What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with my new coat. I bought it to replace one that was worn out and filled an essential function (waterproof, still warm at temps around freezing) and it's way way way better. How can it be so warm and feather light?

Anyway bless this thread for giving my stupid thoughts a place to reside.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    Options
    I woke up with no eyebrows and almost no lashes 😔 they have thinned out since treatments so I guess I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. This may sound stupid but I think this affects me more than my hair loss. I don't even want to look in the mirror anymore. One more reason to keep staying home.mq0tvpczw9m1.jpg

I know it can be of little solace, but I'm just incredibly moved and inspired by you everyday... And not just because of what you're going through...

You are as COURAGEOUS, as you are BEAUTIFUL!

Why these things seem to happen to the best of us, we are not meant to know I guess...

But my ❤️, and 💭 to you every day!
    Rooting for you Mama!

What he said. 👆❤️
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Yesterday an old friend who lives far from me wrote on Facebook that she misses my weirdness. A couple of days ago another old friend said that I am quirky and funny and have a unique point of view.

It’s good to know people who appreciate me for who I am - especially because I can’t be anyone else. 💕

I often wonder about the psychology of this place... I mean, are we all a little weird? I mean it's not like there are 50k people using chit-chat 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Probably a really small core group of people who come and go comparative to all the rest of the forums as a whole...

Is there just something about this place that attracts people like us to it... Or are we just the ones who found it...

Why are my coworkers playing candy crush and I'm here 🤔... It's kinda almost odd honestly...

Self-selecting for oddballs. Maybe. Or people who like to talk about ideas.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Yesterday an old friend who lives far from me wrote on Facebook that she misses my weirdness. A couple of days ago another old friend said that I am quirky and funny and have a unique point of view.

It’s good to know people who appreciate me for who I am - especially because I can’t be anyone else. 💕

I often wonder about the psychology of this place... I mean, are we all a little weird? I mean it's not like there are 50k people using chit-chat 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Probably a really small core group of people who come and go comparative to all the rest of the forums as a whole...

Is there just something about this place that attracts people like us to it... Or are we just the ones who found it...

Why are my coworkers playing candy crush and I'm here 🤔... It's kinda almost odd honestly...

Self-selecting for oddballs. Maybe. Or people who like to talk about ideas.

Eh... You get use to being called that after a while and just embrace it 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

It is kinda weird, and I also think about all the lurkers that just read and dont comment.. then I get paranoid...we are kinda in a fishbowl.

And good question about what draws us here. For me I guess it's the people and freedom to say exactly (or almost exactly) what I want to with little repercussions.

I am intimidated by some of the other forums here...like I have a legit fitness question I want to ask, but don't want to get "attacked" or for people to be "mean" to me (I am laughing at myself for being so sensitive!)

I don't blame you... There is a lot of weight loss zealots on here in various forms, along with encyclopedias of contradicting advice online...

Shoot me a dm anytime you'd like and I'll share with you what I've learned...

And that goes for everyone...

I often wonder about the lurkers to posters ratio as well... Although I think even a lot of us posters lurk often enough... I honestly do 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

It is kinda weird, and I also think about all the lurkers that just read and dont comment.. then I get paranoid...we are kinda in a fishbowl.

And good question about what draws us here. For me I guess it's the people and freedom to say exactly (or almost exactly) what I want to with little repercussions.

I am intimidated by some of the other forums here...like I have a legit fitness question I want to ask, but don't want to get "attacked" or for people to be "mean" to me (I am laughing at myself for being so sensitive!)

insecure people hide behind their screen and feel superior *going off* when someone is being sincere in asking questions. i try to find answers to questions in forums or online so i don't have to *ask* without getting attacked, as you say - i agree with you VV! ideally - support is what we're all after...
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I woke up with no eyebrows and almost no lashes 😔 they have thinned out since treatments so I guess I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. This may sound stupid but I think this affects me more than my hair loss. I don't even want to look in the mirror anymore. One more reason to keep staying home.mq0tvpczw9m1.jpg

This moment does not define you. There are so many more beautiful things about you that are not hair. This is temporary. Hold your head up and boss TF outta this moment.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

thank you for letting us in. Even in your struggle you bring so much love and fun to us. ❤️

And you are a beauty.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

For what it’s worth I think you’re beautiful regardless.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    @_Miss_chievous_
    🙏❤️