

There are a lot of people I like now that completely ignored me until I started inserting myself in their conversations. :sweat_smile:

I didn’t notice @hellvee at all. Not even once. Until he had been here a month and started joking around with me.

I guess I’ve learned that people come and go, they change their pics and screen names, and more often than not I’m looking at what is being said, not who’s saying it, so I don’t notice new people right away.

I know there are people who have been here this whole time who I have never interacted with, nor them with me. I don’t sweat it. It doesn’t mean I’m mad. It doesn’t mean they’re aloof.

I hear a lot about cliques here. I kinda get it, I kinda don’t. I felt like an outsider in high school so I know what it’s like to hate the ‘cliques’. But here.. we didn’t all grow up together. Some have been here years, some only a few weeks or months. Inside jokes will come up. Stay long enough and soon you’ll understand some of them. Don’t begrudge the others the things that made them laugh before you came along.

If I’m in a clique, I’m unaware. I gravitate toward people who are positive, laid back, and thrive on the ridiculous. I will sometimes be serious, usually a dork, and almost never a jerk. You won’t hurt my feelings and if I hurt yours, it was a misunderstanding.

This is my longest post ever, if you read this far please click insightful. I hardly have any. :wink:

Oh and @SEAHORSES4EVER I would be crushed if you quit coming around. You don’t even know what a ray of sunshine you are, you and your dark soul. :smirk:

TLDR...

giphy.gif

I still like you.

Just shush and click insightful.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed a lot.

I read and clicked insightful.

I have been here over 3 years btw, no cliques for me, I just kinda float around in my own world when I am here! lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have been from the best cliques.
    For realz.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    It should be a rule... in chit chat, seriousness is not allowed. Lol! That way people won't get hurt. Assume everyone is a sarcastic *kitten*. :lol: I kid I kid... I love most of you freaks :heart:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I just try to fit in whenever. I'm really bad at trying to figure some things out and occasionally I seem to piss people off, even when that's not my intent. I'm a smartass, but not a malicious one.

Anyone who'd accuse you of being malicious doesn't know you. You are a very kind soul
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have a rule, don't take shiz here so seriously. /end story
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    It should be a rule... in chit chat, seriousness is not allowed. Lol! That way people won't get hurt. Assume everyone is a sarcastic *kitten*. :lol: I kid I kid... I love most of you freaks :heart:

Exactly. I thought that was the idea. It's light hearted, cheesy, sarcastic, and full of dad-jokes.

It's the one form of social media [for me] right that isn't full of politics and conflict. Even the gun discussion today was very civil I thought.

Oh I know! I barely go on Facebook and had to unfollow my own father because of the political *kitten*. Here, theres a little Fitness/health conversation mixed in with a bunch of sarcastic comments and open innocent flirting.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    That apple dutch pie I have on the counter that I baked yesterday. I already had a piece for breakdast...but it's tempting me to eat it again.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    That apple dutch pie I have on the counter that I baked yesterday. I already had a piece for breakdast...but it's tempting me to eat it again.

martha i offer myself as tribute

Come on over
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This place used to be fun, I'd come into the forums and know I'd be laughing at all the wit and humour thrown about. I met some really great people on here and admired others from afar. However, recently I feel like it's a competition of who can be the biggest b!tch to others, who can put people down the most. It's boring. That's what's on my mind.

If you think this post is about you then maybe it is.

;)
    j58rzjmh7xrv.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed a lot.

You had me at @cee134

v5itbmio55b3.gif