What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So I'm watching my weekly Tarrot reading and they're talking about having someone to go that gives sound advice and I realized that I have no one like that in my life. Someone I think is wise. That role is usually mine, people come to me for advice. Not that they follow it but mAyBe that's the right move? 😅😭 I just spew all my problems into the internet void with no requirement of feedback. If I can't figure it out myself it just doesn't get done. Probably a problem I should fix but meh. Just do as I say not as I do! Burn some sage about it! 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Homemade bread. I'm thinking this will happen soon.

i think this was also said about apple pie last week???? :p

It was actually banana bread but my household vetoed against it 😒 and I am not about to eat 3 loafs of it myself lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    What should I take out of the freezer? Salmon or steak? Can’t decide what I want for dinner tonight.....

Honey badger...
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Too funny. I was writing a grocery list and I just wrote down active dry yeast because I'm finally going to put my Kitchenaid dough hook to work and make homemade bread for the first time.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Are most of you logging to MFP through phones or a laptop, or even a PC? Just curious which kind of device you use for MFP.

I would make a thread but I seem to have a ban on my account and I don't have the privilege to create threads, oops.. I shouldn't have posted some religious memes before, anyway...

Usually my phone or laptop.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    my dad is sick with a bad cold and cough, and already has a compromised immune system... scary enough to think it could be covid-19

Oh no!! Hope he is getting the support he needs to make him as comfortable as possible. Hugs.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    This is all just so surreal, the world just feels different now...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    There's a homeless man who's always at one of the gas stations here close to my house. He's really friendly and never asks for anything. I usually buy him a coffee and a muffin or something when I go there and see him around. He hasn't been there the last 3 times I've stopped there lately which is unusual because he's been around there for over 1 year. I can't help but worry if he's ok with everything going on.

You’re honestly the sweetest person ever. Hope he’s ok.❤️
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    There's a homeless man who's always at one of the gas stations here close to my house. He's really friendly and never asks for anything. I usually buy him a coffee and a muffin or something when I go there and see him around. He hasn't been there the last 3 times I've stopped there lately which is unusual because he's been around there for over 1 year. I can't help but worry if he's ok with everything going on.

You've got an amazing heart. 💛
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    my dad is sick with a bad cold and cough, and already has a compromised immune system... scary enough to think it could be covid-19

Hope he feels better soon.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options

Too funny. I was writing a grocery list and I just wrote down active dry yeast because I'm finally going to put my Kitchenaid dough hook to work and make homemade bread for the first time.

You will love it! I use mine for bread and pizza dough a lot. Maybe the average person knows this...I did not. Keep the kitchen aid on setting 1. It has more torque at that speed and won’t strip your gears. I found that out the hard way. Also, I’ve found setting a timer for 5 minutes seems to work for all doughs. Hope it works well for you!! (Also, instant yeast is a game changer if you make bread often. I’ve only found it at Sam’s Club. Not the quick yeast but I think it’s called Instant)
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

You’re honestly the sweetest person ever. Hope he’s ok.❤️
    cdubks88 wrote: »

You've got an amazing heart. 💛

He's a really good person and I'm not the only one who buys him things ❤ he really never asked once for anything which is probably why people are so kind to him. It just makes me sad to think of all of those people who probably don't really know what's going on.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Well if where you live is like CA, due to Coronavirus, the homeless are being hauled to shelters ( abandoned schools etc) to ensure that proper tallies are being kept for better population management. Canada is usually ahead of the curve on humane treatment, so I hope that is what has transpired.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I wonder if we'll have a Pandemic Baby Boom in 9 months. The generation will be Generation Covid19. Maybe Generation Corona.