What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ... WTF America? I know we have issues (numerous), but I don't think *this* is the way to solve them. :neutral:

Can I stop being on planet Earth for a little while? Is that a thing?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    ... WTF America? I know we have issues (numerous), but I don't think *this* is the way to solve them. :neutral:

If it is a thing, please take me with you.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

If it is a thing, please take me with you.

Noted and will. Let me go work on seeing if I can make it a thing. Maybe we can hitch a ride on Space X next go around.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Possible.. they are trying to go to Mars..
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    Mars might be an improvement. 🤔
  • lx1x
    Options
    And totally missed the launch yesterday.. had to watch the replay.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

the end of days is on our horizon
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Welp, up and time to move back to Japan until that happens. :neutral:
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    I’m just going to keep the tv off for another month or so and remain in my little bubble of ignorance. It’s nice there.
  • lx1x
    Options
    I’m just going to keep the tv off for another month or so and remain in my little bubble of ignorance. It’s nice there.

Scarier.. 😝
  • PaperDoll_
    edited June 2020
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

Scarier.. 😝

Shush. You know all of this is your fault right?

You had to keep talking about it until I had to watch for myself. 🙁
  • lx1x
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

Scarier.. 😝

Shush. You know all of this is your fault right?

Noooo.. 😂
  • Vikka_V
    Options

why? is Japan fun? (good memory for you?)

I'm gonna pack my car and go road tripping, come the end. But first, stay in my comfy apartment as long as possible.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I'm gonna pack my car and go road tripping, come the end. But first, stay in my comfy apartment as long as possible.

I really enjoyed my time living there. Yes, there's a language barrier and I felt like an outsider (being an American with passable Japanese language skills), but everything was convenient to walk to or take a train to get to. Things were well maintained, the convenience stores had the BEST snacks, sushi was amazing (and CHEAP), and there were always a billion festivals or events to go to.

On top of that, I really rather enjoyed learning about the history of the different cities/towns, seeing all the weird and wacky stuff and the weather was quite nice (typhoons excepting).

If I could get away with becoming an expat and live there (IE. find a job and a place to live in some small town there), I would in a heartbeat. Too bad my other half doesn't want to leave the U.S. :pensive:
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I really enjoyed my time living there. Yes, there's a language barrier and I felt like an outsider (being an American with passable Japanese language skills), but everything was convenient to walk to or take a train to get to. Things were well maintained, the convenience stores had the BEST snacks, sushi was amazing (and CHEAP), and there were always a billion festivals or events to go to.

On top of that, I really rather enjoyed learning about the history of the different cities/towns, seeing all the weird and wacky stuff and the weather was quite nice (typhoons excepting).

If I could get away with becoming an expat and live there (IE. find a job and a place to live in some small town there), I would in a heartbeat. Too bad my other half doesn't want to leave the U.S. :pensive:

Did you learn Japanese living there - necessity - or before you went? Curious, my city is very multi national and languages are hard (to me), except a lay gist

Sounds fun as fork tho!!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Did you learn Japanese living there - necessity - or before you went? Curious, my city is very multi national and languages are hard (to me), except a lay gist

Sounds fun as fork tho!!

Both. I knew about a year out that we would be going, so I built up nominal skills beforehand and then improved upon and worked on them while there. Helps that I taught English to Japanese adults at the local park behind our place, so I got some practice in now and then. :)

But I still can't read/write kanji/hiragana to save my life.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options

Well the bubble includes all the platforms of communication. I think it’s a good place. Especially now. Especially forever.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options
    Well my gym won’t be open until late morning just to be safe. So I’ll miss my class I guess. I know it’s a small inconvenience compared to what has happened and what so many are going through.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I am so heartbroken over the pain and the destruction and this legacy we created. We are reaping the whirlwind.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about brain development (ie; intelligence) and the lack of it in some.