Replies

• Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    hrichts wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    It’s a weird thing, aging. You feel exactly the same as you did 10,15,20 years ago but now your hair is throwing up gray streaks and your skin don’t lie

Not me... I'm in my prime sugar sugar sugar... 😏

I'm honestly in the best years of my life rn... But I've got kinda a unique story I suppose... 10yrs ago I could barely walk down the street and 15yrs ago I was probably worse off because I was high as a kite all the time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm only getting younger, my heart and head are in a better place as well... But I must remember the story of Job and realize at any moment all this could change 🤷🏽‍♂️

It did change; 10-15 years ago.

If I'm remembering Sunday school correctly, Job's life went through a series of nothing but deeper and deeper valleys and then he was restored - and, arguably, abundantly compensated for his tenacity - until the end of his days.

Congratulations on the come up, my friend. I don't know all your details but what you just shared was touching.

I mean.. ‘valleys’ is extremely euphemistic for having lost everything including his children while dealing with full-body boils and a wife who wished he would just die already 😬

....... the whole 'wife thing' probably applies to most of us

Oh man, this is spot on
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    14osn0qqg0ha.jpg

Poutine in Michigan 😍

+1 for Michigan, enjoy your stay!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better than I did 30+ years ago. Just wish I had thicker hair, and less wrinkles. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    It’s a weird thing, aging. You feel exactly the same as you did 10,15,20 years ago but now your hair is throwing up gray streaks and your skin don’t lie

Not me... I'm in my prime sugar sugar sugar... 😏

I'm honestly in the best years of my life rn... But I've got kinda a unique story I suppose... 10yrs ago I could barely walk down the street and 15yrs ago I was probably worse off because I was high as a kite all the time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm only getting younger, my heart and head are in a better place as well... But I must remember the story of Job and realize at any moment all this could change 🤷🏽‍♂️

It did change; 10-15 years ago.

If I'm remembering Sunday school correctly, Job's life went through a series of nothing but deeper and deeper valleys and then he was restored - and, arguably, abundantly compensated for his tenacity - until the end of his days.

Congratulations on the come up, my friend. I don't know all your details but what you just shared was touching.

I feel the story of Job is often misunderstood... I think the important take away is to remember that if God were take away his protection from any of us, we to may lose faith just as Job did...

So I relate this to my weightloss... I was only able to do what I did because God protected me and gave me the strength and direction to do so... If he were to lift his protection from me, I too might lose my will and faith just as Job did...

There is nothing that I can really take credit for, it's not that I have discipline, or self control, or found motivation... That's just a lot of self righteous ego talk...

There are many that have way more discipline and all that than I have, who still struggle to lose weight...

I just could never look at someone who was where I was and say they need discipline or self control... Everything is within or something 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,041 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

When you get to menopause, you will feel completely betrayed by your body.

gfz2uytw6b86.jpeg
    😭

😂 we were just talking about menopause last night.

Maybe we need a private group/thread. So I know what to prepare for. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Althomy
    Althomy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just been thinking about taking a walk. I just love taking walks since I live in the woods. :blush:
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    i just want to dissolve into a fantasy of travel, food, fun, dressing up and more fun

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I want something heavy to put on top of my anxiousness so it doesn’t bubble over

Like guilt?
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    I want something heavy to put on top of my anxiousness so it doesn’t bubble over

nope - you're coming with me. i'll pick you up and we'll go on a road trip *remember - it's my fantasy* ;)
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

Like guilt?

??
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

nope - you're coming with me. i'll pick you up and we'll go on a road trip *remember - it's my fantasy* ;)

I’ll bring the chex mix and good n plenties
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

Like guilt?

??

and alcohol. and guns ;) jk with the guns. alcohol yes. maybe a winery?
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Like guilt?

??

Can I come too?
  • CacoEther
    Options

Like guilt?

??

Can I come too?

Thought you and @motorsheen were already headed somewhere but we can meet up 😌
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

Like guilt?

??

Can I come too?

*kitten* yeah! two thelmas and one louise!
  • CacoEther
    Options

Like guilt?

??

I'm just gonna say "potato" here instead of posting what I meant to post, then having to go back and edit it to just say "potato" but suffice to say this fantasy hits very close to home

You do seem like a man who likes his guns