What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I’m peeved with my parents. I told them i had coronavirus symptoms and while not confirmed it was probably safest for the community that we assume the worst. Since my parents stayed with me this weekend and are retired and in their late 60s, I told them that since they were exposed, they should probably stay home for a while. They are quite guilty of poo-pooing this whole virus thing and have been visiting people.

My dad says, and I quote: “it’s not possible you have coronavirus because we’re fine and if you were sick, we’d be showing symptoms”

Okay, dad, but an epidemiologist you are clearly not. STAY HOME

Got a message just now that they’re having 4 old people over for lunch tomorrow 🤬

I love my parents but they’re really being obtuse jerks right now

You should have heard my mother's tirade over Bingo being cancelled 🙄 man, is she upset at this cramp in her lifestyle.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    It was in the 70s today.
    I noticed what seemed like every mother in town with a stroller and kids.
    Everyone was outside walking, running, playing basketball at the park.
    It got me thinking, is it enough to be outside if you’re still around a group of people (basketball)?
    If 4 moms and their 6 kids are standing together talking while on a walk, that’s 10 people.
    Is that really good enough?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I’m peeved with my parents. I told them i had coronavirus symptoms and while not confirmed it was probably safest for the community that we assume the worst. Since my parents stayed with me this weekend and are retired and in their late 60s, I told them that since they were exposed, they should probably stay home for a while. They are quite guilty of poo-pooing this whole virus thing and have been visiting people.

My dad says, and I quote: “it’s not possible you have coronavirus because we’re fine and if you were sick, we’d be showing symptoms”

Got a message just now that they’re having 4 old people over for lunch tomorrow 🤬

You should have heard my mother's tirade over Bingo being cancelled 🙄 man, is she upset at this cramp in her lifestyle.

Right? “You know what else cramps your lifestyle? When all your friends die because you KILL THEM”

/angst

Yep.. Sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall.
    I'm sure she sees my mouth moving but doesnt hear what's coming out 😒
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

Right? “You know what else cramps your lifestyle? When all your friends die because you KILL THEM”

/angst

lerz63whcco6.gif
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Getting out the 120s has been really tough. I’m sick n tired
    xs567txr565p.gif
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I'm finding that it's the people who should be the most concerned are the ones with a cavalier attitude about it."it's just the fluuuuuuuuuu,ffs" says the oldest ,least healthiest guy in my office.

Now,better call my parents and make sure my Mom is keeping my Dad in check .
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »

I'm finding that it's the people who should be the most concerned are the ones with a cavalier attitude about it."it's just the fluuuuuuuuuu,ffs" says the oldest ,least healthiest guy in my office.

Now,better call my parents and make sure my Mom is keeping my Dad in check .

😂
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Quarantine got me like..

b1zbtfotrlac.jpg

😆😆😆

Not sure I'd want to know what it says about me......
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Quarantine got me like..

b1zbtfotrlac.jpg

😆😆😆

Not sure I'd want to know what it says about me......

This is what I got. I'm going to bed 😒😅

s4cotafq7ecd.jpg

Get some good rest, T. 😊
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,137 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

/angst

lerz63whcco6.gif

This is a phrase I legit say at least weekly. 🤣
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    🎶"something inside has died, and I can't hide it, I just can't fake it...."🎶
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I guess my oldest son got dumped today. While I feel bad for him, I married the person I started dating when I was 16 and I personally don’t recommend it. Even though she was super sweet and I feel badly I believe things unfold as they should.

Yup - young hearts heal - he’ll be fine