Seems to be broken
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    😂😂😂😂
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Son’s friend works for National Weather Service.
    He sent this photo, apparently this hail fell yesterday in Texas.
    It was just shy of the state record.
    😮
    jhdfykchqep5.jpeg
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So this seems like the best forum to post my frustration on. I’m so upset I’m crying. I weigh a lot. I started at over 290 lbs and this morning I was under 280 which to me was a victory. I have an accountability buddy who believes I need to follow everything she does to be successful. Did I workout today? No I was in too much pain would be my response. Then I would hear the disappointment and discouragement about how I’m not even trying and why even bother with me. She weighs every morning and encourages me to do the same to be accountable. If she has a drop I’ll be a cheerleader and tell her that’s great. Or if she sends me a picture I’ll comment that I can really see a difference. I genuinely mean what I’m saying. But do I get the same encouragement back? Not really. She asked if I weighed today and I said yes. She asked if I stayed the same and I said no I was down a pound and a half. Her response is oh. She has way less weight to drop then I do. I still have about 60 lbs on her and I tell her I’m probably going to drop a little faster since I have so much more then she does. I’m constantly being preached to about working out, drinking my water, eating the right stuff. I’m trying I really am. It’s been 22 days now on mfp and I’m still here. It’s just frustrating that my cheerleader doesn’t make me feel good about what I have accomplished. About well I feel a little better now.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    So this seems like the best forum to post my frustration on. I’m so upset I’m crying. I weigh a lot. I started at over 290 lbs and this morning I was under 280 which to me was a victory. I have an accountability buddy who believes I need to follow everything she does to be successful. Did I workout today? No I was in too much pain would be my response. Then I would hear the disappointment and discouragement about how I’m not even trying and why even bother with me. She weighs every morning and encourages me to do the same to be accountable. If she has a drop I’ll be a cheerleader and tell her that’s great. Or if she sends me a picture I’ll comment that I can really see a difference. I genuinely mean what I’m saying. But do I get the same encouragement back? Not really. She asked if I weighed today and I said yes. She asked if I stayed the same and I said no I was down a pound and a half. Her response is oh. She has way less weight to drop then I do. I still have about 60 lbs on her and I tell her I’m probably going to drop a little faster since I have so much more then she does. I’m constantly being preached to about working out, drinking my water, eating the right stuff. I’m trying I really am. It’s been 22 days now on mfp and I’m still here. It’s just frustrating that my cheerleader doesn’t make me feel good about what I have accomplished. About well I feel a little better now.

Repeat after me...

"Ghost protocol initiated..."

That's the thing that aggravates me so much about people in the fitness industry... Everyone is a freaking expert based on the latest fitness article they read 🙄

Sounds like your partner is mostly in it for themselves, some people get off on themselves and acting like a know it all...

• Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    Thank you! 🤗.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Thank you! 🤗.

That all being said...

Great work on your success 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼...

I use to weigh over 333lbs... Pretty sure I had maxed out the scale 😂... May have been more 😬

Now I get up nearly every day at 4a and workout for an hour before going to work... Have for years now and I'm going on 5 yrs having more or less maintained my weight loss (180lbs at the most)

I didn't get this way overnight... I've always believed the key to success is not motivation which is fleeting but rather momentum... I couldn't stop myself if I tried at this point...

Small changes over the time ❤️
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    For crying out barbie feet. Just be normal
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    Again thank you and congratulations on your success. I just need to figure out a way to avoid getting derailed by things in my life. That’s always been my downfall in the past. I want to work out more but it’s just so painful right now. My feet have been killing me and I just bought new shoes so it’s not that. I’ll figure it out. But thanks again. Nice to know I’m not invisible.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Again thank you and congratulations on your success. I just need to figure out a way to avoid getting derailed by things in my life. That’s always been my downfall in the past. I want to work out more but it’s just so painful right now. My feet have been killing me and I just bought new shoes so it’s not that. I’ll figure it out. But thanks again. Nice to know I’m not invisible.

You’re not invisible. You’ll figure it out. 💕
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Just be normal

unpossible.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just be normal

unpossible.

Yes, I see that now
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    In 365 days I will be 50. I'll be ready.

I think you typoed young lady.. ;)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Happy 49th birthday!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

Happy birthday! Have a good one
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

May I ask what the foot pain is like?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

Happy Happy Birthday! 🌷💐🎉