Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I can't find my glasses so I guess this is just who I am now

When in this situation I often think of how screwed I would have been in hunter/gathering times. Then I wonder how humans have outsmarted natural selection (in this context) cause anecdotally it seems most people wear glasses...and shouldn’t have natural selection breed those with bad eyes out (can’t run from a cougar if you can’t see it! You’re dead!) ? But here I am with my poor eyesight surviving and thriving.

Thanks for entering my brain briefly. Hope you find your glasses.

When in this situation I often think of how screwed I would have been in hunter/gathering times. Then I wonder how humans have outsmarted natural selection (in this context) cause anecdotally it seems most people wear glasses...and shouldn’t have natural selection breed those with bad eyes out (can’t run from a cougar if you can’t see it! You’re dead!) ? But here I am with my poor eyesight surviving and thriving.

They'll turn up, or they won't. Either way, I'm walking away from this scenario as a changed man

this why you gotta only buy the cheap ones off Zenni every year.
    then store the old glasses at different places in case you ever need them. eventually you'll have like a bunch of spares cached all over the place. like in the truck, the emergency bag, the computer desk, that emergency storage building you rent across town that nobody knows about, the junk drawer, the desk at work.
    in the land of the blind the man with multiple pairs of $11.95 glasses from Zenni is king.

I just found them

did you have them pulled up and resting on top of your head the whole time? you did didn't you

its okay it happens to all of us
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

They'll turn up, or they won't. Either way, I'm walking away from this scenario as a changed man

then store the old glasses at different places in case you ever need them. eventually you'll have like a bunch of spares cached all over the place. like in the truck, the emergency bag, the computer desk, that emergency storage building you rent across town that nobody knows about, the junk drawer, the desk at work.
    in the land of the blind the man with multiple pairs of $11.95 glasses from Zenni is king.

I just found them

did you have them pulled up and resting on top of your head the whole time? you did didn't you

No but they were next to me the whole time

There's a *chance* I didn't look for them as hard as I could have, but I also didn't have to drive very far so it all worked out
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I just found them

There's a *chance* I didn't look for them as hard as I could have, but I also didn't have to drive very far so it all worked out

Mr Magoo ;)
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

I have often dabbled but never purchased. My prescription is so high though that I'm looking at $30 minimum. What a rip off (kidding!). In the wise words of Matt and Kim "one day I'll see without these frames" but that day is not today. . . (actually probably never ever, laser eye freaks me out)

• Reckoner69_lmao
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

I just found them

Mr Magoo ;)

If I caused any chaos, I sure didn't see it :D
  • fstrickl
    Options

I just found them

Oh my god, you can drive without your glasses? Do you even need them?! 😜
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

I just found them

Oh my god, you can drive without your glasses? Do you even need them?! 😜

You might be amazed at the things I can do without other things...!

But yeah, my vision's bad but not TERRIBLE. I can see most things sans details without my glasses.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

That's because people who wear glasses are 🔥😍... 😏
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    arko2226 wrote: »
    My sweet 16 year old dog passed away Friday morning. I'm heartbroken, can't stop the tears. This morning was so odd without our routine, here are the tears again. My head and my heart hurt so bad.

Im so sorry for your loss :(
  • fstrickl
    Options

That's because people who wear glasses are 🔥😍... 😏

**quickly changes profile pic to one where she’s wearing glasses**
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My MRI tomorrow. Here's to having scanxiety for the next 2 weeks or so until I get my results.

fingers crossed for u 🌼✨💫♥️
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    My MRI tomorrow. Here's to having scanxiety for the next 2 weeks or so until I get my results.

the wait is awful, I hope it goes well 🤗🤞
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

It's the worst!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

It's the worst!

Absolutely the very worst 😔
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    My dad.

Had to admit him to the hospital again post-op. Post-release transition plan is to be a skilled nursing facility.

He doesn't know yet and it will be a struggle for him to accept with his dementia.

One of the hardest things to do knowing the transition will end up likely in permanent residency for his own good.

Hate the thought of him ever feeling alone and the restrictions these facilities are putting on visitation is only going to make that worse.

So sorry C.
    We went through it with my dad.
    There is nothing that makes it easier, I’m sorry. :(
  • inkstain58
    inkstain58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 14 day streak, says this app, but I haven't lost any weight. I never really eat as much as I'm supposed to, either. I think menopause did me in.