What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Why are my hands and feet always cold no matter how warm it might be in a place or what I happen to be wearing? I don't want to have to wear gloves in 70 degree weather just to feel my extremities. :(
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are so hung up on not eating late at night.

I eat practically right before I go to bed between 10-11. It hasn't impacted my weight loss so far. I am on a strict calorie deficit.
    I see whole threads devoted to stopping late night eating.

I have to eat within 2 hours of going to bed or I won't sleep.

Eating before bed is wonderful! (For me)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »

I eat practically right before I go to bed between 10-11. It hasn't impacted my weight loss so far. I am on a strict calorie deficit.

I try not to eat before bed because one of two things usually happens and I can't sleep:

a. I get heartburn regardless of whatever it is I'm eating and nothing makes it better or
    b. I end up feeling like I have a rock in my gut which makes it impossible to sleep.

I don't really take much stock in there being a "correct time" and a "wrong time" to eat outside of "eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not". I definitely could not sleep if my stomach was growling at me or giving me hunger cramps, though!
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »

I try not to eat before bed because one of two things usually happens and I can't sleep:

a. I get heartburn regardless of whatever it is I'm eating and nothing makes it better or
    b. I end up feeling like I have a rock in my gut which makes it impossible to sleep.

I don't really take much stock in there being a "correct time" and a "wrong time" to eat outside of "eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not". I definitely could not sleep if my stomach was growling at me or giving me hunger cramps, though!

These are good reasons. Thank you. I can't eat when hungry at all.

My second thought for the night is totally unrelated.

I don't watch Stranger Things. But I've seen pictures of Mille Bobbie Brown.

This is driving me nuts and I have no outlet but here to vent this:

She looks EXACTLY like Elizabeth Perkins! The 80s actress from Big!

There, I said it.

Change my mind.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @brustmannzwei I meant your fitness level. I actually know people with a 'normal' relationship with food and they don't have to think about anything. Everything falls into place for them. I like to observe these exotic birds because I have to keep my head engaged in every step of the process. Do you run.

What I'm trying to say, all of the folks on chit-chat seem to have their situations situated at all times. Figured out.
    I would like to hear their secret keys to everything. Our mileage will always vary. One template does not fit all but if there's another piece of the puzzle out there, I just want to know about it. There are no shortcuts but I like insider tips to fitness.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    my stomach is upset.. too much junk yesterday maybe🤔

I hope you feel better real soon! 🌻
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Hopefully that's all it is. I hope you feel better soon. ♡

It was the breakfast wasn’t it? Damn hotel cooked breakfast.

cql6n3oppaqj.gif

Thank you .. 🙂 I suspect it was the greasy chicken yesterday I got while I was out. Im not used to so much grease 😬 Ginger ale will fix it 😁

Oh wait .. yes, yes it was the hotel breakfast @brustmannzwei.. you'll have to make me dinner to make up for it 😉

10-4. Developing the menu especially for you and will let you know when it’s finished.

@slimgirljo15 Hope your rooster didn’t wake you when I collected the eggs for breakfast. This mornings menu features fresh eggs...

Eggs Benedict
    Eggs in a basket with bacon made with puffed pastry
    Espresso waffles with chocolate and caramel drizzle and sliced almonds.
    Pumpkin spice scones
    Fresh squeezed OJ with chunks of pineapple and strawberry
    Coffee, medium roast, blond and sweet
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    NFL shutting down some facilities, just heard that on the news. Gotta roll with the punches.
  • brustmannzwei
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @brustmannzwei I meant your fitness level. I actually know people with a 'normal' relationship with food and they don't have to think about anything. Everything falls into place for them. I like to observe these exotic birds because I have to keep my head engaged in every step of the process. Do you run.

What I'm trying to say, all of the folks on chit-chat seem to have their situations situated at all times. Figured out.
    I would like to hear their secret keys to everything. Our mileage will always vary. One template does not fit all but if there's another piece of the puzzle out there, I just want to know about it. There are no shortcuts but I like insider tips to fitness.

@Diatonic12 oh, I’m a knucklehead. Ive got old man strength, for my entire life I’ve had to get physicals and pass fitness tests, always been active and play sports so I’d say I’m in decent shape. I’m a very structured and loath change. So once I find something I like I stick with it and all is good. It’s when I travel, especially with co workers, and my routine changes that some things get chaotic.

For example, last time out in Kansas City ‘ol boy I was traveling with insisted on going to Jess and Jim’s EVERY NIGHT! I can’t stand eating out that much.

But here, I don’t have to think about anything. I head to the store, I get my chicken tenders, Romain lettuce, mix up some fat free ranch and Frank’s buffalo sauce, mix in the rest of the fixings, and am in salad heaven.

I jog sometimes but mostly walk. I can’t sit still when I’m on the phone. I end up walking all over the place. Circles close to my laptop or hardware if I need to refer to it, all over the yard, parking lot, down to the store, wherever if not.

After I get settled in I’ll need to break out the P90x books and get back into my normal routine but it won’t take long before it’s business as usual.

The work around the house helps too. Normally I have a somewhat labor I tensive project going on. Rossi g bags of mulch, pavers, building / adding onto the deck, etc.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

I hope you feel better real soon! 🌻
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Hopefully that's all it is. I hope you feel better soon. ♡

It was the breakfast wasn’t it? Damn hotel cooked breakfast.

cql6n3oppaqj.gif

Thank you .. 🙂 I suspect it was the greasy chicken yesterday I got while I was out. Im not used to so much grease 😬 Ginger ale will fix it 😁

Oh wait .. yes, yes it was the hotel breakfast @brustmannzwei.. you'll have to make me dinner to make up for it 😉

10-4. Developing the menu especially for you and will let you know when it’s finished.

@slimgirljo15 Hope your rooster didn’t wake you when I collected the eggs for breakfast. This mornings menu features fresh eggs...

Eggs Benedict
    Eggs in a basket with bacon made with puffed pastry
    Espresso waffles with chocolate and caramel drizzle and sliced almonds.
    Pumpkin spice scones
    Fresh squeezed OJ with chunks of pineapple and strawberry
    Coffee, medium roast, blond and sweet

What a feast, that all sounds so delicious 🤤 thank you 🤗
    You didn't happen to see a fat fox down there near the coop did you? Damn thing took a chook yesterday 😒
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    :yawn: 🛌😴 night all
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @brustmannzwei Structured and loathe change. I see. Humans thrive on routines and structure. You don't sit still. Hmm mmm. You should write instructional manuals because I can see what you say. I can see people here in my mind's eye after you get a feel or take on them. No distance in that realm, is there. Alrighty then. Thank you.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    A friend shared this on here and I just thought it was great. So many great points.

https://youtu.be/Naz_DWHgOeA
  • brustmannzwei
    Options
    Was thinking to my self, “Self, since asked about cardio, what do you look like when you run?”, and came up with, “Probably like this.”.

zkc1wj8ukn4l.gif
  • Diatonic12
    edited October 2020
    Options
    o3r14armd83t.png

@motorsheen I need the one that moves, please.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    o3r14armd83t.png

@motorsheen I need the one that moves, please.

what_she_said_office.gif

• Diatonic12
    Options
    Oooo brother. :D I really like the one that moves but I can't make it move like you can. Since I've got you on the horn, this song is for you, today. @Motorsheen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ebwhu3nsM8

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    The end of an era 😢
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Xabia, Spain
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options