What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So when I was hanging with the niece (8) last weekend she pointed to my rainbow unicorn keychain that I keep hooked to my purse and said, "I like that, can I have it?" I told her no because it was my souvenir from Cali. She's like, "How much do you want for it."" How much do you have?""$120". I tell her that's way too much and then I said that I paid $3 tops for it. "$3? I'll give you $20 ".
    👀 Who tf is this kid??? I didn't make the sale because it was never up for sale and she has no concept of money smh.

You should have taken all of her money.

.... and then some.

$120 for the down payment, finance the balance at a confiscatory rate.

Chalk it up to a Life Lesson when she complains later in life.

I have failed her. 😔
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    So when I was hanging with the niece (8) last weekend she pointed to my rainbow unicorn keychain that I keep hooked to my purse and said, "I like that, can I have it?" I told her no because it was my souvenir from Cali. She's like, "How much do you want for it."" How much do you have?""$120". I tell her that's way too much and then I said that I paid $3 tops for it. "$3? I'll give you $20 ".
    👀 Who tf is this kid??? I didn't make the sale because it was never up for sale and she has no concept of money smh.

.... and then some.

I have failed her. 😔

Teach her rule 1...

Never tell anyone how much you have on you 😬
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

.... and then some.

I have failed her. 😔

There’s still time to rip her off.

I’m sure that you’re up to the challenge.

Share the Love.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I don't actively do IF, but if I don't eat after supper (say I stop eating at 8PM) and then don't eat breakfast till 8AM isn't that IF?? I'm not trying to hate on IF, but isn't break-fast literally the breaking of a fast every morning (or whenever you eat your first meal depending on your sleep schedule)? Even when I wasn't WFH I'd probably stop eating around 8PM and eat breakfast at around 7AM before I left for work. Isn't this just "normal" meal routine? (I know some folks work different hours so the time of day could look different).

I feel like this is coming across as rude, and I don't mean it to be. I just don't understand (I know some IF says fast for like 20 hours eat for 4, which I could never do because I am usually hungry when I wake up). Anyway, this is what's on my mind as I pretend to study.

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I don't actively do IF, but if I don't eat after supper (say I stop eating at 8PM) and then don't eat breakfast till 8AM isn't that IF?? I'm not trying to hate on IF, but isn't break-fast literally the breaking of a fast every morning (or whenever you eat your first meal depending on your sleep schedule)? Even when I wasn't WFH I'd probably stop eating around 8PM and eat breakfast at around 7AM before I left for work. Isn't this just "normal" meal routine? (I know some folks work different hours so the time of day could look different).

I feel like this is coming across as rude, and I don't mean it to be. I just don't understand (I know some IF says fast for like 20 hours eat for 4, which I could never do because I am usually hungry when I wake up). Anyway, this is what's on my mind as I pretend to study.

i thought it was like 16/8, 18/6 or 20/4
    like 12/12 i would think would normal routine
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

Doesn’t seem rude at all! IF isn’t for everyone but it’s what I do. I’ve been doing it for years but only started “clean fasting” since last year June. I started 16/8. Then 18/6 (which is what I normally do). And then some longer ones (like 42-48 hours, not super often these days). I think IF can be whatever you make it but if you’re looking at the autophagy and different benefits, the benefits increase as the fasting time increases. Again....some people may not agree with all of this and that’s ok. I live it and believe in it and it’s worked for me. I’m 72 lbs down due in large part to fasting. This chart kind of shows what I’m talking about.
    ga4dp1u0w5ri.jpeg
    But you’re totally correct, breakfast is literally breaking a fast every morning. I just choose to break my fast way later in the day. Hope this helps a little?
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Btw.....the benefits I’ve seen have gone far beyond weight loss. 😊
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

.... and then some.

you are ruthless......
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Why does google keep sending me ads for "underwear your balls deserve" and VW games?

Month ago the ads were all about standing up peeing thingies for girls and credit scores

...what did I search?🤔
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @MelG7777 thanks for explaining! Glad I don’t sound rude!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    How come toad turds are so big? I mean, how can such huge turds come out if such small amphibians all over my porch?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    How come toad turds are so big? I mean, how can such huge turds come out if such small amphibians all over my porch?

I've wondered this myself 🤔
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Why does google keep sending me ads for "underwear your balls deserve" and VW games?

Month ago the ads were all about standing up peeing thingies for girls and credit scores

...what did I search?🤔

Or what have you been talking about out loud 😯
  • MelG7777
    Options

...what did I search?🤔

Or what I’ve thought and never said aloud.🙀
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

...what did I search?🤔

Or what I’ve thought and never said aloud.🙀

Or...
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Random thought....it’s groups like K-Ci & JoJo and other 90’s singers that screwed up my thoughts of what love would look like as a grown up.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Random thought....it’s groups like K-Ci & JoJo and other 90’s singers that screwed up my thoughts of what love would look like as a grown up.

There is a place in time somewhere in a deep dark corner in hell with my name on it where that song plays all day long...
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

Boyz 2 Men have a lot to answer for.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Boyz 2 Men have a lot to answer for.

They're back 2 boyz and are not taking questions