What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Hmm...now I wonder how many FR I got with a message . . . I always include one and now I'm sad people didn't get it.

Speaking of friends. . . I came here to say, what's the point of being friends on a fitness page if you're not going to post exercises, food, or even have a public profile?!? How can I encourage or gently berate your food choices if it's all private?

sometimes I'm a good friend and include motivational scoldings
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I think Kanye needs to keep his mouth shut. Permanently.
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    eta(dd) to rants... :|

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Hmm...now I wonder how many FR I got with a message . . . I always include one and now I'm sad people didn't get it.

Speaking of friends. . . I came here to say, what's the point of being friends on a fitness page if you're not going to post exercises, food, or even have a public profile?!? How can I encourage or gently berate your food choices if it's all private?

Wait... There's a fitness page in all of this? 😬

Guess your username is just to throw us all off right? "Healthy habits" 🤔 Hmm. . .

FR sent. Maybe you'll get my FR message, maybe you won't. It's a fun mystery. *wooo*
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options

Guess your username is just to throw us all off right? "Healthy habits" 🤔 Hmm. . .

FR sent. Maybe you'll get my FR message, maybe you won't. It's a fun mystery. *wooo*

No message...nor will you find motivation on my page😬
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

No message...nor will you find motivation on my page😬

Boo, I sent a message! Lol - I cant remember it in full...something about being okay with deserved motivational scolding and general encouragement. Haha.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    I just bought a *kitten* donut and threw it away. Wtf is wrong with me? Some of us need mfp more than others.😂 (I know I know, I could have given it away...I just saved someone else from eating like *kitten* tho)
    fgp3ypwzu3lc.gif
    Dis me right now☝️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    Apparently the messages you include with a FR never show up? So many of my shameless and wanton displays, unseen 😭

they don’t?! that explains a couple things

Well, i have yet to get one in a FR i have received and I have sent messages that weren’t ever acknowledged which is unusual

Let me rephrase:

I never send a FR without a message

They used to show up somewhere....is it the desktop version? I used to sometimes see them.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Decisions, decisions. I have to work through the evening and into the night but I'll have over 40 hours in for the week. Do I take the rest of the week off or continue working and take next week off? :confused:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    There’s this song that I listened to over and over one night because it was pumping me up to ask out this guy that I had a thing for. I was sitting on my bed with sweaty palms and a racing heart looking at his phone number when the phone rang. My mom hollered down the stairs that it was my friend. I told her I needed to go because I was going to ask Nate out before I lost the courage. She was like nooo he just started going out with Tanya. I remember that crushing disappointment. What a letdown. For the next year whenever I heard that song I had to switch it because it was such a painful song association for me.

The following summer I ran into Nate at a fireworks stand. I was wearing a tank top, cut off shorts, and literally no shoes. I was *kitten* mortified. My friend Jenny ran the fireworks stand and it was super close to my house so I had just been there talking to her when he came in. It felt like I was being smothered. He was still my only crush, like I could not get over this dude even though we had never talked.

I don’t even remember what happened next. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

A few hours later the phone rang. My mom came and told me it was a boy and I froze. I told her to tell whoever it was that I couldn’t come to the phone. She gave me a look and said “go, now”. Ugh. Answered the phone in my best sultry voice and it was Justin. And Nate.

Nate asked me out that night. I tried to talk him out of it because I’m a total wad. We dated awhile; he was my first boyfriend.

Next time I heard that song it had a different meaning for me. It made all the possibilities feel.. possible. To this day when I hear it, I relive a lot of those intense early teenage feelings. I love songs that can take you back like that.

Jenny and the fireworks stand.

Is she still available?

She still has some bottle-rockets, right?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    There’s this song that I listened to over and over one night because it was pumping me up to ask out this guy that I had a thing for. I was sitting on my bed with sweaty palms and a racing heart looking at his phone number when the phone rang. My mom hollered down the stairs that it was my friend. I told her I needed to go because I was going to ask Nate out before I lost the courage. She was like nooo he just started going out with Tanya. I remember that crushing disappointment. What a letdown. For the next year whenever I heard that song I had to switch it because it was such a painful song association for me.

The following summer I ran into Nate at a fireworks stand. I was wearing a tank top, cut off shorts, and literally no shoes. I was *kitten* mortified. My friend Jenny ran the fireworks stand and it was super close to my house so I had just been there talking to her when he came in. It felt like I was being smothered. He was still my only crush, like I could not get over this dude even though we had never talked.

I don’t even remember what happened next. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

A few hours later the phone rang. My mom came and told me it was a boy and I froze. I told her to tell whoever it was that I couldn’t come to the phone. She gave me a look and said “go, now”. Ugh. Answered the phone in my best sultry voice and it was Justin. And Nate.

Nate asked me out that night. I tried to talk him out of it because I’m a total wad. We dated awhile; he was my first boyfriend.

Next time I heard that song it had a different meaning for me. It made all the possibilities feel.. possible. To this day when I hear it, I relive a lot of those intense early teenage feelings. I love songs that can take you back like that.

Is she still available?

Sadly she sold all of them to my jerk neighbors who snapped the stems off so they could light them, throw them up, and watch me and the firework shriek/scramble all over

One landed in my pocket once
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Is she still available?

Sadly she sold all of them to my jerk neighbors who snapped the stems off so they could light them, throw them up, and watch me and the firework shriek/scramble all over

One landed in my pocket once

just think of it as 'cardio'.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i didn’t eat all day so i thought i could afford a big bowl of muesli with almonds and dried fruit and banana and peanut butter and it was like 700 calories and i feel like I’m going to puke now

mussels and lemons 🤮
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i didn’t eat all day so i thought i could afford a big bowl of muesli with almonds and dried fruit and banana and peanut butter and it was like 700 calories and i feel like I’m going to puke now

mussels and lemons 🤮

i’m dying bc the dehydrated mussels expanded in my tummy
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @cdubks88

b03h9tp0jaud.gif

Happy birthday my friend. One of the nicest people I’ve ever “met”. Hope you have a great day and year ahead. You deserve it!❤️🥳
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @cdubks88

b03h9tp0jaud.gif

Happy birthday my friend. One of the nicest people I’ve ever “met”. Hope you have a great day and year ahead. You deserve it!❤️🥳

Happy Birthday Bro!

I would have believed somewhere in your 30s man, I hope I look as young as you when I get there! 💕

Sorry to you both....just saw this.

Thanks so much!