What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    As I take my break walking around the grounds, I'm thinking about what I saw on my way in to work this morning. There was a line about 80 cars deep at Starbucks - no exaggeration. I wonder if they are out trying to feel some sense of normalcy, or looking for comfort in their usual routine. What made me even more intrigued by this image was the fact that they were willing to wait on such a long line. It wasn't too long ago I was grabbing a cup of coffee and there were only 4 cars in line. The lady in the car behind me proceeds to honk on her horn and she can be seen flailing her arms all around in an inpatient rant. Are we Americans learning lessons during this current crisis? Are we reflecting as we're waiting, and being thankful for these simple pleasures we take for granted on a daily basis? As for me, I am blessed with patience, but there are definitely things I'm finding out about myself that are in need of work. I'm not necessarily looking for answers here....just thinking out loud.

patience?

Ima fixin to kill a *kitten* or two, I damn sure am.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Why couldn’t I be home drinking champagne 🍾
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    I’m so glad I’m home. Today was tough at work. Coming home feels right.
  • mommabear4315
    edited April 2020
    Options
    be0c5w86l17b.jpeg
    I’m thinking about how much I love my iridescent champagne flukes. 🥂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Lunch.. spicy BBQ pork ribs
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    be0c5w86l17b.jpeg

I have those! They are really pretty to look at
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I had some amazing dreams last night. I was dating Halsey and she was 👌 a good kisser.
    Then I was trying to get into this fancy restaurant with my own spaghetti because I really didn't want to be there but had a obligation to show up and the staff was stopping me and I go, "look, I married into the Kardashian family and that's where I'm going." 👀 looks like I get a little money and don't know how to act!
    Some old rich guy was telling me about his amputated leg not fitting right in his prosthetic and I said maybe it was swollen? He asked me if I studied nursing back in the day and I said no, I was poor and had to figure *kitten* out myself and we chuckled and shared a hallmark moment.
    Why did I have to wake up???
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    be0c5w86l17b.jpeg

I have those! They are really pretty to look at

Right! They make me happy bc they’re a party of their own. Lol. Have a great day! Happy Friday! 😊
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling trying to keep my daughter's wedding moving. We still have time (wedding is June 26th) but it's seriously breaking my heart that she may not have the wedding that she wants.

*Big hugs*
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling trying to keep my daughter's wedding moving. We still have time (wedding is June 26th) but it's seriously breaking my heart that she may not have the wedding that she wants.

Hope everything works out for you all. I'm sure you're doing everything you can.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

This sucks - hopefully it will go on as planned
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Am feeling rather stressed about moving back to LA ... I need my hair coloured, cut & styled, my mani-pedi done ... I also need to overhaul my whole wardrobe because farm/ranch clothes are not going to cut it - so, I would like to get into Neiman Marcus ( apparently business is teetering -omg) minimum as my one stop.

With CA being uncertain about a restarting the economy date ... Uggghh!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Realizing that dying my hair may no longer be an option. I'm in my mid-thirties and have been having increasingly more gray/silver hairs pop up since I turned 30. Those hairs are 100% resistant to ALL dyes, even permanent ones.

Can a person more savvy than I am about the ways and biology of hair explain to me why this is? Even my non-gray hair is very resistant to dye now. It will color, but even if it's "permanent" dye, it slides off the hair follicle in like.. two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not concerned about "going gray". I just accept that it's gonna happen, but I'm a bit bummed about not being able to play with color anymore. It's become a waste of money and time. :(
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Realizing that dying my hair may no longer be an option. I'm in my mid-thirties and have been having increasingly more gray/silver hairs pop up since I turned 30. Those hairs are 100% resistant to ALL dyes, even permanent ones.

Can a person more savvy than I am about the ways and biology of hair explain to me why this is? Even my non-gray hair is very resistant to dye now. It will color, but even if it's "permanent" dye, it slides off the hair follicle in like.. two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not concerned about "going gray". I just accept that it's gonna happen, but I'm a bit bummed about not being able to play with color anymore. It's become a waste of money and time. :(

Are you using box dyes at home? Do you dye more often than once every 6-8 wks? If so, you have probably blown the cuticles and the hair will not hold the color. It will basically just bleed and wash out. It's probably best to not color, keep it trimmed and let your hair heal for a while. Maybe try a couple of conditioning treatments to help smooth the cuticles again.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Are you using box dyes at home? Do you dye more often than once every 6-8 wks? If so, you have probably blown the cuticles and the hair will not hold the color. It will basically just bleed and wash out. It's probably best to not color, keep it trimmed and let your hair heal for a while. Maybe try a couple of conditioning treatments to help smooth the cuticles again.

Thank you - I’m having similar issues
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Pretty much why I started bleaching 😬