What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    So Atlanta is kickin tonight

Whitehouse was/is on lockdown. I guess we'll see what happens.

I posted that 5 minutes before things got really ramped up. Kudos to Atlanta officials and law enforcement for a show of restraint.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I thought they charged that cop with Third Degree Murder..so...isn't that justice? What's the point in burning everything down?

Why are they attacking CNN? Just looking for attention?

Help me out Ameribros...

Edited my MFP moderator
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey guys,

Just a pre-emptive reminder: we do have a rule against discussion of political topics due to the tendency for arguments to get out of control and devolve into name calling. Please remember to stay respectful towards one another with these types of topics and we can all have some interesting discussions 😎

Sincerely,
    4legs
    MFP volunteer moderator
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    will_it_go_round_in_circles Posts: 985 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Is America descending into a dystopian hellhole? I thought they charged that cop with Third Degree Murder..so...isn't that justice? What's the point in burning everything down?

Why are they attacking CNN lol? Just looking for attention...

Help me out Ameribros...

No I wouldn't go that far. For most of the afternoon it was a peaceful but very much present protest for George Floyd and a history of other social injustice. Just as it was starting to break up, a small handful of people who probably don't even know about the cause began to cause heavy property damage.

The Atlanta mayor, IMO, did an outstanding job on holding back her agents and not using a show of force as intimidation. There were officers present, but they were normal patrolmen and not decked out in riot gear. For the most part they were hands off and let the demonstration go up until the point where knives were being thrown.

CNN got attacked simply because that's where they were. There's also a street with several shops and businesses that were broken in to and looted. Several police vehicles were destroyed as well. For a while it looked as if we were headed for full scale riots, but again enforcement did an outstanding job of showing restraint and only worked to contain the mob.

I haven't checked reports yet for injury or death related to it, I'll be shocked if there's none.

TLDR: kinda yeah, but there were positive signs mixed in.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    A. Still working on the tablecloth. I am on the last round, so hopefully, I will finish it today.
    B. Still having issues with the reinforced idea (both here and elsewhere) that if you're female, you are only valuable to society if you are pretty, thin and wear makeup. This idea that continues to be pounded into my brain day in and day out is only serving to drive me further and further away from humans in general... and is making me resentful.

I mean, what's the point?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    On a positive note: We got our "Universal Yums" monthly box today and Jenga at the same time, so it was a fun family night, eating junk food from the UK, taste testing random stuff we found in a convenience store and grading all the things we tasted while trying to dick one another over in Jenga.

Things we tried:
    • Mackies Honey and Mustard Potato Crisps
    • Grandma Wild's Toffee Flapjacks
    • Bristow's Sherbet Lemons, Bucks Fizz Chews, and Chocolate Lime candies
    • Dean's Shortbread Rounds
    • Yummy Banana Toffee
    • Clotted Cream Fudge
    • Welsh Potato Crisps Lamb and Mint (these were my personal favorite)
    • Chewy Bonbons Rhubarb and Custard candies
    • Kent Crisps Ashmore Cheese and Onion

The 8 year old tried all the "weird stuff" even if it wasn't for him. He liked the candies and fudge, though. Of course he did. Also think it's cool that the box comes with a little booklet about all the food, where it comes from and little tidbits about the country (or collection of countries). I hope next month's box comes from someplace super unique. :)
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Do I, or do I not have just one more tasty cup of coffee??? Hmmmmm....Sunday thoughts...
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Do I, or do I not have just one more tasty cup of coffee??? Hmmmmm....Sunday thoughts...

Do. Those who dont end up under caffeinated.
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Do. Those who dont end up under caffeinated.

I like the way you think miss protein!!! I am about to get my do on!!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    The Mad Hater...

I read my horoscope for today and I really feel like I want him to be my new thing...

🎩
    🤓
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Be a daredevil.. dooooiiitttt
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    So much for social distancing 🙄

Why’d I even turn the TV on?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Yeah sad .. after seeing yesterday.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Yeah sad .. after seeing yesterday.

I’ve not had the tv on at all in a very long time. Turning it on was a stupid decision.