The only thing "sexy" about me is my shadow. :grimace:
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    No,
    no matter how politely you ask,
    no.

Well.... if I don't ask, the answer is always 'No'.

Big brain right there
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Nevermind 😁😇

Sup K - where’s that drunk and tipsy thread 😂
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    dang you saw what i wrote! lol. you're too quick for me, girl. :D

I didn’t see the post but I say - go with your gut yo - it’s usually the right choice
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Weekend.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I were different. More romantic, less practical. More cheerful, less pragmatic. Content with being one-sided instead of always knowing there are other perspectives I need to see. More open to... fragility. More ordinary.

Gnight y’all. I’ve enjoyed your company today.

Ordinary is banal. 😉
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Stay at home if at all possible. Don't venture to the stores (at least in the U.S.). I stood in line for over an hour OUTSIDE of a store front simply because I wanted crochet thread to finish a project I've been working on for over a year. I couldn't obtain it online unless I wanted to pay 10 times the amount it's worth.

Went to Michael's (mask in hand) and expected a wait; I did NOT however expect people to be gallivanting around the store in groups of FIVE when the max occupancy for the building was 10, taking over an hour just skylarking at stuff. Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting, six feet apart, outside on a humid Mississippi afternoon. No one was wearing a mask except the employees.

I stood in line for an hour.. to get something that took me less than TWO minutes to find and purchase. I got in and got out, but it infuriates me that there are people out there who are SO INCONSIDERATE of the rest of the folks waiting in line.

P.S. I would have attempted to buy it from Amazon or at an online location, but again.. everywhere was price gauging the yarn, so something that should have been 1.99 per skein ended up being 13.99 for two (to have it shipped to my house with no expediency) or 10+ per skein, not including shipping.

I'm just angry at the inconsiderate nature of people. We all have to make sacrifices and put up with the restrictions, why make it intentionally worse on others simply because you want to "look around" with no real purpose to your being in the store??
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    The grocery store was crazypants. Everyone and their dog was there. I witnessed all kinds of out-of-state cars because I live in a funnel or gateway for tourism. It literally turned my stomach. People are coming from all over the country to escape corona. They're coming here and they're bringing it here by the carloads. Yes, it gives me a really big pinch because I've been doing everything I can for 75 days to protect my family. The grocery store was loaded with out-of-state vehicles. I'm not ready to throw my hands in the air but my state has received a Grade F for sheltering in place. Tourism is the pig trough that everyone goes to for their financial security. I don't care if they close everything down to protect the local yocals but they won't. Money speaks. Follow the money and tourism is the biggest cash cow in town. I'm sad. Yes, I am. I want to live, live, live. I want my family to go on living. Yes, I do. No one has all of the answers but we've got to use our heads besides something to part our ears with. Come on, now. That's what's on my mind. :/
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    So, I went to the grocery store yesterday and walked down the health & beauty aisle (to be honest, there was nothing beautiful about it.... I digress).

Anyway, there was several shelves of hair dye and down at the very end of the row was a box or do-it-yerself Red Hair Dye.

I thought, that might be an okay thing to do during the lockdown. Also thinking that maybe I should just dye my beard bright red.

i3y5sb2kgy7z.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So, I went to the grocery store yesterday and walked down the health & beauty aisle (to be honest, there was nothing beautiful about it.... I digress).

Anyway, there was several shelves of hair dye and down at the very end of the row was a box or do-it-yerself Red Hair Dye.

I thought, that might be an okay thing to do during the lockdown. Also thinking that maybe I should just dye my beard bright red.

Do it!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Do it!

Seconded. Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!!
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So... This just happened a few minutes ago. I'm here at home completely alone. I just finished my workout and hit the showers. I jump in and a couple of minutes in the water pressure drops like somebody's running the water in the kitchen. Then pressure evens out again. Then it goes cold... again. There's nobody here. The house locked.
    qt6idst2re4h.png
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

you've dyed your hair a lot, right?

mine is dark brown (see my avatar; it's accurate .)

anyway.... I think I might need to do this.

If nothing else, I haven't shaved for five weeks and I could just dye my beard, right?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

If nothing else, I haven't shaved for five weeks and I could just dye my beard, right?

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Damn! I came in here just to say I had a cheeseburger and greasy fries on my mind. You quickly changed my mind with this vision. You just saved me a ton of calories, I thanks you. ♥
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Yup, too much, probably. If you want it to be bright *kitten* red, you'll have to bleach your hair a bit first. Beard hair probably no longer than 10 minutes.

If you want a deeper, more auburn/violet red, don't bleach your hair.

Pics or it didn't happen, yo.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Damn! I came in here just to say I had a cheeseburger and greasy fries on my mind. You quickly changed my mind with this vision. You just saved me a ton of calories, I thanks you. ♥

😬.. you're welcome 😁