What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    It’s a weird thing, aging. You feel exactly the same as you did 10,15,20 years ago but now your hair is throwing up gray streaks and your skin don’t lie

Some of us feel a lot deader

Isn’t that the key to happiness?
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    It’s a weird thing, aging. You feel exactly the same as you did 10,15,20 years ago but now your hair is throwing up gray streaks and your skin don’t lie

but i already felt old 10,15,20 years ago and i was already going bald at least 10 years ago now so tbh im conflicted on how to feel about this aging thing

bc u are a old man spirit trapped in young body

idk maybe u get old old and suddenly everything feels just RIGHT kwim?

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

but i already felt old 10,15,20 years ago and i was already going bald at least 10 years ago now so tbh im conflicted on how to feel about this aging thing

bc u are a old man spirit trapped in young body

idk maybe u get old old and suddenly everything feels just RIGHT kwim?

i choose to imagine things like im basically benjamin button only when i get old i'll still look old, but at least mentally i'll be young enough to harass respect all the nice young ladies at the nursing home

79aq26qvzc29.gif

if that’s true then mid life u would have the zen like feel of your body n mind finally being in sync

• Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

When you get to menopause, you will feel completely betrayed by your body.

gfz2uytw6b86.jpeg
    😭

😂 we were just talking about menopause last night.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

My hair started graying in college but i thought i lucked out since i was blonde. In an unfunny twist of fate, my natural hair color has darkened to a lovely shade of tepid dishwater which really highlights the grays nicely 🤦🏼‍♀️

my hair is perfect.

..... I thought you should know.

Yeah but men tend to get more exquisite with age. Everyone knows women go to pot once they hit 20 so no one expects better from us 😏
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

Not me... I'm in my prime sugar sugar sugar... 😏

I'm honestly in the best years of my life rn... But I've got kinda a unique story I suppose... 10yrs ago I could barely walk down the street and 15yrs ago I was probably worse off because I was high as a kite all the time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm only getting younger, my heart and head are in a better place as well... But I must remember the story of Job and realize at any moment all this could change 🤷🏽‍♂️

It did change; 10-15 years ago.

If I'm remembering Sunday school correctly, Job's life went through a series of nothing but deeper and deeper valleys and then he was restored - and, arguably, abundantly compensated for his tenacity - until the end of his days.

Congratulations on the come up, my friend. I don't know all your details but what you just shared was touching.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    M-119 😍
  • CacoEther
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I'm honestly in the best years of my life rn... But I've got kinda a unique story I suppose... 10yrs ago I could barely walk down the street and 15yrs ago I was probably worse off because I was high as a kite all the time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm only getting younger, my heart and head are in a better place as well... But I must remember the story of Job and realize at any moment all this could change 🤷🏽‍♂️

If I'm remembering Sunday school correctly, Job's life went through a series of nothing but deeper and deeper valleys and then he was restored - and, arguably, abundantly compensated for his tenacity - until the end of his days.

Congratulations on the come up, my friend. I don't know all your details but what you just shared was touching.

I mean.. ‘valleys’ is extremely euphemistic for having lost everything including his children while dealing with full-body boils and a wife who wished he would just die already 😬
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

I mean.. ‘valleys’ is extremely euphemistic for having lost everything including his children while dealing with full-body boils and a wife who wished he would just die already 😬

Point taken 🤣 yet I live only in euphamisms.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

....... the whole 'wife thing' probably applies to most of us